Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal red jewelry  (Read 2896 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« on: August 21, 2020, 01:43:21 PM »

CyrilSebastian

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 01:46:00 AM »

Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte of Luxembourg's Ruby Bracelet     
http://www.luxarazzi.com/...09-geneva-auction-of.html
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2020, 02:52:29 AM »

Great find Cyril!   Star

I like this paragraph:

As we have said and written before, of course the descendants of Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte have every right to do with the personal properties that they inherited as they please and Grand Duke Henri has no control over what his father and siblings do as private individuals. However, it does leave a bit of a bitter taste in the mouth when you first imply by cancelling an auction that you understood what the jewellery and other belongings of your mother meant to the people of your nation but then sell them anyway, just in a quieter fashion. Though one could argue that that the Grand Duke never explicitly stated that the jewellery would not be sold.

I wonder if MT had a hand in this?
SvenskaSarah

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2020, 04:25:27 AM »

I think with the right re-working, Kate would wear the Burmese Ruby tiara well one day. she very much suits jewel tones and rubies would look lovely on her.
Likewise Vic of Sweden would suit the Edward VII ruby tiara the SRF owns. It's a controversial piece but it deserves to be seen more.
CyrilSebastian

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 01:35:44 AM »

Great find Cyril!   Star

I like this paragraph:

As we have said and written before, of course the descendants of Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte have every right to do with the personal properties that they inherited as they please and Grand Duke Henri has no control over what his father and siblings do as private individuals. However, it does leave a bit of a bitter taste in the mouth when you first imply by cancelling an auction that you understood what the jewellery and other belongings of your mother meant to the people of your nation but then sell them anyway, just in a quieter fashion. Though one could argue that that the Grand Duke never explicitly stated that the jewellery would not be sold.

I wonder if MT had a hand in this?

Anastasia, Thank you!
Tsarina

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2020, 03:32:31 AM »

A few Lux tiaras were saved that were originally on the auction block. I believe the Congo Necklace Tiara (MT’s wedding tiara) and the Belgian Scroll Tiara were in the original lot. I’m glad they were saved.

IMO public outcry made them rework whatever inheritance issue they had - Henri may have paid his siblings for their portions of the most important jewels and then quietly auctioned the rest.

It is sometimes best to auction items rather than fight over them. Even the closest of families have been split apart over the issue of inheritance, and even for “small/inexpensive” items like china and tables. I’ve known a few people that have fought over family valuables/land/property and have unfortunately been ordered by probate court to sell them since they could not come to an agreement as to how to divide their inheritance.
lynaH

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2020, 10:09:32 PM »

I think with the right re-working, Kate would wear the Burmese Ruby tiara well one day. she very much suits jewel tones and rubies would look lovely on her.
Likewise Vic of Sweden would suit the Edward VII ruby tiara the SRF owns. It's a controversial piece but it deserves to be seen more.
I think the Brits should just take one of their million ruby necklaces and put it on a frame to make a tiara for Kate. Same with an Emerald necklace, although the Greville Emerald tiara would also look amazing on her. They have so many stunning pieces, they should issue each bride tiaras of all the colors.(except purple,since they have almost no amethysts. The Saudis should consider that before the next state visit. If they have to spend millions on jewelry, they should try to fill the gaps in the collection.) At least do so for Camilla and Kate. Sophie should also get more and better pieces, but that's just because I love her.
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2020, 11:18:58 PM »

They had a whole amethyst parure that was sold https://www.google.com/se...KECA#imgrc=mE9jVEyefGLK5M .
lynaH

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2020, 11:39:43 PM »

They had a whole amethyst parure that was sold https://www.google.com/se...KECA#imgrc=mE9jVEyefGLK5M .
I love that set. It makes me wonder if any of the family have any taste, that they chose to get rid of it.
lynaH

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2020, 11:56:42 PM »

I think the Brits should just take one of their million ruby necklaces and put it on a frame to make a tiara for Kate. Same with an Emerald necklace, although the Greville Emerald tiara would also look amazing on her. They have so many stunning pieces, they should issue each bride tiaras of all the colors.(except purple,since they have almost no amethysts. The Saudis should consider that before the next state visit. If they have to spend millions on jewelry, they should try to fill the gaps in the collection.) At least do so for Camilla and Kate. Sophie should also get more and better pieces, but that's just because I love her.

A few british ruby necklaces that would make great tiaras. I'm sure they have more.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 12:27:35 AM by lynaH » Logged
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2020, 05:29:25 AM »

That's the best hair Mette Marit has ever had in her entire life. Nice ear rings too. One of my favorite tiaras is the Oriental Circlet, which I hope to see again one day http://orderofsplendor.bl...day-oriental-circlet.html
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 05:51:08 AM by Duchess of Verona » Logged
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2020, 04:56:40 AM »

« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 05:04:13 AM by PeDe » Logged

royalwessex
Banned
Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2020, 08:52:53 PM »

Caroline of Ansbach ruby (or rubies)
https://burbankstory.word...09/10/the-ansbach-diadem/

Her husband, King George II, gave her a ruby ring at their coronation. She had a diadem made of gold & pearls that had a large ruby in the center, with an attached pearl pendant. She had a ruby stomacher brooch as well.

@royalwessex
CyrilSebastian

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2020, 01:55:47 AM »

Caroline of Ansbach ruby (or rubies)
https://burbankstory.word...09/10/the-ansbach-diadem/

Her husband, King George II, gave her a ruby ring at their coronation. She had a diadem made of gold & pearls that had a large ruby in the center, with an attached pearl pendant. She had a ruby stomacher brooch as well.

I like the ruby tiara that the young Queen Caroline wore.
CyrilSebastian

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2020, 02:19:09 AM »

Ruby ring that belonged to Italy's last queen   
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/262968065719584840
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: