Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stephanie, News and Events  (Read 54578 times)
Pulsatilla

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2021, 06:09:40 AM »

Today Stephanie joined the Minister of Culture, Sam Tanson, to welcome the work of Patrick Saytour acquired by the National Museum of History and Art for its collection. The piece of art will be a part of the Support Surface exhibition.

https://www.instagram.com...bJ-RQ/?igshid=j308x445hb5

An off-topic question for French speakers: does the word marraine mean godmother only or does it mean patron (like royal patron) as well? I'm wondering about the word Amis des Musťes chose to call Stephanie  Thinking

Yes, marraine is French for"patron". "Patronne" means female boss or employer.

Sorry, but this is one of her worst outfits ever.  Yikes
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2021, 06:32:43 AM »

Today Stephanie joined the Minister of Culture, Sam Tanson, to welcome the work of Patrick Saytour acquired by the National Museum of History and Art for its collection. The piece of art will be a part of the Support Surface exhibition.

https://www.instagram.com...bJ-RQ/?igshid=j308x445hb5

An off-topic question for French speakers: does the word marraine mean godmother only or does it mean patron (like royal patron) as well? I'm wondering about the word Amis des Musťes chose to call Stephanie  Thinking

Yes, marraine is French for"patron". "Patronne" means female boss or employer.

Sorry, but this is one of her worst outfits ever.  Yikes

Yes not a good look 👀 and she had been doing well 🙁
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2021, 02:42:37 PM »

Sloppy - and Iím very sorry to see it.

Hopefully this is a one-off.
loveofenglishtradition

Baby Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2021, 05:00:25 PM »

I hope so too! With all her happiness about little adorable Charles she should not forget her own image. She is not a simple housewife who can relax and walk around in sloppy garments. She is a public person.
i recently looked at old pictures of her, she was very attracitve, nice figure, very nice legs and also nice clothes (a bit conservative, but that is no problem).

Doesn't she get any advice from the Lux court? Is there no office to help her? Comparing that to MTs photoshopped pictures, it is a shame, that the new generations don't get the same attention.
ArwenEleniel

Micro Member

Ukraine Ukraine

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2021, 07:13:30 PM »

I hope so too! With all her happiness about little adorable Charles she should not forget her own image. She is not a simple housewife who can relax and walk around in sloppy garments. She is a public person.
i recently looked at old pictures of her, she was very attracitve, nice figure, very nice legs and also nice clothes (a bit conservative, but that is no problem).

Doesn't she get any advice from the Lux court? Is there no office to help her? Comparing that to MTs photoshopped pictures, it is a shame, that the new generations don't get the same attention.

As far as I have read, Stephanie doesn't get any kind of fashion-related help from the court. She doesn't have not only a stylist but a personal hairdresser or a makeup artist as well. The girls didn't get a makeup artist even on the National day. This doesn't mean, of course, that she can't get one  on her own Ė like any other woman in Luxembourg Ė but still... She is the only crown princess in Europe in such a situation. This is not a first-hand info Ė just what I've read in other forums. But the Waringo report mentioned only a part-time housekeeper for her and Gui, if I'm not mistaken.

BTW, this event wasn't even mentioned by the court's media.
Pulsatilla

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2021, 07:37:00 PM »

As far as I have read, Stephanie doesn't get any kind of fashion-related help from the court. She doesn't have not only a stylist but a personal hairdresser or a makeup artist as well. The girls didn't get a makeup artist even on the National day. This doesn't mean, of course, that she can't get one  on her own Ė like any other woman in Luxembourg Ė but still... She is the only crown princess in Europe in such a situation. This is not a first-hand info Ė just what I've read in other forums. But the Waringo report mentioned only a part-time housekeeper for her and Gui, if I'm not mistaken.

BTW, this event wasn't even mentioned by the court's media.

You cannot maintain Fischbach castle with only a part-time housekeeper. That was perhaps the situation for their former much smaller house. If she doesn't want to hire a stylist she can always ask her elder sisters for help, they all seem to have no problem with dressing approriately or even elegantly.
ArwenEleniel

Micro Member

Ukraine Ukraine

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2021, 09:39:53 PM »

They had some gardeners and other positions which sounded like people who took care of the house but only one that sounded like possibly taking care of clothes or anything like that.

I do not say that Stephanie cannot ask her sisters or friends for advice or cope on her own (most of us can and we do much better than she). I just don't  understand why everybody Ė Kate, Mary, Mette-Marit (and Maxima, Letizia, Matilde when they were crown princesses) Ė has teams of stylists and other professionals and are even considered style icons by some people but Stephanie must do without help. All of them are public persons representing their countries, and Luxembourg and its royal family are not the poorest ones. Stephanie's sense of style is awful but I cannot say that Kate or Mary looked far better once upon a time. However, after the wedding they've got everything fashion- and style-wise, and Steph has got Maria Teresa.
perdie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2021, 10:10:45 PM »

In some small defence - she has put on a fair bit of weight in a relatively short period of time, and it can be difficult to dress confidently when that happens, never mind when shops are shut.  Her sisters are all quite slim from memory, and just because they dress well on the public events that we see doesn't mean that they are stylists or would be able to help - or that she would like what they pick.  That is precisely why she needs a stylist, who will get clothes and bring them to her and whose job it is to know what will be suitable and flatter.  Since she had Charles, she's had few (that I can remember) indoor events.  Wearing coats is fine for outside events, obviously, but inside going for a cover up like this poncho doesn't work.  Hopefully this will help whoever holds the pursestrings that a stylist would be a good idea.

Still, no elephant pants, and so far as can be seen with masks everyone looks happy and engaged.
Emac0914

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2021, 12:56:17 AM »

I hate to get on the topic of weight but Stephanie kind of looked like this before it was revealed she was pregnant with Charles.  What are the chances??  Sheís not getting any younger and if they wanted another baby and had to go thru IVF, they may have wanted to try again sooner than later?  I hope itís happy news for them, not that anyone has posted anything but she is really glowing!
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2021, 01:14:18 AM »

I still remember how jaw-droppingly elegant her sister was at the pre-wedding dinner...why doesn't she ask her for guidance on dressing elegantly and appropriately? 

But, I'm still a fan of hers and her radiating joy and contentment, and one of the cutest little princes in royal realms!!
ArwenEleniel

Micro Member

Ukraine Ukraine

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2021, 06:03:23 PM »

Today Stephanie (accompanied by the Minister of Culture) went to the Paul Barblé Cultural Center in Strassen to discover the 100 Joer Lëtzebuerger Konscht exhibition organized by the Lëtzebuerger Artisten Center (LAC).

https://monarchie.lu/fr/a...joer-letzebuerger-konscht
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2021, 06:34:53 PM »

This is not a great outfit but itís a lot better than the poncho outfit.

That said: What I mainly notice is how sheís glowing behind the mask. She looks absolutely delighted. And itís lovely to see.

Pulsatilla

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2021, 06:37:44 PM »

Does she read RD? This is clearly an improvement. Although I still think that she should ban everything beige from her wardrobe, the scarf luckily adds a spark of colour and live, the cut and the length of the blouse are flattering. Also better shoes and the loose hair suits her better than a ponytail.
Kopper1975

Baby Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2021, 06:40:07 PM »

She isnít flashy, and her fashion sense these days tends to the frumpy, but she has become one of my favourite royals. I think it is the no-nonsense, non-controversial approach she has. I think she is adorable and I love that she doesnít seem obsessed with designers and labels. I suppose I like her because I can relate to her.
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2021, 07:07:07 PM »

This is not a great outfit but itís a lot better than the poncho outfit.

That said: What I mainly notice is how sheís glowing behind the mask. She looks absolutely delighted. And itís lovely to see.

Yes, I donít know why she is presenting herself this way. A line dresses would be so much more flattering. But she looks happy (for whatever reason), and thatís more important.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: