Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stephanie, News and Events  (Read 54594 times)
loveofenglishtradition

Baby Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2021, 04:26:50 PM »

IMO she desperately needs a stylist who works out a functional "official working uniform" with her. A couple of interchangable suits (that fit!) with tops and shoes and a few accessories to mix things up. That way, she could get dressed in a hurry, would not have to waste time or energy on what to wear and know that while possibly not la dernier cri, she would be appropriately and nicely dressed.
I know there are services who specialize on such a capsule wardrobe for professionals.

Heck, Ms. Merkel comes to mind:
She has a wardrobe full of colourful jackets that she wears with black (winter) and tan-beige (summer) pants, a plain top underneath and a trademark necklace on top. Slip into dark shoes with dark pants and lighter ones with lighter pants and off she goes. Angela Merkel never looks fashionable, but always good.

I agree that Stephanie needs a stylist, but maybe it is not important for her? She seems to not care about this. Maybe that will happen when she is "in charge", e.g. when MT is not there anymore to represent the country. She will then be in the spotlight, and I am sure it will change her mind. Presently she is just so happy to be a mother of such a healthy and beautiful baby.

Concerning Ms. Merkel. everyone in Germany makes fun of her pants, and jacket and necklace, for 16 years her outfit has  always been the same.

BUT, she is our chancellor, no fashion-representative at all. Fashion is not important  in her position. Nobody would ever think about or critizie a male chanceller, (usually with suit and tie). We don't have a "First Lady" as in the US, where I can imagine that their fashionable image is more important.
Those royals are more representatives for their country (no political decision makers), and  when they are good looking they have all the chances and help to be glamorous. (If they want that)

I am always very surprised by Boris Johnson's very weird haircut. At first I thought it was a mistake, but in the meantime I think it is on purpose, he just likes his haircut and therefore keeps it like this.

And, nobody cares...
lothwen

Warned
Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2021, 04:44:19 PM »

IMO she desperately needs a stylist who works out a functional "official working uniform" with her. A couple of interchangable suits (that fit!) with tops and shoes and a few accessories to mix things up. That way, she could get dressed in a hurry, would not have to waste time or energy on what to wear and know that while possibly not la dernier cri, she would be appropriately and nicely dressed.
I know there are services who specialize on such a capsule wardrobe for professionals.

She has a wardrobe full of colourful jackets that she wears with black (winter) and tan-beige (summer) pants, a plain top underneath and a trademark necklace on top. Slip into dark shoes with dark pants and lighter ones with lighter pants and off she goes. Angela Merkel never looks fashionable, but always good.

I agree that Stephanie needs a stylist, but maybe it is not important for her? She seems to not care about this. Maybe that will happen when she is "in charge", e.g. when MT is not there anymore to represent the country. She will then be in the spotlight, and I am sure it will change her mind. Presently she is just so happy to be a mother of such a healthy and beautiful baby.

Concerning Ms. Merkel. everyone in Germany makes fun of her pants, and jacket and necklace, for 16 years her outfit has  always been the same.

BUT, she is our chancellor, no fashion-representative at all. Fashion is not important  in her position. Nobody would ever think about or critizie a male chanceller, (usually with suit and tie). We don't have a "First Lady" as in the US, where I can imagine that their fashionable image is more important.
Those royals are more representatives for their country (no political decision makers), and  when they are good looking they have all the chances and help to be glamorous. (If they want that)

I am always very surprised by Boris Johnson's very weird haircut. At first I thought it was a mistake, but in the meantime I think it is on purpose, he just likes his haircut and therefore keeps it like this.

And, nobody cares...

Yep.

Is it better for the (female) royals to be immaculately turned out and stylish, but bored and disinterested, or engaged and enthusiastic, yet perhaps a little dowdy?

In other words, do we prioritize looks over personality ?
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2021, 04:49:41 PM »

I think there is something different for public people that goes beyond the argument between the facade and the personality. Stephanie has her life piecing together very well and she is lucky to have health happiness and wealth. It makes a difference. She could just use a little I want to say polish but that speaks to superficiality I mean little lessons in how to dress for her body so that the focus is on her personality and good work and publicity not on her VPL. To maybe think in terms of how she is documented as an important public person in her country. Not about how much she weighs or what designer she is wearing. She seems refreshingly uncaring about those things. But little details might help her feel more comfortable in her own skin as she goes about her public business in a way she might not even realize until those changes occur.
Pulsatilla

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2021, 05:36:43 PM »

Black. From head to toe. In springtime. Combined with a dark brown bag and a sloppy ponytail. She is hopeless.
And will she ever do other engagements than art exhibitions? Sorry, I am not impressed at all and I am tired of all the excuses made up for her.
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

The Memorial Wall along the Southbank in London

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2021, 06:36:23 PM »

And, nobody cares...

Yep.

Is it better for the (female) royals to be immaculately turned out and stylish, but bored and disinterested, or engaged and enthusiastic, yet perhaps a little dowdy?

In other words, do we prioritize looks over personality ?

that Steph is  happy and engaged. In this instance, it isn't even about her being unfashionable or about her looks. She is just very poorly groomed.  That pony tail does look very sloppy ( Yes Pulsatilla). Perhaps Gui should do more of this:

https://www.rtl.be/info/video/418408.aspx @ 00:27  Lolipop

IMHO, Stephanie is one of the naturally prettiest royals around.

Gemsheal

Large Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2021, 08:03:53 PM »

Black. From head to toe. In springtime. Combined with a dark brown bag and a sloppy ponytail. She is hopeless.
And will she ever do other engagements than art exhibitions? Sorry, I am not impressed at all and I am tired of all the excuses made up for her.

Star

I like her earrings  Secret  That could be rose quartz on top and maybe lapis on the bottom.  I'd love a closer look at them.

And I'm kind of sick of all the museum exhibition related events, too.       

How quick come the reasons for approving what we like!

- Jane Austen
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2021, 11:52:34 PM »

I remember being taught that dressing nicely (not necessarily expensively) is a sign of respect.  I also remember reading that if you dress well, they remember the woman and if you dress poorly (again, not necessarily cheaply), they remember the clothing.  She is a representative of the Royal Family and by extension, I assume, she is therefore considered to be a representative of Luxembourg.  As much as I like her and want her to succeed as a HGD, her sloppy clothing detracts from her role, diverts attention from whatever she is visiting, and sometimes seems disrespectful.  It's like Maxima's disheveled hair...at this point, there's no excuse for not being groomed and tidy.  To me, just not being into fashion doesn't really cut it any more.  It's possible to look attractive and presentable and respectful while not being a slave to fashion.  And recently she has been doing better, so we know she's capable of it! 

anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2021, 01:01:55 AM »

please.get a good hair cut.and use conditioners,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

How about a good wash?  Her hair has looked dirty lately.
Pulsatilla

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2021, 07:10:20 AM »

please.get a good hair cut.and use conditioners,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

How about a good wash?  Her hair has looked dirty lately.

I also do hope that those black pants meet the washing machine from time to time. But it seems as if she is even sleeping wearing them.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2021, 08:57:25 AM »

I remember being taught that dressing nicely (not necessarily expensively) is a sign of respect.  I also remember reading that if you dress well, they remember the woman and if you dress poorly (again, not necessarily cheaply), they remember the clothing.  She is a representative of the Royal Family and by extension, I assume, she is therefore considered to be a representative of Luxembourg.  As much as I like her and want her to succeed as a HGD, her sloppy clothing detracts from her role, diverts attention from whatever she is visiting, and sometimes seems disrespectful.  It's like Maxima's disheveled hair...at this point, there's no excuse for not being groomed and tidy.  To me, just not being into fashion doesn't really cut it any more.  It's possible to look attractive and presentable and respectful while not being a slave to fashion.  And recently she has been doing better, so we know she's capable of it! 

Agree.
That's why I recommended some sort of bla "uniform", she wouldn't have to think about what to wear, but look professional and representative.
Would we rake a male over the same coals? - In fact I think we would: her appearance is very much the same as a male representative showing up in crumbled washed out chinos, an unironed shirt hanging out, grubby shoes and the unsexy version of the five o'clock shadow…
I know that there is a bit of a double standard when it comes to men and women:
Men can show up for 50 years in a charcoal suit, white shirt and non-descript tie and we would not once yawn. But the equivalent for women is more complicated. Yet I maintain the idea that it is possible to build a work-uniform capsule for her and to perhaps revisit it every now and then with a new Stylist to give it a bit more oomph...and tada she should be done.

That said: grooming is utterly important. Her hair looks she washed it the day before and let it air-dry... and this morning after having slept on it she just put it in a ponytail...We all do that occasionally, but few of us represent a country.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2021, 01:12:24 PM »

I like that she is not overly styled (she has her m-i-l to do that) but the idea with a "Merkel like uniform" is great. She does not have to follow the latest fashion but a little bit of effort would not be lost.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2021, 02:21:05 PM »

Agree.
That's why I recommended some sort of bla "uniform", she wouldn't have to think about what to wear, but look professional and representative.
Would we rake a male over the same coals? - In fact I think we would: her appearance is very much the same as a male representative showing up in crumbled washed out chinos, an unironed shirt hanging out, grubby shoes and the unsexy version of the five o'clock shadow…
I know that there is a bit of a double standard when it comes to men and women:
Men can show up for 50 years in a charcoal suit, white shirt and non-descript tie and we would not once yawn. But the equivalent for women is more complicated. Yet I maintain the idea that it is possible to build a work-uniform capsule for her and to perhaps revisit it every now and then with a new Stylist to give it a bit more oomph...and tada she should be done.

That said: grooming is utterly important. Her hair looks she washed it the day before and let it air-dry... and this morning after having slept on it she just put it in a ponytail...We all do that occasionally, but few of us represent a country.

ITA with you both.

Steph should get a good stylist. Please not Vic's.

About Angela Merkel: Yes, she has found some uniform for herself, but I think Steph is more individual and needs more freedom in her styling.

A mixture of Kate, Mathilde and Leti would be good.
dwi
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2021, 06:42:45 PM »

i agree.  like i said before, any other royal dressing that way would've been ridiculed up and down.  i can't believe they even let her go to events looking that way.  her family should be embarassed.  it looks like she still has her baby weight, but she could just get some clothes that are a little bigger and nicer looking.  it's not like she's broke!

and she has been in that role long enough.  don't accept 'she's growing into her role.'
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2021, 06:57:30 PM »

She has always had unfortunate hair, a lot of which I think is because she wasn’t blessed with an ideal hair type & she’s just a mousy person. I think this is what we will always get from her “style wise”.

Her wedding dress was one of my very favorites of all time, which is the amusing thing to me. Bless her.

RainbowUnicorn68

Micro Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2021, 09:14:28 AM »

I love dishing about clothes at royal weddings, but otherwise, I am not that bothered, although I know I should be. Maybe it's because I don't read gossip magazines.

I get the feeling the Luxembourg court as such isn't too hung up on support for the royal members. As if their survival as royals doesn't depend on how much they work. They are a wealthy family, aren't they?

If Stephanie should find a helping hand, it might not be until she becomes Grand Duchess. She is a pretty girl, and I have seen her looking stunning on pictures in this forum.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: