Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stephanie, News and Events  (Read 42043 times)
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2021, 04:15:05 PM »

I love dishing about clothes at royal weddings, but otherwise, I am not that bothered, although I know I should be. Maybe it's because I don't read gossip magazines.

I get the feeling the Luxembourg court as such isn't too hung up on support for the royal members. As if their survival as royals doesn't depend on how much they work. They are a wealthy family, aren't they?

If Stephanie should find a helping hand, it might not be until she becomes Grand Duchess. She is a pretty girl, and I have seen her looking stunning on pictures in this forum.

Maybe MT has imprisoned all stylists in Luxembourg and now threatens them to work for anyone but her.

No seriously: Steph really needs help. She probably doesn't see a problem with her style and/or doesn't reckon it very important. I hope one of her sisters will come forward and tell her.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2021, 06:12:09 PM »

I love dishing about clothes at royal weddings, but otherwise, I am not that bothered, although I know I should be. Maybe it's because I don't read gossip magazines.

I get the feeling the Luxembourg court as such isn't too hung up on support for the royal members. As if their survival as royals doesn't depend on how much they work. They are a wealthy family, aren't they?

If Stephanie should find a helping hand, it might not be until she becomes Grand Duchess. She is a pretty girl, and I have seen her looking stunning on pictures in this forum.

Maybe MT has imprisoned all stylists in Luxembourg and now threatens them to work for anyone but her.

No seriously: Steph really needs help. She probably doesn't see a problem with her style and/or doesn't reckon it very important. I hope one of her sisters will come forward and tell her.

I agree. Sometimes people dress that way because theyíre depressed. I hope that isnít the case here.

Love your new avi Kristallinchen!
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2021, 06:34:12 PM »

I agree. Sometimes people dress that way because theyíre depressed. I hope that isnít the case here.

Thanks Smiley

I think Steph certainly had a depression prior to Charles' birth. Now it's more the case of not caring (or finding other things more important...like caring for her son).

I don't think it's any bad intention on her part though.
RainbowUnicorn68

Baby Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2021, 07:29:45 PM »

Thanks Smiley

I think Steph certainly had a depression prior to Charles' birth. Now it's more the case of not caring (or finding other things more important...like caring for her son).

I don't think it's any bad intention on her part though.

I think you're right. I think she doesn't find it important, but not out of ill will. Hopefully she will find help in that department.

Victoria of Sweden has admitted to being not overly interested in fashion, and while one can agree or disagree on how well she dresses, she has help, as far as I know.
lothwen

Warned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2021, 10:28:38 PM »

She put up with bullying from MT and speculation about both her relationship with Guillame and her ability to have children for over 8 years. Thatís not just something you bounce back from, and perhaps how she dresses is her way of dealing with things.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2021, 11:22:17 PM »

She put up with bullying from MT and speculation about both her relationship with Guillame and her ability to have children for over 8 years. Thatís not just something you bounce back from, and perhaps how she dresses is her way of dealing with things.

Yes, thatís what I think too. She dresses like someone who has suffered and isnít quite healed. Depression is a funny thing, and sometimes you donít know youíre depressed.  I hope that whatever is going on with her that she finds some peace and happiness.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2021, 11:38:36 PM »

Yes, thatís what I think too. She dresses like someone who has suffered and isnít quite healed. Depression is a funny thing, and sometimes you donít know youíre depressed.  I hope that whatever is going on with her that she finds some peace and happiness.

The hardest thing is admitting that you need help.

That said I think Gui needs just as much help as his wife does (as do Louis, Alex and Seb).

I leave out Felix, because he seems to have gotten away from hell by marrying Claire (and being independently financed by her father). Of all the siblings he's clearly the most settled.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: April 04, 2021, 01:23:28 PM »

I think if you are the wife of the heir the pressure of having kids is immense - we have no idea, surely she was checked out, it could have been Gui shooting blanks all the time - still she is under pressure, especially because they got older. Plus weird MT as a m-i-l does not help the situation.

As someone said: a Merkel solution should be found, a basis wardrobe of "no fuss, always dressed well" clothes where she can't go wrong. It is totally okay she is not a fashion icon, but her appearance is just not professional most of the times and it comes with her job to be professional.
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

The Memorial Wall along the Southbank in London

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: April 04, 2021, 03:12:58 PM »

I like Steph. She has been through a lot. There is no excuse for her inability to wash and comb her hair for an engagement when she seems to be well engaged in the discourse.

The Book Fairies are joining judges and contributors to the #HoldStill2020 project to mark the release of the beautiful book! We are leaving copies at places that gave us hope during lockdowns. #HSBookFairies #ibelieveinbookfairies
genegal43

Gigantic Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: April 04, 2021, 07:04:28 PM »

I think if you are the wife of the heir the pressure of having kids is immense - we have no idea, surely she was checked out, it could have been Gui shooting blanks all the time - still she is under pressure, especially because they got older. Plus weird MT as a m-i-l does not help the situation.

As someone said: a Merkel solution should be found, a basis wardrobe of "no fuss, always dressed well" clothes where she can't go wrong. It is totally okay she is not a fashion icon, but her appearance is just not professional most of the times and it comes with her job to be professional.

That would be a good idea.

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
jigmesjigga

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: April 05, 2021, 12:03:34 AM »

I don't think she has to be stylish, in fashion or even pretty. BUT if she knows she is going to be photographed, at the very least she should have her hair and makeup done to a management-level polish and wear something that fits and is structured. I have always gotten the feeling that she is not confident in her figure or her looks but tailoring and a weekly grooming (blow-out/trim/facial/makeup lessons) would go a million miles for her.
Clover

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: April 06, 2021, 06:43:27 AM »

I wonder if Stephanie is expecting again. Something about her disheveled appearance reminds me of someone who has morning sickness and has done all she can to pull herself together. I see lots of scarves and ponchos. I hope so! 

Ellie

Muted
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: April 06, 2021, 06:57:55 AM »

So many of us women get ourselves together, go back to work when our babies are so young and look put together. Stephanie can do the same as us normal ladies without all the help. I want to brush her hair! She radiates joy, she should look like it too.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #103 on: April 06, 2021, 03:16:14 PM »

So many of us women get ourselves together, go back to work when our babies are so young and look put together. Stephanie can do the same as us normal ladies without all the help. I want to brush her hair! She radiates joy, she should look like it too.

And so many donít manage because they have no energy for it. Itís not a good look no, but with her particular story - loss of both parents, mil from hell, deeply messed up new family, fertility issues perhaps with losses on the way, I think itís very likely Stephanie is on a long, slow way out of a very stressful period of time possibly causing a longtime depression. I am cutting her a lot of slack because Charles is obviously doing very well and both she and Gui look a lot more happy and content now, so sheís hardly not putting up an effort; but in a court where MT seemingly still reigns supreme I simply donít think they are getting enough support. I think MT is very destructive and Henri has absolutely no spine. Poor Stephanie is a victim here, greasy hair or not. Hopefully the government will wrestle MT away from power and influence so the Gui and Stephanie will be masters of their own affairs. It seems to have done a lot of good for Felix and Claire.
Clover

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: April 06, 2021, 06:02:51 PM »

And so many don’t manage because they have no energy for it. It’s not a good look no, but with her particular story - loss of both parents, mil from hell, deeply messed up new family, fertility issues perhaps with losses on the way, I think it’s very likely Stephanie is on a long, slow way out of a very stressful period of time possibly causing a longtime depression. I am cutting her a lot of slack because Charles is obviously doing very well and both she and Gui look a lot more happy and content now, so she’s hardly not putting up an effort; but in a court where MT seemingly still reigns supreme I simply don’t think they are getting enough support. I think MT is very destructive and Henri has absolutely no spine. Poor Stephanie is a victim here, greasy hair or not. Hopefully the government will wrestle MT away from power and influence so the Gui and Stephanie will be masters of their own affairs. It seems to have done a lot of good for Felix and Claire.

Maria,

Yes, I agree with everything written here. Sometimes the victory is to wakeup every morning and find what happiness you can in the day. At those times, surface level concerns are not a priority. Stephanie may be grieving her losses, facing unknown struggles with her mother-in-law, within the palace, recovering from past fertility struggles, and motherhood.

I think she and Gui are winning on the parent front. They seem joyful with the baby and appear to be attentive and loving parents.  Champagne

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: