Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Engagement AD Imre/Kathleen Walker & AD Christoph/Adelaide Drapé-Friche  (Read 141886 times)
cowgrrl

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: January 11, 2013, 01:06:30 AM »

PTL???

I'm assuming that's referring to the former Praise The Lord Ministries run by Jim & Tammy Faye Bakker.

Imre isn't a bad name IMO but I also like Idris, Minnik & Ivalo.
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: January 11, 2013, 01:09:36 AM »

Well, I come from a culture that thinks Sverre, Ingeborg, Ole and Magna are perfectly wonderful names, so who am I to complain?
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: January 11, 2013, 01:43:15 AM »

i have to say something, allways when i´ve looked at this post, i´ve thought Imre would be a nickname, and was allways scracthing my head, what is the meaning of "imre"?? Thinking then i saw his photo Dead.... two days ago i´discovered his real name is indeed imre Yikes i cant believe someone can give his child such a name.... Thinking

I have read that Princess Marie-Astrid named him after her brother, Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg.

Imre - Meaning of Imre   
What does Imre mean?
[ 2 syll. i-mre, im-re ] The baby boy name Imre is pronounced IY-MReh- †. Imre is of Germanic origin and it is predominantly used in the Hungarian language. Two-element name derived from amal meaning 'work' ; ric meaning 'rich, powerful, ruler'. The name has also been used as an equivalent of Henry. It was borne by the 12th-century Saint Imre or Emeric of Hungary.

Imre is a Hungarian form of the English Emery.
Imre is also a Hungarian form of the German Emmerich.
Imre is also a Hungarian form of the English Henry.
http://www.babynamespedia.com/meaning/Imre

there is another good name search site "Behind the Name"  http://www.behindthename.com/name/imre

USAGE:
Hungarian

PRONOUNCED:
EEM-re

MEANING & HISTORY:
Hungarian form of EMMERICH. This was the name of an 11th-century Hungarian saint, the son of Saint Istvan. He is also known as Emeric.

DIMINUTIVE:
Imrus

OTHER LANGUAGES:
Amalric, Emelrich, Emmerich, Ermenrich, Heimirich, Heinrich, Henricus (Ancient Germanic), Henrik (Armenian), Endika (Basque), Enric (Catalan), Henrik (Croatian), Jindřich (Czech), Henning (Danish), Hendrik, Heike, Heiko, Hein, Henk, Hennie, Henny, Rik (Dutch), Emery, Harry, Henry, Amery, Emory (English), Hendrik (Estonian), Henri, Henrikki, Heikki (Finnish), Amaury, Émeric, Henri (French), Emmerich, Heinrich, Hendrik, Henrik, Hinrich, Heike, Heiko, Heiner, Heinz, Henning (German), Hinrik (Icelandic), Anraí, Einrí (Irish), Amerigo, Enrico, Arrigo, Enzo, Rico (Italian), Henrikas, Herkus (Lithuanian), Herry (Medieval English), Henning (Norwegian), Henryk (Polish), Américo, Henrique (Portuguese), Henrik (Scandinavian), Eanraig (Scottish), Henrich, Imrich (Slovak), Henrik (Slovene), Américo, Enrique, Quique (Spanish), Henning (Swedish)

POPULARITY:
Hungary - ranked #74

TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: January 11, 2013, 02:58:35 AM »

PTL???

I'm assuming that's referring to the former Praise The Lord Ministries run by Jim & Tammy Faye Bakker.

Imre isn't a bad name IMO but I also like Idris, Minnik & Ivalo.
My mistake ladies I meant TBN aka Trinity Broadcast Network which is based in Costa Mesa, CA. Though I understand that the Bakkers (PTL) and Crouchs (TBN) did work together at some time.
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: January 11, 2013, 04:25:16 AM »

Thanks for all the info regarding my questions!  You gals are the best !  Yes
Alexia
Banned
Banned
Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: January 18, 2013, 06:16:34 PM »

Imre and Katie have their own website but I don´t know how to get access:

www.imreandkathleen2012.com/
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: January 18, 2013, 06:21:57 PM »

The site is password-protected. It can be seen only by people that they want to see it. Wink
LucyintheSky

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: September 25, 2020, 12:35:54 AM »

Quote from: bumbershoot link=topic=10147.msg516968#msg516968  =1347296753
Good lord, that speech is so filled with patronizing haughty bullshit. I don't envy her one bit marrying into that snobby inbred tribe. They are just plain offensive.   And she will NEVER be good enough for them.

She's not my cuppa, but right now, I can only feel pity for her.

I don't feel sorry for her at all.  She purposely set out to meet Imre.  They met at a mass honoring one of his relatives.  She had an Empress Zita Facebook fan page Roll Eyes.  Someone mentioned that Imre would attend a particular mass, and she wrote, "Really? Must meet him!"  She was obviously a big fan of the Habsburgs, and she went out of her way to meet him.  She got what she wanted.  I think that Imre's parents probably did not approve of her at all when they first met.  They probably knew about this fan page that she was running, and they probably knew that she purposely set out to meet Imre.  I think it's hilarious that CC gave such a snotty speech.  If they had met in a different way (and if the bride wasn't so obnoxious), I'd feel so sorry for Katie.  However, given the history of the couple and the attitude of the bride, I don't feel sorry for her at all.  She made this bed, and now she can lie in it.  Ordinarily, I would think someone like CC was a complete douchebag, but in this case, I kind of adore him.  The man knows how to snark Thumb up

Oh, and it is so hilarious that MA is holding the mic for him.  They couldn't get a stand?  He couldn't hold it himself?  The more I see of this wedding, the more awesome it is.  So much jankiness Thumb up 
date=1347293852]

Curtains here you go
Zazoo, thanks for the trip down memory lane
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 12:42:04 AM by LucyintheSky » Logged

Remember you are just an extra in everyone else's play. Franklin D. Roosevelt
http://stream1.gifsoup.co...imatedgifs3/4465009_o.gif
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: September 25, 2020, 02:06:28 AM »

i have to say something, allways when i´ve looked at this post, i´ve thought Imre would be a nickname, and was allways scracthing my head, what is the meaning of "imre"?? Thinking then i saw his photo Dead.... two days ago i´discovered his real name is indeed imre Yikes i cant believe someone can give his child such a name.... Thinking

I have read that Princess Marie-Astrid named him after her brother, Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg.

Imre - Meaning of Imre    
What does Imre mean?
[ 2 syll. i-mre, im-re ] The baby boy name Imre is pronounced IY-MReh- †. Imre is of Germanic origin and it is predominantly used in the Hungarian language. Two-element name derived from amal meaning 'work' ; ric meaning 'rich, powerful, ruler'. The name has also been used as an equivalent of Henry. It was borne by the 12th-century Saint Imre or Emeric of Hungary.

Imre is a Hungarian form of the English Emery.
Imre is also a Hungarian form of the German Emmerich.
Imre is also a Hungarian form of the English Henry.
http://www.babynamespedia.com/meaning/Imre

there is another good name search site "Behind the Name"  http://www.behindthename.com/name/imre

USAGE:
Hungarian

PRONOUNCED:
EEM-re

MEANING & HISTORY:
Hungarian form of EMMERICH. This was the name of an 11th-century Hungarian saint, the son of Saint Istvan. He is also known as Emeric.

DIMINUTIVE:
Imrus

OTHER LANGUAGES:
Amalric, Emelrich, Emmerich, Ermenrich, Heimirich, Heinrich, Henricus (Ancient Germanic), Henrik (Armenian), Endika (Basque), Enric (Catalan), Henrik (Croatian), Jindřich (Czech), Henning (Danish), Hendrik, Heike, Heiko, Hein, Henk, Hennie, Henny, Rik (Dutch), Emery, Harry, Henry, Amery, Emory (English), Hendrik (Estonian), Henri, Henrikki, Heikki (Finnish), Amaury, Émeric, Henri (French), Emmerich, Heinrich, Hendrik, Henrik, Hinrich, Heike, Heiko, Heiner, Heinz, Henning (German), Hinrik (Icelandic), Anraí, Einrí (Irish), Amerigo, Enrico, Arrigo, Enzo, Rico (Italian), Henrikas, Herkus (Lithuanian), Herry (Medieval English), Henning (Norwegian), Henryk (Polish), Américo, Henrique (Portuguese), Henrik (Scandinavian), Eanraig (Scottish), Henrich, Imrich (Slovak), Henrik (Slovene), Américo, Enrique, Quique (Spanish), Henning (Swedish)

POPULARITY:
Hungary - ranked #74

My mother has a first cousin named Imre.
Curtains

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: September 25, 2020, 05:45:00 PM »

Curtains here you go
Zazoo, thanks for the trip down memory lane

Huh, weird - none of what was in there had an actual clip or an actual first person report.  Oh well.  Guess the actual video clip I had with the very sweet and supportive comments from more than one of Imre’s family....Huh?

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: September 25, 2020, 06:04:25 PM »

The original clip disappeared for some reason. I do remember this mess, CC speech was indeed quite bad and you could see condescending tone and "I am above this" attitute. I remember thinking that if Katie wasn't so annoying I would actually feel sorry for her.

There could have been nice people at the wedding, or at least people that hide their feelings very well. The father of the groom was not of them Crazy

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Curtains

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: September 25, 2020, 06:08:46 PM »

The original clip disappeared for some reason. I do remember this mess, CC speech was indeed quite bad and you could see condescending tone and "I am above this" attitute. I remember thinking that if Katie wasn't so annoying I would actually feel sorry for her.

There could have been nice people at the wedding, or at least people that hide their feelings very well. The father of the groom was not of them Crazy

Here you go >>> https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vNbp0c8nqgw

Speeches start at the 2:00 mark, including the father of the groom.

As I said in the other thread, I can’t find a single nasty thing in any of those speeches. 

As I also said in the other thread, I’ve had several political discussions that seem to go this way, a video contradiction of verbal recollection and I’d just as soon not engage further.  Enjoy your autumn, all.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: September 25, 2020, 06:28:42 PM »

That was not video I was taliking about. I know that one, but thanks for the trip down the memory lane. Damn! This was ages ago... I forgot how lovely their weddinng cake looked 

There was another video from their wedding. From the quality and angle, looked it was a video done by a guest probably on a mobile. Maybe it was the vibe of it as there was really snobbish comments circulating with the video in multiple royalty forums, with comments from people that supposely knew the family and that attended. This weird family brings all the wackadoodles out there  People got a different impression than you Curtains. That does not mean others are wrong, they just have a different opinion.

Ahh vintage dishing! It is refreshing, thinking in today's mess Clown

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: