Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dinner Tonight  (Read 2435 times)
karma chamelion

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« on: July 27, 2020, 04:34:23 AM »

I just have to brag, I made the best minestrone of my life tonight with heirloom tomatoes, beans and peas from my little patio garden. Fresh herbs from the garden included oregano, thyme, basil and chives. Beef broth, onions and bow tie pasta from the pantry. Served with garlic Texas toast, it was sooooo good!

If anyone else wants to share I think it might be fun to hear the different things we have for dinner.
Curtains

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 04:39:48 AM »

I just can’t top that!  It sounds remarkable.....delicious and delightful.

I made shrimp creole over rice.  Can’t hold a candle to that fresh lovely minestrone....

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 04:55:47 AM »

Oooh, that sounds good, too. I could live off of rice, seafood and veges quite happily!
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 05:07:32 AM »

We had lemon-garlic pork tenderloin, herb roasted potatoes, and broccoli.  Before you get too excited...the pork came pre-marinated and the potatoes were an impulse buy from the freezer section. 

Homemade soup sounds so good...and garden grown even better.  I had to smile at the shrimp creole as shrimp and grits are on our menu for Tuesday...not the same but I do use a little bit of Cajun seasoning on my shrimp.
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 08:40:28 AM »

I just have to brag, I made the best minestrone of my life tonight with heirloom tomatoes, beans and peas from my little patio garden. Fresh herbs from the garden included oregano, thyme, basil and chives. Beef broth, onions and bow tie pasta from the pantry. Served with garlic Texas toast, it was sooooo good!

If anyone else wants to share I think it might be fun to hear the different things we have for dinner.

right...KC we've been banging on the door to come in for this scrummy dinner...please let us in 

I've got Lamingtons and ice-cream. home made, of course 

G Hug

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Ghost

Small Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2020, 09:20:32 AM »

Not bragging, just to tell a funny story.

My youngest loves a soup I make with a certain red leaf, the translation I found is pig weed or red orach. The season for this plant is spring and spring only, so starting May I can’t find it anylonger.

Every week I ask “what soup do you want me to make?” The answer, invariably, is “pig weed.” “It’s season has passed.” “Then....” dumplings, chicken, vegetable cream, tomato, everything was asked only AFTER the pig weed. It’s become a game by now.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2020, 09:58:10 AM »

Terribly lazy - pizza.

I think tonight I will roast a chicken. We'll see! We have a new oven and I can't quite figure it out. I thought I was technologically advanced but this oven beats me.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2020, 06:25:07 PM »

I made a vegan mushroom Marsala served with rice and red lentils.
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2020, 07:09:43 PM »

I made a meatloaf last week, and when we'd eaten half of it, I turned the rest into a base for spaghetti bolognese sauce. I am growing all kinds of tomatoes in pots, and planted "living" chives and butter lettuce (from the grocery store, having no luck with seeds). I love going out and clipping chives and cutting tomatoes. My cucumber plant has given me two cucumbers so far, and the zucchini is looking good. All are in 5 gallon pots.

Am struggling with my night blooming jasmine that is not blooming, and my gardenia that seems to only give one flower at a time.
Gagarin

Baby Member

Russian Federation Russian Federation

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2020, 07:15:32 PM »

We had lemon-garlic pork tenderloin, herb roasted potatoes, and broccoli.  Before you get too excited...the pork came pre-marinated and the potatoes were an impulse buy from the freezer section. 

Homemade soup sounds so good...and garden grown even better.  I had to smile at the shrimp creole as shrimp and grits are on our menu for Tuesday...not the same but I do use a little bit of Cajun seasoning on my shrimp.
This had me  Drool Drool

Pizza for myself and little salad to trick my brain Im being healthy 
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2020, 07:42:11 PM »

Terribly lazy - pizza.

I think tonight I will roast a chicken. We'll see! We have a new oven and I can't quite figure it out. I thought I was technologically advanced but this oven beats me.

What kind is it Ellie - you've got my curiosity up.

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2020, 09:29:56 PM »

I had a restaurant quality meal prepared last night by my dear friend's husband. My Goddaughter had her First Communion yesterday at a socially distanced, masked outdoor Mass in Orange County, CA.  After the Mass, the six of us returned to their home for dinner. Goddaughter had requested penne with Alfredo so her father created a masterpiece with chicken, peas, penne and a delectable Alfredo sauce. Added to that a colorful and tasty salad and I couldn't have been happier.  Champagne
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2020, 10:28:18 PM »

I made a vegan mushroom Marsala served with rice and red lentils.

That sounds marvelous! And a complete protein, too - very important when you are eating vegan.

TLLK, what a great day! And to top it off with the perfect meal, magnifique!
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2020, 10:30:21 PM »

A chicken soup and a green and beans salad.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2020, 11:22:46 PM »

I'm going to make a simple spaghetti with EVOO, garlic, shallots, heirloom tomatoes, and basil. Everything from the garden other than the olive oil (and cheese)!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: