Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dinner Tonight  (Read 2425 times)
Ktc

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2020, 11:29:30 PM »

Fajitas!
Mariola

Micro Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2020, 02:11:50 AM »

So because I have had 10 days now of rushed 'snacks' and sandwiches today was special - poached salmon + brown rice + sugar snap peas + cauliflower. Simple and maybe boring but I liked it a lot.
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2020, 02:23:15 AM »

My daughter is staying with me and she is mostly vegan but eats fish from time to time for a treat (sushi, etc). So tonight I'm making crab fried rice with fresh basil for her as a surprise.
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2020, 03:10:26 AM »

Skirt steak  and portobello mushrooms  on the grill  with heirloom tomato salad  from the garden. I use a marinade of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and dijon mustard on both the steak and mushrooms. The steak gets it over night and the mushrooms get it 1 hour. Then pat very dry of the marinade   and grill for 2-3 minutes on each side. I also made some roasted new potatoes from the garden with...what a surprise.... olive oil garlic and rosemary. The elephant garlic will be ready to harvest in September
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2020, 03:26:24 AM »

Citrus chicken bowl - chicken marinated in lime and mandarin juice and a spice mix with smoked paprika and ancho chili. Served over turmeric rice and a bed of poblano peppers and red onions grilled in olive oil. Topped with pickled red onion and cilantro.
Pomme

Gigantic Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2020, 07:57:05 AM »

Not bragging, just to tell a funny story.

My youngest loves a soup I make with a certain red leaf, the translation I found is pig weed or red orach. The season for this plant is spring and spring only, so starting May I can’t find it anylonger.

Every week I ask “what soup do you want me to make?” The answer, invariably, is “pig weed.” “It’s season has passed.” “Then....” dumplings, chicken, vegetable cream, tomato, everything was asked only AFTER the pig weed. It’s become a game by now.

Red orach! I have it in my (small) veggie garden! It's a very easy 'green' for salads, and pretty too.
I collect the seeds, so I don't have to buy them anymore. It has a long season here, being a weed.
Its non red cousin is a very common weed here and you can find it on the side of the road and building sites. I occasionally gather it for salads as well. Atriplex is the latin name of them.

OT, I'm sitting outside on a lovely stone bench next to the back door of a holiday home and I can literally hear a wood bug chewing on his breakfast. Best inform the owner asap.

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2020, 08:35:11 AM »

Terribly lazy - pizza.

I think tonight I will roast a chicken. We'll see! We have a new oven and I can't quite figure it out. I thought I was technologically advanced but this oven beats me.

What kind is it Ellie - you've got my curiosity up.

It's a double wall oven! I love to bake so I'm excited, but it will only get heaps of use during the holidays I suppose. I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to turn the thing off. The manual was vague and confusing. I figured it out, though!

I baked my first batch of cookies in there. I think I had too much butter; they spread A LOT but Mr Ellie and Mini loved them so gold star!

Tonight we had roasted chicken and veg, potatoes, broccoli, carrots and asparagus

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2020, 09:40:24 AM »

I originally planned to prepare white cabbage with curry sauce, rice and marinated ham steaks. But due to circumstances busy with other things. After a late and pleasant visit to an acquaintance on the other side of the city, I cycled home with a fairly empty feeling in my stomach. Secretly fetched some fried food (typically Dutch fried food: bamischijf & bitterballen) on the way, sinful, but my belly needed some filling.  Blush Blush
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2020, 03:25:25 AM »

Stuffed cabbage soup reminds me of the cabbage rolls that Grandmother and Mother make.
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2020, 03:43:33 AM »

One of the first things I made for my daughter when she started staying here again was cabbage patch soup (by request). Since she's vegetarian I substituted meatless crumbles for the hamburger and vege stock for the beef bouillon. Also per request I included some fingerling potatoes (not from my garden, next year!). It turned out really well and we didn't miss the meat at all.

https://www.food.com/reci.../cabbage-patch-soup-71708

emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2020, 03:46:09 AM »

Terribly lazy - pizza.

I think tonight I will roast a chicken. We'll see! We have a new oven and I can't quite figure it out. I thought I was technologically advanced but this oven beats me.

Take care Ellie, we all know what can happen when you casually “roast a chicken”  Laughing
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2020, 04:18:57 AM »

Chipotle tacos. I'm too lazy to make anything tonight. I'm just going to watch The Office and probably What's Up Doc and call it a night.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2020, 12:00:46 PM »

Made some red curry with vegetables and shrimp combined with noodles yesterday evening (me, with some help of already availabe spice pasta bought in the local super market). I made that much that I could eat for 2 days at least.

I left the parental home about 19 years of age. But during my college years and afterwards, I often visited my parents. At that time especially, but now my mother still likes to surprise me sometimes with something I like (and once said). For example, carrots stew (stamppot wortelen) with hash. In particular then the hash. There are also dishes that I like, but that I don't know how to prepare properly and / or are just too much of a hassle and work for me (as a fulltime working single white female  Wink Grin). A few years ago my parents made quite a lot of stew of kale (stamppot boerenkool). They put some of it in small containers especially for me, suitable for a 1 or 2 person meal. Sometimes in combination with home made gravy,  smoked sausage, home-made meatballs, etc. I could put the filled containers in the freezer at my place, and then simply defrost it when I felt like it

During my student days I once asked my mother  for the recipe of her Russian salad (which she got from an aunt & adapted herself) for a party. I already had the feeling that  something was missing in her list (that often I made it together with her at home as a child), but only days later she confessed not to have passed all the ingredients to me. According to her, these were ingredients that went into the Russian salad in small quantities and were only available in a package that was too large for me. I would most likely not use it at all. In that case it would be a shame if so many of them were left standing in my cupboards.

Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2020, 04:01:56 PM »

Stuffed cabbage soup reminds me of the cabbage rolls that Grandmother and Mother make.
Mine did too. That side of the family is Croatian.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2020, 11:13:05 PM »

Hamburgers and fries. I know I know... you can take the girl out of the States, but not the States out of the girl...
At least we make everything from scratch.
My little one has developed a craving for turnip cabbage! and other raw veggies like carrots, fennel, etc with dip. Who know it would eventually be so easy to get veggies into them?
Medium Miss Fairy is in her expected "teenage girl turns vegetarian with a penchant for peperoni pizza" stage: we get lot's of sweet potatoes, lentils and such and occassionally hubby simply needs a bit of red meat to feel manly.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: