Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Danish Prince Joachim, 51, had to go to hospital in Toulouse, France  (Read 24641 times)
Eve

Large Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2020, 12:08:23 PM »

Its a relief that Joachim's prognosis was so good. Hopefully no paralysis or if some, then he can recover the movement again with therapy and rehab.
Whoever recognized the signs and quickly called help, did a good thing and probably saved him from the worst.
Get well, Joachim!!!
Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2020, 12:31:37 PM »

I wonder how much his current health condition and the obvious need for time, rest, therapy and rehab will influence his appointment at the Danish embassy in Paris.  Thinking
putti

Large Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2020, 02:48:38 PM »

I've checked the newspapers today and there is nothing new to report, hopefully he will be able to leave hospital soon but I am not sure how long these things take.
Paulina

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2020, 03:51:04 PM »

I wonder how much his current health condition and the obvious need for time, rest, therapy and rehab will influence his appointment at the Danish embassy in Paris.  Thinking

Good point, Tatini. The press release was optimistic and positive, but who knows how he’s really doing. Could be a long road to recovery.
periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2020, 05:01:00 PM »

I'm very glad to hear that he is stable and they hope for a full recovery. Yes it may be a long road but he has a supportive family around him thank goodness.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2020, 06:56:26 PM »

BB reports that....

..... Prince Joachim had complained of a headache prior to the incident but in the evening, he became numb and partially paralyzed on one side. They say Princess Marie acted quickly and called an ambulance. He was taken to the hospital in Cahors and then to the hospital in Toulouse. They also say that Joachim talked to his oldest sons after the surgery. Both boys had left prior to the incident. Felix had left with his mother to visit friends elsewhere in France, while Nikolai had left to join his girlfriend Benedikte to go on holiday. Currently, Marie's family is taking care of Henrik and Athena.

Thinking about the whole incident, makes me wonder if the forced move to France, and all the private stress connected to it, caused this.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2020, 08:49:54 PM »

Several other posts from the Luzerch market

Just two kilometers from the city center, is the Château de Cayx, ll the traders in the Luzech market, a village of 1,700 inhabitants, are very concerned about the state of health of Prince Joachim

Jean Michel the butcher, manager of the delicatessen:
- "They are very cute. I've known them for 15 years. It was especially fun when the father, the prince consort, was there, he was always very nice and funny, there was no problem. Super friendly. It's weird because I had them as clients a few days before Joachim had a stroke, but the most important thing is that he's getting better.”

The baker, presented as "The Royal Baker", because here Prince Joachim likes to buy his croissants:
- "I'm glad the prince is doing better now".

Didier Doumerc runs the fruit and vegetable store with his son:
- "I have known the prince since he was so young and I was shocked to learn that he had had a stroke. We bought them socks with gold thread and crowns."

He knows the royal family well. He lives across from Chateau de Cayx, and he also plays rugby for the local team, which is sponsored by the royal family. Like everyone else in town, he closely follows local news and the Prince's health improvement.

LadyBunion

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2020, 09:36:06 PM »

Stroke is the outcome of the clot, similar effects can come from vascular bleeds but clots / plaques are more common. They are generally a sign of far more widespread cardiovascular disease with other clogged up arteries eg heart / limbs - risk factors for this are smoking / family history / smoking  / diabetes / smoking ... um did I mention smoking?

there is also the rarer odd case of have a patent foramen ovale in the heart which can cause clots to travel to the brain (see Ariel Sharon, PM of Israel.. or perhaps don't, it was a nightmare of a story)

A patient who has an embolic stroke will end up on blood thinners, ace inhibitor for BP, statins for cholesterol, and possibly a beta blockers.  

patent foramen ovale in the heart,isn't that the innate opening in the septum of the atria in the heart has never closed?

That's right and probably more common than is realised - emboli can be thrown off DVTs etc and into the right side of the heart and instead of heading for the lungs go to the peripheral circulation ie brain via the PFO. Sometimes they are closed prophylactically though there is a big debate about this. Ariel Sharon had one, he was anticoagulated prior  to the surgery but ended up having brain bleeds +++ and died after several years in coma.
hrhpita

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2020, 01:04:26 AM »

BB reports that....

..... Prince Joachim had complained of a headache prior to the incident but in the evening, he became numb and partially paralyzed on one side. They say Princess Marie acted quickly and called an ambulance. He was taken to the hospital in Cahors and then to the hospital in Toulouse. They also say that Joachim talked to his oldest sons after the surgery. Both boys had left prior to the incident. Felix had left with his mother to visit friends elsewhere in France, while Nikolai had left to join his girlfriend Benedikte to go on holiday. Currently, Marie's family is taking care of Henrik and Athena.[/b]

Thinking about the whole incident, makes me wonder if the forced move to France, and all the private stress connected to it, caused this.

I was kind of hoping Nikolai, Felix and Alexandra were with the little ones.  Why, I don't know..  LOL!

Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2020, 01:54:35 AM »

BB reports that....

..... Prince Joachim had complained of a headache prior to the incident but in the evening, he became numb and partially paralyzed on one side. They say Princess Marie acted quickly and called an ambulance. He was taken to the hospital in Cahors and then to the hospital in Toulouse. They also say that Joachim talked to his oldest sons after the surgery. Both boys had left prior to the incident. Felix had left with his mother to visit friends elsewhere in France, while Nikolai had left to join his girlfriend Benedikte to go on holiday. Currently, Marie's family is taking care of Henrik and Athena.

More likely smoking for 35 years...
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2020, 01:55:59 AM »

BB reports that....

Probably. Was/is he a heavy smoker? 
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2020, 02:46:03 AM »

BB reports that....

underlying cause, or because of it....probably.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2020, 02:57:28 AM »

The royal family in Sweden has sent greetings to Joachim.

-To the media Svensk Damtidning, the royal house's communications manager confirms that Sweden's royal family has been in contact with the Danish royal house to wish Prince Joachim a good recovery.

Lene Balleby, Danish Royal Family's communications manager, issued a press release on Tuesday:

- Prince Joachim and Princess Marie would like to thank you for the support and the many warm greetings they have received in recent days. This means a lot. Her Majesty the Queen also warmly thanks for all the sympathy that has been shown to the royal family.

periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2020, 03:17:49 AM »

So another family in another country sends him greetings and his jerk brother and his jerk wife can't do anything? How hard is it to call your secretary and make sure the man gets flowers and a public announcement of care and love. I'm starting to think that Mary and Fred have a lot to do with Joachim going to France and setting him up for this stressful enterprise that led to this.
Athena

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2020, 07:37:13 AM »

I was dismayed to learn of the Prince's affliction and wish him healing and good health in future.
My kind and respectful thoughts also to Princess Marie and the children.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: