Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Genealogy Thread  (Read 4382 times)
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2021, 03:01:45 AM »

Ancestry has done another update, so you might want to check your profile.

They are hedging their bets with the ethnicity - for instance they say my Scottish ancestry is 43%. When you click on it however, it says it may actually range from 18 -43%.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Winston Churchill
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2022, 06:03:10 PM »

Hessian remains unearthed at Revolutionary War battle site:

https://apnews.com/articl...223cb24e6ccefd2ddbd680e65

The remains have been turned over to forensic anthropologists at the New Jersey State Police forensic unit to extract DNA from the bones and teeth to identify their origin. Additional studies are being conducted to examine life history, health and disease.

The scientists hope they can identify the remains and find their descendants.

“We’re hoping that eventually, perhaps, we can find some of these individuals,” Rowan University public historian Jennifer Janofsky said in a statement. “If we can extract their stories, and if we can tell their stories, it lets us put a name to a face. And that, to me, is a very powerful moment in public history.”

What fun for family members who have done the DNA analysis, to be able to link up to one of these soldiers.

Another of those Hessian soldiers deserted, married a German girl in Pennsylvania, and became my 5th great grandfather.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 06:20:24 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Winston Churchill
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2022, 12:21:18 AM »

That’s such a cool story Lady L. My husband has found out and confirmed alot of stories my grandmother told my dad growing up through DNA and finding other family members we didn’t know about
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: