Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Sverre Magnus confirmation september 5th 2020  (Read 7422 times)
thecrownjewelthief

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2020, 03:34:54 PM »

Matte Marit crying is adorable. Probably every mom can relate.

Absolutely! She must have been so proud; such a touching moment.

She looks so proud of him. It's a very sweet, real moment to capture.
LadyBunion

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2020, 04:38:38 PM »

Iíve always felt bad for Marius and these photos do nothing to alleviate that feeling.  I donít know whether that line up was by design or if itís just a body language thing, but it sure is telling.  Poor guy.  And shame on the RF for fostering this for so long.  I am NOT impressed.  

there were some lovely pictures at the time of Marius's confirmation - H&MM and Marius's dad there - Sonja and Harald being very supportive and lovely (I think they looked after IA at the time who seemed a little put out at big bro getting all the attention)

https://www.hellomagazine...it-marius-confirmation/7/

Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2020, 05:02:24 PM »

Iíve always felt bad for Marius and these photos do nothing to alleviate that feeling.  I donít know whether that line up was by design or if itís just a body language thing, but it sure is telling.  Poor guy.  And shame on the RF for fostering this for so long.  I am NOT impressed. 

there were some lovely pictures at the time of Marius's confirmation - H&MM and Marius's dad there - Sonja and Harald being very supportive and lovely (I think they looked after IA at the time who seemed a little put out at big bro getting all the attention)

https://www.hellomagazine...it-marius-confirmation/7/

In articles on the NRF, K.Harald and Q.Sonja are described as having six grandchildren with explanation in the articles of the parentage of their grandchildren.

ďDo or do not. There is no try.Ē

Ė Yoda
Queenís Tea

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2020, 05:07:05 PM »

Ok, but itís still difficult to see the body language in other photos.   And not just this set.  Iím talking over the years.  But whatever.  If all is good, thatís great.  I just get a different vibe. 
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2020, 05:10:30 PM »

Maybe I'm over-thinking this, but with her pulmonary fibrosis diagnosis, maybe she's thinking ahead to other major life events that perhaps she won't be around to see?

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2020, 07:55:39 PM »

Maybe I'm over-thinking this, but with her pulmonary fibrosis diagnosis, maybe she's thinking ahead to other major life events that perhaps she won't be around to see?

MM is always crying: weddings, funerals, christenings, confirmations, concerts, parties etc.. It's almost unusual to not see her shed a tear. She's a very emotional person.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2020, 10:11:11 PM »

The Norwegians are a very close knit family. That's good to see.

All the best for Sverre. His sister is already a real lady and looks perfect in her national dress. I think SM is sometimes very shy and comes across as a big awkward, but it can't be easy for him. He's probably of his role in the future.
TheMorWearsPrada

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2020, 08:30:07 AM »

I'm giving the benefit of the doubt with Marius. Sonja, Harald and Haakon have always seem very inclusive of him, and he might have been a bit uncomfortable appearing in "official" photos likes this given that he seems to prefer living as a private citizen who happens to be the future Queen's daughter/brother, and they might not have wanted to "push it" by pulling him into the photos, especially given that he is a 23 year old adult man who can decide where to stand, and not an uncooperative child. I don't envy Marius as all, he is in a very difficult and awkward position. He shows up for the big events in his siblings' lives, that's what matters.

Echoing all the comments that Ingrid is beautiful. I'm not bothered by her hair - I'm not in Norway, but pretty much every teenage girl with hair like Ingrids where I live either wears her hair wild and flowy or in a very messy bun/ponytail with a scrunchie in it. And I personally will never wear my hair pulled up if it is a photo event - I look fine in person with my hair pulled up, but my face photographs terribly when it is. And like others have said, with kids and teens, sometimes you have to pick your battles.

And of course, congratulations to Marius. I'm glad he got to have his day despite the pandemic.  

Kayzilla

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2020, 10:51:06 AM »

Maybe the familyís strategy is for Marius to stand to the side so itís easier for the press to crop him out when these pictures are reprinted ad nauseum. Sure, it looks strange to us, but they might be doing it this way on purpose to further protect the privacy of their son who will not be appearing on behalf of the Crown. I have no doubt he is fully embraced by the whole family and appears in all their private home photos.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2020, 10:56:53 AM »

I personally wish that they would get SM a pair of different glasses :-). Other he looks like a normal teenager - confirmation age is an akward age for a family celebration as they are usually busy with themselves.

IA looks absolutely stunning.
Marius looks a bit akward in the pictures, he surely keeps distance.

I always think it is a pity that men wear normal suits while women wear these beautiful costumes (also the case in Sweden).

I feel the same about those glasses, ever since I have seen him wearing them.
RandyDrx

Mini Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2020, 11:55:30 AM »

Any particular reason why the men wore modern suits while the women wore traditional costumes?
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2020, 05:17:04 PM »

I personally wish that they would get SM a pair of different glasses :-). Other he looks like a normal teenager - confirmation age is an akward age for a family celebration as they are usually busy with themselves.

IA looks absolutely stunning.
Marius looks a bit akward in the pictures, he surely keeps distance.

I always think it is a pity that men wear normal suits while women wear these beautiful costumes (also the case in Sweden).

I feel the same about those glasses, ever since I have seen him wearing them.

Those are grandpa glasses as far as my opinion is!  Give SM something more age-appropriate.

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
lynaH

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2020, 06:32:09 PM »

Any particular reason why the men wore modern suits while the women wore traditional costumes?
They always do that, in almost every country. Probably because most men feel unmasculine wearing anything even slightly out of the ordinary, while women usually adore wearing beautiful dresses,the more unique the better.
So men wear suits while women wear bunads.
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2020, 06:24:22 AM »

With respect to weepy Mette-Merit, this was her baby, the last of her three kids, to go through what is such a significant milestone in Norwegian life. I'm the mom of five and when the last one went through various milestones, I always had a ``this is the last time'' vibe and may have puddled up once or twice. Also Mette-Marit does take her religion quite seriously from all accounts.

By the way, I have young cousins in Norway who are completely secular and who went through what is deemed a ``secular humanist confirmation'' instead of the church service. It was similar in that it recognizes the teenager's willingness to begin to assume some adult responsibility. It seemed like a pretty cool idea.
https://thehumanist.com/c...to-religious-confirmation
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2020, 06:40:33 AM »

MM is always crying: weddings, funerals, christenings, confirmations, concerts, parties etc.. It's almost unusual to not see her shed a tear. She's a very emotional person.

I had no idea. Thanks for the info, Lady A. Being openly emotional isnít typical for royals, is it?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: