Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dinner Tonight  (Read 3464 times)
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2020, 12:39:35 AM »

Just got a call from my daughter that she wants to come over and have dinner so I'm baking tilapia in olive oil and herbs and putting together a Greek salad with orzo, cucumber, green onion and some of my "Midnight Snack" cherry tomatoes which are a lovely purplish red and super sweet.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2020, 09:33:06 AM »

Just got a call from my daughter that she wants to come over and have dinner so I'm baking tilapia in olive oil and herbs and putting together a Greek salad with orzo, cucumber, green onion and some of my "Midnight Snack" cherry tomatoes which are a lovely purplish red and super sweet.

That sounds delicious!
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2020, 11:46:20 AM »

I misread ouzo and thought: well good idea, karma, f6ck the healthy stuff and go straight to the booze...LOL..

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2020, 08:30:43 PM »

I misread ouzo and thought: well good idea, karma, f6ck the healthy stuff and go straight to the booze...LOL..

Oh, I like the anise flavor of ouzo (in small doses)! A little ouzo in the sauce, a little in the chef....Which reminds me I need to plant fennel next year, the pasta salad would have benefited from the crunch and flavor. Plus in the fall I love fennel gratin. The herbs we had from the garden were lemon thyme, basil and oregano. Cukes and tomatoes from the garden as well. Light and easy.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2020, 10:51:56 AM »

And fennel is the best for upset stomachs, and colds. I abhor camomille, but I can do fennel tea. It is absolutely the ebst when you have cramps, just the tummy ache or whatever ailments down there.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Mariola

Mini Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2020, 08:02:43 PM »

And fennel is the best for upset stomachs, and colds. I abhor camomille, but I can do fennel tea. It is absolutely the ebst when you have cramps, just the tummy ache or whatever ailments down there.

It is also very good for sore eyes.
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2020, 01:43:55 AM »

Lol! Sounds delicious. What a good mom you are! Both of yous.

We need some cats to take control of the lesbaru and take us on a 24-hour day and night drinking binge. I just can't with anything anymore. And now Jackie Kennedy's White House rose garden looks like any ordinary office+path+boring landscaping.  Real mad Real mad
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2020, 01:54:46 AM »

Lol! Sounds delicious. What a good mom you are! Both of yous.

We need some cats to take control of the lesbaru and take us on a 24-hour day and night drinking binge. I just can't with anything anymore. And now Jackie Kennedy's White House rose garden looks like any ordinary office+path+boring landscaping.  Real mad Real mad

Yikes Ranting There's a warm spot waiting for this person and her reptilian husband.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2020, 03:38:41 AM »

Potato soup plus roast turkey and mashed potatoes
thecrownjewelthief

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2020, 02:29:26 PM »

Potato soup plus roast turkey and mashed potatoes

That sounds lovely! It's really feeling like fall where I am finally and I love having a cozy dinner.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2020, 12:14:38 AM »

Earlier this week I made Beef and Guinness Stew (https://www.recipetineats...h-beef-and-guinness-stew/) which was amazing.  I served it over mashed potatoes (https://tasty.co/recipe/creamiest-mashed-potatoes).

Recipe adjustments...

1. I added 8oz of sliced button mushroom when I was sautéing the onions to a fairly dry pan as I wanted both to give off their water without taking on extra oil.
2. I rendered the bacon in a separate pan as I was using thick cut and that never renders properly when added to stew raw.  As the pan is still hot the bacon and grease pour right in to the stew pot no problem.
3. I waited to add the garlic until after all the vegetable had sautéed...stirred for 30-60 seconds and then added the flour.  Burnt garlic is the worst.

4. For the potatoes I always use 5lbs (that's the bag size at my grocery store) but I don't need to adjust the butter or cream to get a nice texture.
5. I let the cream, garlic, rosemary mix steep while the potatoes are boiling in heats on medium heat fairly quickly and once it starts to bubble I turn off the heat and leave it alone until I need it.
6. Also for the potatoes I use a ricer.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 01:45:27 AM by Oh_Caroline » Logged
thecrownjewelthief

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2020, 01:40:50 AM »

Earlier this week I made Beef and Guinness Stew (https://www.recipetineats...h-beef-and-guinness-stew/) which was amazing.  I served it over mashed potatoes (https://tasty.co/recipe/creamiest-mashed-potatoes).

Recipe adjustments...

1. I added 8oz of sliced button mushroom when I was sautéing the mushrooms to a fairly dry pan as I wanted both to give off their water without taking on extra oil.
2. I rendered the bacon in a separate pan as I was using thick cut and that never renders properly when added to stew raw.  As the pan is still hot the bacon and grease pour right in to the stew pot no problem.
3. I waited to add the garlic until after all the vegetable had sautéed...stirred for 30-60 seconds and then added the flour.  Burnt garlic is the worst.

4. For the potatoes I always use 5lbs (that's the bag size at my grocery store) but I don't need to adjust the butter or cream to get a nice texture.
5. I let the cream, garlic, rosemary mix steep while the potatoes are boiling in heats on medium heat fairly quickly and once it starts to bubble I turn off the heat and leave it alone until I need it.

Oh this sounds delicious - thanks for including your tips!
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2020, 01:47:03 AM »

Recipe adjustments...

1. I added 8oz of sliced button mushroom when I was sautéing the onions to a fairly dry pan as I wanted both to give off their water without taking on extra oil.

Oh this sounds delicious - thanks for including your tips!

No problem.  I fixed a minor error in tip number 1.  I almost always tweak a recipe so I like to share the adjustments.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2020, 03:47:22 AM »

Ohh Guinness beef stew is my favorite. I need to make some soon! I think I have stew meat in the freezer. Dinner tomorrow!

I am alone and have been for a few days - Mr. Ellie and Mini went on a trip to see family and such - so I'm lazy and have been ordering out. Chinese tonight! Beef and broccoli. What is everyone's favorite Chinese dish?

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
thecrownjewelthief

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2020, 01:16:24 AM »

Ohh Guinness beef stew is my favorite. I need to make some soon! I think I have stew meat in the freezer. Dinner tomorrow!

I am alone and have been for a few days - Mr. Ellie and Mini went on a trip to see family and such - so I'm lazy and have been ordering out. Chinese tonight! Beef and broccoli. What is everyone's favorite Chinese dish?

I just moved so I've been eating out a ton - it's much easier than stocking up the pantry (but way too pricey to keep doing). But I should probably check out the closest Chinese takeout place for "research". I love sesame chicken and orange chicken, lo mein, fried rice. I don't each Chinese often and now I'm wondering why...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: