Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stephanie, News and Events  (Read 109711 times)
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: November 27, 2021, 11:26:17 AM »

I agree with all the above and I reckon I look like that at work most days- because I don’t like my work at the moment . Seriously not good enough for an event. It’s about respecting the people around you!
Emac0914

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: November 27, 2021, 11:41:06 AM »

Beyond the body consciousness many, many of us feel, the designof clothes with “one size, one design” format just doesn’t work on every body type but we are forced to wear ill-fitting garments because they are what’s available and affordable.   I would like to think that Stephanie has better accsss to fashion than that and it is obvious she can dress quite smartly.  Some appearances are just better than others. 
Mariola

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: November 27, 2021, 12:04:10 PM »

Yes she looks 'Mumsy' but it does not seem to be an event where she visits in an official capacity so for me so long as she is clean (tick)  and not wearing something torn or revealing (tick) she commits no crime. I am happy to see her out with friends/colleagues.
Pulsatilla

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: November 27, 2021, 12:51:30 PM »

Yes she looks 'Mumsy' but it does not seem to be an event where she visits in an official capacity so for me so long as she is clean (tick)  and not wearing something torn or revealing (tick) she commits no crime. I am happy to see her out with friends/colleagues.

She is patron of that association "Amis des musées", so it was a more or less official engagement for her, otherwise there would have been only pap pictures.

And sorry, those clothes are revealing, they reveal her underwear lines and the little fat rolls around her middle.

It is beyond me that someone who is supposed to be an art and design passionate has zero sense of aesthetics when it comes to her own person.

Yes, she is smiling and seems inerested but the signals her clothes are sending are just the opposite: I couldn't care less to be here, so I just rolled off the couch and grabbed some random clothes, be grateful peasants that I showed up at all.
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: November 27, 2021, 01:26:13 PM »

She is patron of that association "Amis des musées", so it was a more or less official engagement for her, otherwise there would have been only pap pictures.

And sorry, those clothes are revealing, they reveal her underwear lines and the little fat rolls around her middle.

It is beyond me that someone who is supposed to be an art and design passionate has zero sense of aesthetics when it comes to her own person.

Yes, she is smiling and seems inerested but the signals her clothes are sending are just the opposite: I couldn't care less to be here, so I just rolled off the couch and grabbed some random clothes, be grateful peasants that I showed up at all.

I would have thought so a few years ago but I think the boring clothes is down to MT and her influence..... and clearly Stef is not interested in fashion so why fight the mother from hell ? Claire got out and so did Tessy... and I’m thinking Scarlet would be better in Paris working and not available to “do lunch” with MT
Pulsatilla

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: November 27, 2021, 02:14:21 PM »

I would have thought so a few years ago but I think the boring clothes is down to MT and her influence..... and clearly Stef is not interested in fashion so why fight the mother from hell ? Claire got out and so did Tessy... and I’m thinking Scarlet would be better in Paris working and not available to “do lunch” with MT

Steph was a bad dresser even before her engagement. As much as I dislike MT, she cannot be made responsible for everything.
RainbowUnicorn68

Micro Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: November 27, 2021, 11:04:55 PM »

Taste is personal, and I know Crown Princess Victoria has admitted to having no interest in fashion at all. Stephanie may not have any interest in it either. I get the feeling official engagements in Luxembourg are not as needed somehow, to secure the future of the royal house as they are in other countries, and thus the appearance of the representative is not taken care of professionally the same way.
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: November 27, 2021, 11:07:48 PM »

Taste is personal, and I know Crown Princess Victoria has admitted to having no interest in fashion at all. Stephanie may not have any interest in it either. I get the feeling official engagements in Luxembourg are not as needed somehow, to secure the future of the royal house as they are in other countries, and thus the appearance of the representative is not taken care of professionally the same way.

one does not need to have an interest or even an obsession about clothes a la MEDiana but need to dress appropriately for the occassion a la MT et al.

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: November 27, 2021, 11:57:26 PM »

Taste is personal, and I know Crown Princess Victoria has admitted to having no interest in fashion at all. Stephanie may not have any interest in it either.
True, but even though I don't like some of Vikkan's style choices, she always looks polished, appropriate, and professional. Steph rarely does, and I agree w/the posters who think it shows a lack of respect to the people she's meeting (even if she doesn't feel that way at all). It's certainly possible that she's not comfortable with her post-baby body, which I'm sure many can sympathize with; but again, as others have said, she obviously has the money - and access to top stylists - to at least look professional for her engagements. I think she could look very good (probably w/minimal effort) if she just tried. Yes
Pulsatilla

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: November 28, 2021, 06:53:41 AM »

Taste is personal, and I know Crown Princess Victoria has admitted to having no interest in fashion at all. Stephanie may not have any interest in it either.
True, but even though I don't like some of Vikkan's style choices, she always looks polished, appropriate, and professional. Steph rarely does, and I agree w/the posters who think it shows a lack of respect to the people she's meeting (even if she doesn't feel that way at all). It's certainly possible that she's not comfortable with her post-baby body, which I'm sure many can sympathize with; but again, as others have said, she obviously has the money - and access to top stylists - to at least look professional for her engagements. I think she could look very good (probably w/minimal effort) if she just tried. Yes

Totally agree about Victoria, she may dress a bit matronly from time to time but she never looks sloppy like Stephanie. Another royal lady who doesn't care much about fashion is the Princess Royal who wears 20 or more years old outfits but always looks put together and professional.

Steph may feel uncomfortable with her additional weight but why then show off her extra kilos by wearing tops that are at least one size too small and always too short? Clothes that pinch and pull at every movement would make everyone feel uncomfortable. Narrower pants combined with long floating tunics would make her look really good. A new hairstyle wouldn't do any harm either.
RainbowUnicorn68

Micro Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: November 28, 2021, 08:51:54 AM »

I agree completely, that Stephanie could look more polished. She is a lovely woman with a beautiful smile.
It does surprise me that no one seems to offer any help. That is why I think it might have to do with how the royal family is perceived in Luxembourg compared to other monarchies. It seems that no hard work is needed to uphold status quo, and thus appearance does not seem to be a focal point.  
ralf103

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: November 28, 2021, 12:12:56 PM »

TBH the real test will be when Steph becomes Grand Duchess - with all the resources that brings and the ability to put MT in her place we'll see whether Steph's fashion improves. She looked fab at her engagement and wedding so I have hope.
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: November 28, 2021, 12:50:09 PM »

TBH the real test will be when Steph becomes Grand Duchess - with all the resources that brings and the ability to put MT in her place we'll see whether Steph's fashion improves. She looked fab at her engagement and wedding so I have hope.

Yes she did.... I think MT is controlling behind the scenes... maybe less so now.... her daughter wears her old clothes on public occasions.... what is wrong with Alex having new clothes.... I’m sure she does but not on public occasions?
Lord G¡n

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: November 28, 2021, 02:17:27 PM »

So do I .
Anyway. Although I am finding her more content and engaged, etc, I can't imagine why she can't adjust her clothes to her figure. It's not that costly: plenty of common people have been doing it and still do all the time. It hurts when you see one of her sleeves somewhat  longer than the other. I understand this fast fashion horror trend has been exactly that : horrid. But, in a way, I feel that if you see your pictures published and know where the problem lies, it is even easier to find a  solution. GD H 's sisters are not the epitome of fashionwise royals ( no need, either) , but their clothes are usually well tailored. You may not like their choices, but they usually fit.Even when wearing their mama GD JC's clothes  they look OK.
Let's keep our finger crossed.
perdie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: November 29, 2021, 12:19:51 AM »

So do I .
Anyway. Although I am finding her more content and engaged, etc, I can't imagine why she can't adjust her clothes to her figure. It's not that costly: plenty of common people have been doing it and still do all the time. It hurts when you see one of her sleeves somewhat  longer than the other. I understand this fast fashion horror trend has been exactly that : horrid. But, in a way, I feel that if you see your pictures published and know where the problem lies, it is even easier to find a  solution. GD H 's sisters are not the epitome of fashionwise royals ( no need, either) , but their clothes are usually well tailored. You may not like their choices, but they usually fit.Even when wearing their mama GD JC's clothes  they look OK.
Let's keep our finger crossed.

In some fairness, I believe she actually does have one arm shorter than the other - there's a number of older photos, face on, with both arms down where it is visible.  Her elbows seem to hit at slightly different spots.  There may also be an element of some unevenness in her shoulders.  It isn't a big deal but if someone were to adjust her sleeves it would disguise it for her.  It's a shame it seems the entire clothing budget in Lux is taken up by MT's wardrobe.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: