Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 89   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Beatrice News  (Read 218446 times)
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1155 on: June 24, 2022, 05:21:00 AM »

Bea is looking absolutely fabulous these days! Marriage and motherhood truly have brought out her sparkle.  Smiley
Lady G

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1156 on: June 24, 2022, 08:50:49 AM »

I don't think it's anything conscious on Beatrice's part to be more visible, I just think the press need to fill webpages 24/7/365. And maybe the press realise that a slimmed down monarchy is going to get kind of repetitive with only 4 people to focus on.

"Cowards falter, but danger is often overcome by those who nobly dare."
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1157 on: June 24, 2022, 11:20:18 AM »

Lady G - I think you are correct.

Bea is simply doing what she has always done and people are assuming that she is going to be doing more 'officially' when she will continue supporting causes she values and will spend the rest of her time working and being a mum. She is probably still on maternity leave for Sienna at this time as well remember as Sienna isn't a year old yet. The UK allows mums a full 12 months maternity leave and depending on when Bea started she probably is still on leave.
Princess MS

Warned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1158 on: June 24, 2022, 12:10:53 PM »

Lady G - I think you are correct.

Bea is simply doing what she has always done and people are assuming that she is going to be doing more 'officially' when she will continue supporting causes she values and will spend the rest of her time working and being a mum. She is probably still on maternity leave for Sienna at this time as well remember as Sienna isn't a year old yet. The UK allows mums a full 12 months maternity leave and depending on when Bea started she probably is still on leave.

Bea will probably turn up to official dinners on occasion.... she is relatively low key and the retirement age cousins of QE11 are close to or at the point of stepping back. So they will need some support....
Princess Vespa

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1159 on: June 24, 2022, 03:06:46 PM »

She looks wonderful here! I love how Edo is so calm and collected. He seems supportive while also being sure of his own self too. It feels like Beatrice has a life she's wanted for awhile and is very content.

I still don't think she'll ever have a role as a working royal in the sense we think of it now, but someone will need to fill seats at state dinners, etc. as the older family members retire or pass away. Not sure if it is her intention, but she has started seeming like a good option for those support roles recently. I think she also has a huge respect for her grandmother and the legacy of the royal family, so she may feel very strongly as though she needs to protect it.

Agree!  I do kinda wish that bodice slit were fully sewn together, but other than that she looks phenomenal.  Stunning!

I vacillate on Edo...here I like him, sometimes he seems too smug or a candidate for his own Camera Hungry Eyes thread.

I think you're right that she won't be an official working royal (or whatever the title/designation is) but I think she can carve out a very comfortable supporting role.  I've never been a fan of hers but she is winning me over.

I side-eyed the relationship with Edo when it first became known because the timeline of his starting a relationship with Bea and leaving his previous partner seemed to be a bit wonky. He also came off to me smarmy and opportunistic, however the more I see him at royal engagements the more that he grows on me. 

I feel like since he came on the scene, the relationship between Bea and the Cambridges has been improving and I think that is due in large part to Edo's influence. He seems to have an ingrained respect for royal hierarchy, perhaps because of his own ties to Italian royalty through his father.

I think he has also played a part in helping Bea to scale back her dress sense, although maybe she has just hired a better personal stylist.
LadyBunion

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1160 on: June 24, 2022, 03:46:28 PM »

I think Edo and his family (specifically mother's side) had known the Yorks for a long time, after she divorced Edo's father she married a Conservative politician , very much part of the establishment (he unfortunately had a heart attack and died at Glastonbury).
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1161 on: June 24, 2022, 04:45:31 PM »

She looks wonderful here! I love how Edo is so calm and collected. He seems supportive while also being sure of his own self too. It feels like Beatrice has a life she's wanted for awhile and is very content.

I still don't think she'll ever have a role as a working royal in the sense we think of it now, but someone will need to fill seats at state dinners, etc. as the older family members retire or pass away. Not sure if it is her intention, but she has started seeming like a good option for those support roles recently. I think she also has a huge respect for her grandmother and the legacy of the royal family, so she may feel very strongly as though she needs to protect it.

Agree!  I do kinda wish that bodice slit were fully sewn together, but other than that she looks phenomenal.  Stunning!

I vacillate on Edo...here I like him, sometimes he seems too smug or a candidate for his own Camera Hungry Eyes thread.

I think you're right that she won't be an official working royal (or whatever the title/designation is) but I think she can carve out a very comfortable supporting role.  I've never been a fan of hers but she is winning me over.

I side-eyed the relationship with Edo when it first became known because the timeline of his starting a relationship with Bea and leaving his previous partner seemed to be a bit wonky. He also came off to me smarmy and opportunistic, however the more I see him at royal engagements the more that he grows on me.  

I feel like since he came on the scene, the relationship between Bea and the Cambridges has been improving and I think that is due in large part to Edo's influence. He seems to have an ingrained respect for royal hierarchy, perhaps because of his own ties to Italian royalty through his father.

I think he has also played a part in helping Bea to scale back her dress sense, although maybe she has just hired a better personal stylist.

Welcome Princess Vespa!

I agree with all you've said.

I think we side eyed Edo because we were so used to side eyening slimey smiling' Dave. It carried over.

While I don't see Bea becoming a full time royal anytime soon, never say never. I think despite protestations to the contrary, both Charles and William may find her very useful as the BRF ages out. Certainly Bea and Edo will be a staple at State Banquets at the very least.

I love love love her in the gown. I would have added in another hook and eye closure, and the gown did need to be fitted better. But all and all I haven't ever seen her look so lovely save her wedding day.

All in all Edo and her life with him have been very good for Bea.

“Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.”    Stanley Horowitz
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1162 on: June 24, 2022, 05:35:24 PM »

Princess Beatrice and Mr Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi are attending the Glastonbury music festival

autumn

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1163 on: June 24, 2022, 06:45:04 PM »

My thoughts on any future role for Bea (or Eug, Louise or James)
While they’ll be expected to pay their own way, I can see them quietly supporting the Crown in the same way as the Kent’s and Glouster’s. They’ll be available for banquets and perhaps the occasional balcony appearance. And they’ll have select causes they’ll quietly support to less fanfare than senior royals.
Emac0914

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1164 on: June 24, 2022, 08:34:22 PM »

I agree, Autumn.  While the Cambridge children are young and in school, I can see Beatrice, Eugenie and maybe Louise involved but like others have said, smaller, discrete events in support of the Crown and larger events that need many family members.  Louise also still needs to finish university but could start to accompany her parents more often, start with a small solo event specifically to her interests.  Beatrice there in the UK, next in line would seem like the most likely to step up and add to the Cambridges, Wessexes, Ann, esp with the Kents and Gloucesters really aging out.  The Duke of Kent seems like HM, energized bunny even though he’s aging quickly.  Eugenie in Portugal seems like she’d be more of a later resort.

Didn’t mean to add to the conversation that’s greatly diverged from Beatrice’s event and outfit.  She did look lovely and I also had concerns about Edo but he does seem to be a good fit all around.  Can’t see HM approving if he weren’t for her beloved granddaughter.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1165 on: June 24, 2022, 09:52:44 PM »

I agree, Autumn.  While the Cambridge children are young and in school, I can see Beatrice, Eugenie and maybe Louise involved but like others have said, smaller, discrete events in support of the Crown and larger events that need many family members.  Louise also still needs to finish university but could start to accompany her parents more often, start with a small solo event specifically to her interests.  Beatrice there in the UK, next in line would seem like the most likely to step up and add to the Cambridges, Wessexes, Ann, esp with the Kents and Gloucesters really aging out.  The Duke of Kent seems like HM, energized bunny even though he’s aging quickly.  Eugenie in Portugal seems like she’d be more of a later resort.

Didn’t mean to add to the conversation that’s greatly diverged from Beatrice’s event and outfit.  She did look lovely and I also had concerns about Edo but he does seem to be a good fit all around.  Can’t see HM approving if he weren’t for her beloved granddaughter.

I agree with you on all of this except the last sentence Smiley
Emac0914

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1166 on: June 24, 2022, 11:40:57 PM »

Congratulations on 2000 posts, Cordelia. 🌸
Paulina

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1167 on: June 25, 2022, 12:03:10 AM »

Congrats, too, Cordelia Beer!!

I always like the AP history lessons. ;-)

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome ŕ Paris - paraphrased)
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #1168 on: June 25, 2022, 12:12:05 AM »

Princess Beatrice and Mr Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi are attending the Glastonbury music festival

This is tragic. Glastonbury used to be an egalitarian “flower children” affair, not a showy gold-buckle bling celebrity billionaire merching playground.
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1169 on: June 25, 2022, 12:35:35 AM »

My thoughts on any future role for Bea (or Eug, Louise or James)
While they’ll be expected to pay their own way, I can see them quietly supporting the Crown in the same way as the Kent’s and Glouster’s. They’ll be available for banquets and perhaps the occasional balcony appearance. And they’ll have select causes they’ll quietly support to less fanfare than senior royals.

The Kent's (The Duke and Princess Alexandra) and the Gloucester's are all full-time working royals and have been most of their adult lives. The Dukes both had a bit of time doing other things - Kent in the army and Gloucester as an architect. Since Prince William's death in 1972 The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester have only worked for The Queen and Alexandra started her working royal life as a 16 year old while The Duke of Kent did his 20 or so years in the army first. Even then, like Andrew later, he still carried out more engagements a year as a member of the military and part-time working royal than William does now. The Gloucester's by the way are about the same age as Charles and Camilla - the Duke is four years older than Charles and the Duchess is two years older - although Richard is The Queen's first cousin he was more a big brother to Charles than anything, as was his older brother William.

Beatrice and Eugenie have been told 'never' as working royals. Attending the odd State Banquet - like the Michael's of Kent - is possible but they won't be taking on the roles of the main Kent's and the Gloucester's. That is what the 'slimming down' is all about - cutting out cousins from being working royals and even possibly, in time, younger siblings as well. It may even include the eventual removal of HRHs from cousins, which I suspect will be one of Charles' first actions as King - to limit HRH to the children of the monarch and only the children of the heir apparent in each generation.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 01:55:45 AM by luvcharles » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 89   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: