Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Danish Prince Joachim, 51, had to go to hospital in Toulouse, France  (Read 24595 times)
cottesmore girl

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2020, 09:36:13 AM »

So another family in another country sends him greetings and his jerk brother and his jerk wife can't do anything? How hard is it to call your secretary and make sure the man gets flowers and a public announcement of care and love. I'm starting to think that Mary and Fred have a lot to do with Joachim going to France and setting him up for this stressful enterprise that led to this.

To be fair, he could have / would have called his brother privately...no need for a public announcement surely! In fact a public announcement of support would worry me more than what we DON'T see... one brother calling another (or his wife) on their mobile phone. Another family would probably have to send a public announcement as they wouldn't have access to private numbers.
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2020, 10:08:21 AM »

BB reports that....

..... Prince Joachim had complained of a headache prior to the incident but in the evening, he became numb and partially paralyzed on one side. They say Princess Marie acted quickly and called an ambulance. He was taken to the hospital in Cahors and then to the hospital in Toulouse. They also say that Joachim talked to his oldest sons after the surgery. Both boys had left prior to the incident. Felix had left with his mother to visit friends elsewhere in France, while Nikolai had left to join his girlfriend Benedikte to go on holiday. Currently, Marie's family is taking care of Henrik and Athena.

Thinking about the whole incident, makes me wonder if the forced move to France, and all the private stress connected to it, caused this.

More likely smoking for 35 years...

Probably. Was/is he a heavy smoker? 

He used to smoke but he quit on his 50th birthday.

And I think it’s fair to say that his life has been pretty stressful in the past couple of years.

Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2020, 10:14:16 PM »

I don’t know if it has affected anything but I just read that Joachim stopped smoking on his 50th birthday.

There're studys about how long it takes for a smoker, who stopped until the body regains and the person's body is like that of a non-smoker again.

It depends on how much the person smoked and for how long of course, but nevertheless it takes years. So I don't think that it had any effect here.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2020, 10:17:30 PM »

So another family in another country sends him greetings and his jerk brother and his jerk wife can't do anything? How hard is it to call your secretary and make sure the man gets flowers and a public announcement of care and love. I'm starting to think that Mary and Fred have a lot to do with Joachim going to France and setting him up for this stressful enterprise that led to this.

To be fair, he could have / would have called his brother privately...no need for a public announcement surely! In fact a public announcement of support would worry me more than what we DON'T see... one brother calling another (or his wife) on their mobile phone. Another family would probably have to send a public announcement as they wouldn't have access to private numbers.

Well, I hope they called him privately. Otherwise it would really be strange.

Than again I don't think that Fred and Joachim are very close.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2020, 05:50:21 PM »

Joachim was discharged from the hospital yesterday evening. He will now continue recovering at Cayx Smiley

http://kongehuset.dk/en/n...charged-from-the-hospital

HRH Prince Joachim discharged from the hospital

On Monday evening, 3 August 2020, His Royal Highness Prince Joachim was discharged from the University Hospital in Toulouse, France, where Prince Joachim underwent an operation for a blood clot in the brain a week earlier.

It is now the assessment of the doctors that the Prince’s health has improved to such an extent that His Royal Highness can be discharged, and Prince Joachim is now residing at Château de Cayx. It is still the family’s wish that the Prince obtains the necessary peace and quiet to recover fully.

Prince Joachim and Princess Marie would like to take this opportunity to thank the hospital personnel involved for a professional course of treatment.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: August 04, 2020, 05:52:28 PM »

Great news! Thank you for the info, Thistle  Star

Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2020, 05:54:43 PM »

I was about to ask if someone had an update when I saw the update on their offical page.

Great news ideed! Hope him all the peace and quiet for a full recovery!

Lord Gˇn

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2020, 06:00:18 PM »

https://www.hellomagazine...mark-discharged-hospital/
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2020, 07:30:57 PM »

Good to hear that he's better.
Queen’s Tea

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: August 12, 2020, 11:39:49 AM »

Well, I hope they called him privately. Otherwise it would really be strange.

Than again I don't think that Fred and Joachim are very close.

I just saw a picture on Insta of Fred visiting his bro.  So apparently they are more in touch than previously thought.  Hopefully this link works: 

https://www.instagram.com...e6_/?igshid=1cskgnhlui6rc
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: August 12, 2020, 11:50:51 AM »

I am glad that Fred is there to support Joachim and his family during this difficult days.

Frankly, I thing they drifted apart for a while, will all the bs happening in the press. And the real problem was with Mosh and her PR team, not directly with Fred imo.

Who knows? Maybe this brought the brothers closer again.

Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: August 12, 2020, 12:13:29 PM »

Good that he’s there.

Frankly, it would be nice to see Derf support his younger brother once in a while/more often instead of it always being the other way round

Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: August 12, 2020, 12:29:03 PM »

Side note: Fred’s plate looks to be from Henrik’s time in SE Asia.

I suspect Joachim invited just Fred to visit.
Queen’s Tea

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: August 12, 2020, 12:44:37 PM »

I think it goes to show that we really have no idea of the true state of relations between anyone.  It’s all just guesswork.  There’s no reason to think they don’t speak or get along.  Obviously they do or Fred wouldn’t be sitting there. 

I’m guessing he didn’t bring Mary or the four kids along because his brother needs peace and quiet.  There’s no way that would happen with an additional four energetic kids running around.  Now isn’t the time for socializing with extended family or friends.  He’s got a long recovery.  I was just through something similar with a family member. 
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: August 12, 2020, 01:22:18 PM »

Good that he’s there.

Frankly, it would be nice to see Derf support his younger brother once in a while/more often instead of it always being the other way round

No one knows the reality of family support and IMO it is inappropriate to just bag out Fred .... he might be a waste of space but in Covid times travelling is not easy .... or not recommended....
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: