Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Sverre Magnus confirmation september 5th 2020  (Read 7400 times)
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2020, 11:39:51 PM »

Queen’s Tea

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2020, 11:54:41 PM »

I’ve always felt bad for Marius and these photos do nothing to alleviate that feeling.  I don’t know whether that line up was by design or if it’s just a body language thing, but it sure is telling.  Poor guy.  And shame on the RF for fostering this for so long.  I am NOT impressed. 

The only other thing that jumped out at me is how much I hate it when Ingrid lets her hair hang in her face.  She needs to start wearing it properly and befitting her station in life.  She’s old enough to stop looking like a hippie in a bunad.  For heavens sake, if you’re going to be photographed, pull your hair back.  Sorry, I know I sound cranky but this is a real pet peeve of mine. 

Otherwise the photos were lovely.  Very colorful and mostly professional. 
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2020, 12:08:11 AM »

The King looks unwell, is he?

MM - almost seems like she is a plus one to a family affair, interjecting herself.

Martha Louise on crutches?

National costume brilliant, the jewel tones on I-A are stunning.

All three of MM’s children look so different from each other.  I-A looks like her dad, Sverre Magnus like MM, and Marius bears a resemblance to Joffrey Baratheon.

Laugh bounce  Star

They do look very different, don’t they?  I think IA is a gorgeous young woman and she looks great in that costume.
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2020, 01:08:22 AM »

The NRF seems such a loving family.
It was SM's big day and he was so mature.
IA is simply beautiful.
Harald looked very frail.
MM seems a proud and loving mamma

About Marius: it must be difficult with Marius' status as a private citizen to determine the exposure he receives as a relative of the NRF and son of the Crown Princess. No doubt he is a loved member of this family (IIRC, Sonja doted on him and the photographic archives abound with examples of his inclusion in family events as a child, teen and as a younger man).
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 01:20:14 AM by Chandrasekhi » Logged

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2020, 01:35:05 AM »

I think IA’s hair in her face is typical of the age. My 14 yr old, who has no station in life, wears hers the same way. Won’t  even tie it back for bike rides.

They may be picking their battles. But with her station in life, I agree, she should mind her hair more.
Tsarina

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2020, 01:39:29 AM »

I think IA looks beautiful. Hair in the face is very typical at any age (and with all the princesses now) and doesn’t look bad at all. It’s certainly not unkempt or oily. I personally never wear my hair up, I have a scar on the side of my face that would look very obvious and unseemly if I did.

SM did great and looks very mature.
Charlie

Baby Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2020, 06:09:00 AM »

Did anyone notice the picture in the church of Marius's girlfriend in the blue bunad walking in front of the Queen?
Are they relaxed over there or is that a No-No? Thinking
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2020, 06:24:04 AM »

People were moving around, either from their seats or toward their seats, we don't know if she was walking a bit in front of Sonja, or if Sonja poppen up behind her. It's a private/family event, I don't think it's a big deal. She lives with Marius for a while now, and she would be aware of protocol, whe encountering the senior royals, I think.

Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2020, 06:56:12 AM »

IA is really beautiful.
Charlie

Baby Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2020, 08:45:47 AM »

I was just noticing the side-eye The Queen was giving her Roll Eyes
Athena

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2020, 09:01:31 AM »

Matte Marit crying is adorable. Probably every mom can relate.

Absolutely! She must have been so proud; such a touching moment.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2020, 10:13:28 AM »

I personally wish that they would get SM a pair of different glasses :-). Other he looks like a normal teenager - confirmation age is an akward age for a family celebration as they are usually busy with themselves.

IA looks absolutely stunning.
Marius looks a bit akward in the pictures, he surely keeps distance.

I always think it is a pity that men wear normal suits while women wear these beautiful costumes (also the case in Sweden).
ikshu

Baby Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2020, 10:52:55 AM »

Oh I love those latest photos of whole family; funny and not so common  They all look amazing! Grattis, SM  Jumping
Tomorrow’s Crowned Heads

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2020, 11:52:26 AM »

My eyes fell on King Harald and I was chocked! He did not look well; so very skinny and fragile  Confused I'm very concerned about him.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2020, 12:04:44 PM »

I simply adore the bunads. Each and every one a true masterpiece of a rich historical tradition.
That being said, I think my favorurite is Leah's. IA's chest piece sits rather low and therefore makes the chest look not quite so perfect. It is avery minor thing, just something that I prefer on the other bunads.
I think SM is fine, his glasses look rather strange, but I presume, that this is his preference as is the rather 80's hairstyle, not my thing, but having 3 youngsters myself, I know that what I consider chic or good looking does not always par with what they do. And I am pretty sure, that SM could change his appearance in a NYsecond, if he wanted, so it is what he feels good in.
I found MM's crying rather annoying, but I found my own sobbing just as annoying, so I will let it pass. Angel

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: