Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 90   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Beatrice News  (Read 231595 times)
Nappyolean

Warned
Small Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #1290 on: August 09, 2022, 07:41:47 PM »

I can’t be the only one who gets intensely irritated by a 32 year old woman referring to her sibling as her “sissy”, can I? I hate adults who indulge in baby talk with other adults. At least publicly.
“Big sissy”, aren’t they practically Irish twins? It honestly makes me think Eugenie is unbalanced.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #1291 on: August 09, 2022, 11:48:28 PM »

I can’t be the only one who gets intensely irritated by a 32 year old woman referring to her sibling as her “sissy”, can I? I hate adults who indulge in baby talk with other adults. At least publicly.
“Big sissy”, aren’t they practically Irish twins? It honestly makes me think Eugenie is unbalanced.
😹 thanks for the education- I hadn’t struck that term!
periwinkle

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1292 on: August 10, 2022, 12:10:59 AM »

Isn't calling your big sister "sissy" very upper class? My aspiring sister in law had my nephew call my niece that but it didn't really take. I think she modeled herself on the uber socialite C.Z. Guest whose initials were a stand in for "sissy".
emtishell

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1293 on: August 10, 2022, 04:50:06 AM »

They're 19 months apart, and two calendar years. Hardly even close to "Irish twins" who are born in the same calendar year.

My two girls (29 and 27, university educated, professional women) call each other "sistew" which is sort of pronounced a bit like "scissor", and my little grandson calls his big sister "sissy" and I am fairly sure it will stick. I think it shows their close relationship and I don't see it as a problem.

I mean, they still call their mother "mummy", which definitely IS an upper-class thing.
anneboleyn

Warned
Gigantic Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #1294 on: August 10, 2022, 05:21:40 AM »

CHARLES calls the queen mummy and I laugh every time. It’s definitely a cultural thing.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
lothwen

Warned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1295 on: August 10, 2022, 06:21:24 AM »

I know couples who have been married for 20+ years who write sappy social media posts for their SO’s birthdays, and ones who don’t. Some people are just more public than others in expressing themselves.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #1296 on: August 10, 2022, 12:59:58 PM »

I agree, why the public message? Don't they see each other at home? I always mistrust very public demonstration of love such as these, sometimes it's an attempt at overcompensating. I do hope I am wrong.

It's cheaper than a card 

Cool your jets, everyone
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1297 on: August 11, 2022, 02:59:52 PM »

And it is certainly a lot more charming than the "Yo Sophie, how about it?" proposal a certain Spanish King threw at his partner of choice together with the engagement ring....

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1298 on: August 11, 2022, 11:27:10 PM »

I think in a way they are Fergie's kids after all. Basically they could fade into a privileged private life and live happily ever after, turning up for major events (jubilee, coronations, ....). But I think they like the publicity and they can't do without.

So they use what they use best: topic kids (and you get to see these cryptic "not showing my baby in the pictures I am sharing" - but they seem to be trendy at the moment with a lot of young moms, so maybe they are developping a fan base there. I am friends with a good few young mothers on Insta (most of them are my former students) and there are heaps of baby pictures posted daily, they basically only show the baby, but the babies face is covered with a smilie or something like that - so you get to see two hands or similar things and you wonder: Eh ... what does this picture tell me?

Bea and Eugenie are the only sister + sister pair of her generation (H+W = 2x male, L+J = mixed, Z+P = mixed) so they are looking for some publicity there.
anneboleyn

Warned
Gigantic Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #1299 on: August 11, 2022, 11:30:54 PM »

Plus their father made such a big deal about them being “blood princesses”.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
CyrilSebastian

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1300 on: August 12, 2022, 01:00:25 AM »

In what year did Prince Andrew first speak of his daughters as "blood princesses"?
Paulina

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1301 on: August 12, 2022, 02:00:51 AM »

They are equal in blood to Zara, Peter, Louise, and James. What a tool Andrew is.

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome ŕ Paris - paraphrased)
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1302 on: August 12, 2022, 03:25:11 AM »

In what year did Prince Andrew first speak of his daughters as "blood princesses"?

It is an alleged comment. He hasn't said it in public.
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1303 on: August 12, 2022, 03:29:10 AM »

They are equal in blood to Zara, Peter, Louise, and James. What a tool Andrew is.

Under the 1917 rules Zara and Peter aren't royal so there is a difference between Anne's children and Andrew's children.

IF such a comment was stated, and if it wasn't it was never stated publicly, I believe it was around 1992 at one of the early meetings of the now defunct Way Ahead Group. That was long before Louise and James were born and when it was first rumoured that Charles wanted to strip Beatrice and Eugenie of their HRHs leaving only his sons as royal in their generation. That, I believe is still his intention - to remove HRH from all grandchildren of The Queen other than William and Harry. It is due to that intention that Edward decided to not give his kids HRH from birth so that they weren't later stripped by his older brother.
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1304 on: August 12, 2022, 03:32:15 AM »

I think in a way they are Fergie's kids after all. Basically they could fade into a privileged private life and live happily ever after, turning up for major events (jubilee, coronations, ....). But I think they like the publicity and they can't do without.

So they use what they use best: topic kids (and you get to see these cryptic "not showing my baby in the pictures I am sharing" - but they seem to be trendy at the moment with a lot of young moms, so maybe they are developping a fan base there. I am friends with a good few young mothers on Insta (most of them are my former students) and there are heaps of baby pictures posted daily, they basically only show the baby, but the babies face is covered with a smilie or something like that - so you get to see two hands or similar things and you wonder: Eh ... what does this picture tell me?

Bea and Eugenie are the only sister + sister pair of her generation (H+W = 2x male, L+J = mixed, Z+P = mixed) so they are looking for some publicity there.

There is a very different approach between Beatrice and Eugenie. Beatrice does NOT post on social media and is only seen when attending the major royal events or when the media find her at a social event such as going out to dinner.

Eugenie posts regularly on social media but not Beatrice. Even Edo has reduced his posts on social media limiting them now to wishing his wife a happy birthday and presumably he will post again on Sienna's birthday.

The girls are very different in seeking publicity as Beatrice does not actively seek it at all. I do realise that many people think she shouldn't even have a life by doing things like going to music festivals or out to dinner where the media will see her and report her attendance, as they do many other celebrities.

Maria - sorry I have no idea how to do multiple quotes in the one post. I have tried but find it is beyond my limited computer skills.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 90   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: