Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dinner Tonight  (Read 1032 times)
Ktc

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2020, 11:29:30 PM »

Fajitas!
Mariola

Micro Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2020, 02:11:50 AM »

So because I have had 10 days now of rushed 'snacks' and sandwiches today was special - poached salmon + brown rice + sugar snap peas + cauliflower. Simple and maybe boring but I liked it a lot.
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Salvia microphylla 'Hot Lips'

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2020, 02:23:15 AM »

My daughter is staying with me and she is mostly vegan but eats fish from time to time for a treat (sushi, etc). So tonight I'm making crab fried rice with fresh basil for her as a surprise.
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2020, 03:10:26 AM »

Skirt steak  and portobello mushrooms  on the grill  with heirloom tomato salad  from the garden. I use a marinade of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and dijon mustard on both the steak and mushrooms. The steak gets it over night and the mushrooms get it 1 hour. Then pat very dry of the marinade   and grill for 2-3 minutes on each side. I also made some roasted new potatoes from the garden with...what a surprise.... olive oil garlic and rosemary. The elephant garlic will be ready to harvest in September
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2020, 03:26:24 AM »

Citrus chicken bowl - chicken marinated in lime and mandarin juice and a spice mix with smoked paprika and ancho chili. Served over turmeric rice and a bed of poblano peppers and red onions grilled in olive oil. Topped with pickled red onion and cilantro.
Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2020, 07:57:05 AM »

Not bragging, just to tell a funny story.

My youngest loves a soup I make with a certain red leaf, the translation I found is pig weed or red orach. The season for this plant is spring and spring only, so starting May I can’t find it anylonger.

Every week I ask “what soup do you want me to make?” The answer, invariably, is “pig weed.” “It’s season has passed.” “Then....” dumplings, chicken, vegetable cream, tomato, everything was asked only AFTER the pig weed. It’s become a game by now.

Red orach! I have it in my (small) veggie garden! It's a very easy 'green' for salads, and pretty too.
I collect the seeds, so I don't have to buy them anymore. It has a long season here, being a weed.
Its non red cousin is a very common weed here and you can find it on the side of the road and building sites. I occasionally gather it for salads as well. Atriplex is the latin name of them.

OT, I'm sitting outside on a lovely stone bench next to the back door of a holiday home and I can literally hear a wood bug chewing on his breakfast. Best inform the owner asap.

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2020, 08:35:11 AM »

Terribly lazy - pizza.

I think tonight I will roast a chicken. We'll see! We have a new oven and I can't quite figure it out. I thought I was technologically advanced but this oven beats me.

What kind is it Ellie - you've got my curiosity up.

It's a double wall oven! I love to bake so I'm excited, but it will only get heaps of use during the holidays I suppose. I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to turn the thing off. The manual was vague and confusing. I figured it out, though!

I baked my first batch of cookies in there. I think I had too much butter; they spread A LOT but Mr Ellie and Mini loved them so gold star!

Tonight we had roasted chicken and veg, potatoes, broccoli, carrots and asparagus

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2020, 09:40:24 AM »

I originally planned to prepare white cabbage with curry sauce, rice and marinated ham steaks. But due to circumstances busy with other things. After a late and pleasant visit to an acquaintance on the other side of the city, I cycled home with a fairly empty feeling in my stomach. Secretly fetched some fried food (typically Dutch fried food: bamischijf & bitterballen) on the way, sinful, but my belly needed some filling.  Blush Blush
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: