Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Danish Prince Joachim, 51, had to go to hospital in Toulouse, France  (Read 37146 times)
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2020, 01:32:53 PM »

Schools opened this Monday in Denmark so Christian & Co are very likely back in school, as I imagine Felix is too.

Does anyone know when schools open in France? I guess itís a lot more peaceful in Cayx than in Paris. Probably safer too concerning Covid-19 but at some point they will need to go back to Paris..
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2020, 05:24:01 PM »

That is a nice picture of them together and I'm glad Fred reached out to visit for a while. It is a very poignant thing seeing them together like this. One brother returning from the brink of possible death or disability the other brother with a golden future and no spirit for it together in their late father's house and country. Fred in the embrace of a better functioning family without his own. I hope the visit is refreshing and renewing for the both of them especially if Fred or his wife had even indirect participation in shuffling Joachim off to Paris. These two men are still brothers and should have a good relationship. Marge isn't going to be around forever and Fred's movements will likely be restricted to a degree once he is head of state.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2020, 05:28:27 PM »

Schools opened this Monday in Denmark so Christian & Co are very likely back in school, as I imagine Felix is too.

Does anyone know when schools open in France? I guess itís a lot more peaceful in Cayx than in Paris. Probably safer too concerning Covid-19 but at some point they will need to go back to Paris..

AFAIK, school year in France starts on August 31st. So, still a couple of weeks before the kids need to return to school. They can enjoy the peace of Cayx a bit more Smiley

This is the quote from DRF official Facebook page:

H.K.H. The Crown Prince came home yesterday from France, where he visited his brother H.K.H. Prince Joachim in recent days,
H.K.H. Princess Marie and the couple's two children at Ch‚teau de Cayx.

Prince Joachim is still in fast recovery, but still needs peace around him.

Photo: The Royal House ©️

Fred was with his brother and the Shacks for a few days, before returning to Denmark yesterday. Probably visited after doctors gave permission for Joachim to start having external visits, outside his wife and kids.

As someone said, Frodo can be a complete waste of space, but glad he was there for his brother, Marie and the small kids. And was not a "quick PR visit". Being there for a few days shows at least some effort.

And they both look good in the picture.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2020, 05:41:30 PM »

Good that heís there.

Frankly, it would be nice to see Derf support his younger brother once in a while/more often instead of it always being the other way round

Very ture, Harley!  Star

I'm glad he got his lazy heini up, and went to visit Joachim, but it's only a snapshot in time, doesn't mean that their relationship is on the mend. Also, it's good PR, isn't it.

I probably would think differently, if their relationship didn't deteriote as soon as Yrma appeared on the scene.

Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2020, 05:48:29 PM »

I think that the relationship is fine as long as you know who isn't around. I think that Fred likes Marie and he gets alone with her and Joachim.
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2020, 05:50:08 PM »

AFAIK, school year in France starts on August 31st. So, still a couple of weeks before the kids need to return to school. They can enjoy the peace of Cayx a bit more Smiley

H.K.H. The Crown Prince came home yesterday from France, where he visited his brother H.K.H. Prince Joachim in recent days,

Fred was with his brother and the Shacks for a few days, before returning to Denmark yesterday. Probably visited after doctors gave permission for Joachim to start having external visits, outside his wife and kids.

As someone said, Frodo can be a complete waste of space, but glad he was there for his brother, Marie and the small kids. And was not a "quick PR visit". Being there for a few days shows at least some effort.

No doubt he would be. Those filial bonds run deep. Life threatening events have a habit of shutting out the noise and focusing on the heart of matters.  They do look good.

ďThe sheep fear the wolf, only to be eaten by the shepherd." Ė Flash Gordon
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2020, 05:55:51 PM »

Thanks for the photo, Thistle. I'm so glad to see Joachim looking well and I'm glad he has Cayx to recuperate in, it must be nice to be surrounded by lovely childhood memories. I hope it speeds his recovery and that he stays there as long as he needs, Paris may be too much for him for the foreseeable future.

O/T but it never fails to amaze me how much better Fred looks without the ball and chain around. He looks lucid and kind of handsome in that photo.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2020, 06:20:24 PM »

I think that the relationship is fine as long as you know who isn't around. I think that Fred likes Marie and he gets alone with her and Joachim.

Hopefully, it is. They all get along just fine, when you know who isn't around. They were really close at one point

cottesmore girl

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2020, 08:09:20 PM »

I think Frederick looks very well in this photo....if not rather....err...hot! Roll Eyes (and not in the warm sense!)

Joachim however looks (understandably) gaunt and uneasy somehow. Certainly not as relaxed and carefree as in his recent photos with the family. Poor man....hope he recoveres quickly.
casie

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: August 12, 2020, 10:27:28 PM »

No doubt he would be. Those filial bonds run deep. Life threatening events have a habit of shutting out the noise and focusing on the heart of matters.  They do look good.

It is a nice photo of them.  Personally, I can see from the look in Frederik's eyes that he knows how close he came to losing his brother.  Honestly, life is so precious and so short, I'm glad he took a few days to go and spend time with his brother.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: August 13, 2020, 12:01:02 AM »

Poor Jokke - he looks like heís been through it. I hope he takes better care of himself.
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: August 13, 2020, 12:19:45 AM »

Poor Jokke - he looks like heís been through it. I hope he takes better care of himself.

CONGRATS  Banana Star Hug Beer

G Hug

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: August 13, 2020, 12:35:28 AM »

Thanks Geta  Hug
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: August 13, 2020, 03:14:16 AM »

I donít think they look particularly well: Frederik looks pensive and Joachim appears thin and drawn.  To me , Joachim looks stiff and unbalanced, right shoulder is higher than the left, neck muscles tight, left arm at an unnatural angle.  I wonder if there might be lingering weakness or mild paralysis ?  I hope it is all temporary.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: August 13, 2020, 03:26:07 AM »

My mom and I thought that as well.  To us there is some drooping on his left side...most obvious right above his eye.  It will be a few more months until the extent of the permanent effects is known...physical therapy will be an important step.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: