Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Danish Prince Joachim, 51, had to go to hospital in Toulouse, France  (Read 25168 times)
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2020, 11:01:02 AM »

My sister had a burst aneurysm (bleed) in her brain aged 21. She needed an operation - skull cut open and then stapled back together. She survived and is now in her 50's. She had a relapse 15 years later. These incidents are terrifying for family and friends and it is a long road back recovery wise. My sister's long term memory is mostly ok but she won't always remember a phone call from yesterday. Sometimes she does not remember that our mother passed away 10 years ago and "recalls" conversations as though they are recent  
perdie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2020, 11:16:32 AM »

My first thought was Covid - it's been known to cause strokes seemingly out of the blue.  As a result, it's now sadly not as unexpected for doctors - though that's not necessarily such a bad thing.  It sounds like he's had very good care so far and has been quickly treated so hopefully his recovery will be good.

And maybe it might shake Derf up a little and make him grow up?
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2020, 11:18:31 AM »

My sister had a burst aneurysm (bleed) in her brain aged 21. She needed an operation - skull cut open and then stapled back together. She survived and is now in her 50's. She had a relapse 15 years later. These incidents are terrifying for family and friends and it is a long road back recovery wise. My sister's long term memory is mostly ok but she won't always remember a phone call from yesterday. Sometimes she does not remember that our mother passed away 10 years ago and "recalls" conversations as though they are recent 

Hug Princess MS

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2020, 11:24:52 AM »

This is terrifying! How his must family must feel! Wishing Joachim a complete recovery.

– Yoda
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2020, 11:41:15 AM »

Hug Princess MS

Thanks Chandra  Smiley
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2020, 01:06:56 PM »

Palace spokeperson Lene Balleby issued a statement concerning Joachim:

Prince Joachim's situation remains stable. Fortunately, the prince arrived in professional treatment on time and is doing well under the circumstances. How long the prince will be hospitalized, it is too early to say anything about at present

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder...t-efter-omstaendighederne

https://translate.google....t-efter-omstaendighederne

LittleThunder

Gigantic Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2020, 01:26:24 PM »

Nerves Wow. This is really scary.

I wish them the best.

casie

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2020, 01:53:51 PM »

I just saw this.  Prayers for his family, his children especially.
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2020, 02:55:54 PM »

Thought I'd put this here, as a reminder and for those who mightn't have seen this before:

Signs of Stroke in Men and Women
Sudden numbness or weakness in the face, arm, or leg, especially on one side of the body
Sudden confusion, trouble speaking, or difficulty understanding speech
Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance, or lack of coordination
Sudden severe headache with no known cause
Call 9-1-1 (or your local emergency responders) right away if you or someone else has any of these symptoms.

Acting F.A.S.T. Is Key for Stroke
Acting F.A.S.T. can help stroke patients get the treatments they desperately need. The stroke treatments that work best are available only if the stroke is recognized and diagnosed within 3 hours of the first symptoms. Stroke patients may not be eligible for these if they don’t arrive at the hospital in time.

If you think someone may be having a stroke, act F.A.S.T. and do the following simple test:

F—Face: Ask the person to smile. Does one side of the face droop?

A—Arms: Ask the person to raise both arms. Does one arm drift downward?

S—Speech: Ask the person to repeat a simple phrase. Is the speech slurred or strange?

T—Time: If you see any of these signs, call 9-1-1 right away.

Note the time when any symptoms first appear. This information helps health care providers determine the best treatment for each person. Do not drive to the hospital or let someone else drive you. Call an ambulance so that medical personnel can begin life-saving treatment on the way to the emergency room.

My SIL and a friend both had strokes when they were around the same age as Joachim. Both were able to be treated with tPA (a clot busting drug), and were home within a few days. My SIL's memory is not as sharp, but otherwise both made full recoveries.

From what we are being told it sounds like Joachim had a ruptured aneurysm, but that's just my layman's armchair diagnosis.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 04:22:02 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
putti

Large Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2020, 02:57:21 PM »

So awful for everyone involved, hopefully he will make a full recovery
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2020, 03:02:01 PM »

It sounds like it was a big whatever it was. I hope he fully recovers. Especially for the sake of the children. Henrik and Athena are so young Sad
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2020, 03:05:49 PM »

Thought I'd put this here, as a reminder and for those who mightn't have seen this before:

Sudden numbness or weakness in the face, arm, or leg, especially on one side of the body
Call 9-1-1 (or your local emergency responders) right away if you or someone else has any of these symptoms.

Acting F.A.S.T. can help stroke patients get the treatments they desperately need. The stroke treatments that work best are available only if the stroke is recognized and diagnosed within 3 hours of the first symptoms. Stroke patients may not be eligible for these if they don’t arrive at the hospital in time.

If you think someone may be having a stroke, act F.A.S.T. and do the following simple test:

S—Speech: Ask the person to repeat a simple phrase. Is the speech slurred or strange?

Note the time when any symptoms first appear. This information helps health care providers determine the best treatment for each person. Do not drive to the hospital or let someone else drive you. Call an ambulance so that medical personnel can begin life-saving treatment on the way to the emergency room.

My SIL and a friend both had strokes when they were around the same age as Joachim. Both were able to be treated with tPA (a clot busting drug), and were home within a few days. My SIL's memory is not as sharp, but otherwise both made full recoveries.

From what we are being told it sounds like Joachim had a ruptured aneurysm, but that's just my layman's arm chair diagnosis.

Thank you Lady Liebe  Thumb up

My grandfather also had a stroke aged 76 and recovered fully except for walking who became more difficult for him. He died ten years later from another illness. So let's hope for the best in Joachim's case.

Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2020, 03:13:31 PM »

From what we are being told it sounds like Joachim had a ruptured aneurysm, but that's just my layman's arm chair diagnosis.

Star LL

– Yoda
Booklover

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2020, 04:43:49 PM »

Very scary. My thoughts are with him and his family. You never know what tomorrow will bring.
Gemsheal

Small Member

United States United States

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2020, 06:23:16 PM »

Palace spokeperson Lene Balleby issued a statement concerning Joachim:

Prince Joachim's situation remains stable. Fortunately, the prince arrived in professional treatment on time and is doing well under the circumstances. How long the prince will be hospitalized, it is too early to say anything about at present

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder...t-efter-omstaendighederne

https://translate.google....t-efter-omstaendighederne

My brother-in-law had 4 strokes, 3 years ago in May, and although he lost his peripheral vision, and has memory issues, he's walking, talking and looking good.  And living more healthily & happily now as well ... I hope the same for Joachim!  👐

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: