Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stephanie, News and Events  (Read 41601 times)
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: May 05, 2021, 08:40:10 AM »

I wonder if her apparent disdain for dressing up all the time is in part due to her noble background.  I often read that people in the UK who have aristocratic roots/titles stretching back centuries are the ones with the messy houses, sloppy clothes, older vehicles, etc. because they have nothing to prove, whereas the more nouveau riche wealthy are the ones who are more consumed with appearances, labels, etc.  Of course that may not even be true for Britain, but I do wonder if it may be kind of true across the board.
I get what you say but the problem with Steph isn't that she's not fashionable, rather that many times she seems totally unkempt.
Thank God now she shows genuine interest for her engagements and duties, because it does make a tone of diferrence but there are details she needs to take under consideration.
Detail here, detail there and her whole image is not suitable for a hereditary grand duchess. She wants to carry big scarves and wear wide pants? Fine by me but the scarves should be ironed and maybe come with a decorative brooch to keep them in place and add some style. As for the pants, they need to be in the proper length.
She's much better since little Charles was born, so I believe she'll find her way in general. She has the resources and she represents a nation, so she has no excuse not to try. That goes for any royal with duties and an active title.
Showing off and having a proper public image are two diferrent things.

genegal43

Gigantic Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: May 05, 2021, 03:58:52 PM »

Hereís a radical thought. Maybe Stephanie wears what she does because she likes it. Maybe Gui tells her she looks beautiful. Maybe she likes what she sees when she looks in the mirror.

Thumb up Supercontent

Judging by their ugly furniture, you may be right.

You know that makes me kind of jealous.

Think about it by any objective standard Steph looks throwed however, all Gui sees is the most beautiful woman in the world.

I wouldn't mind a life partner who sees me through those beer goggles.

This made me nearly spit out my breakfast.   Laughing

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
lothwen

Warned
Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: May 05, 2021, 07:26:03 PM »

Quote from: leatherface link=topic=17168.msg1324770#msg1324770 date=1620147347
[quote author=Pulsatilla link=topic=17168.msg1324743#msg1324743 date=1620140186
Hereís a radical thought. Maybe Stephanie wears what she does because she likes it. Maybe Gui tells her she looks beautiful. Maybe she likes what she sees when she looks in the mirror.

Thumb up Supercontent

Think about it by any objective standard Steph looks throwed however, all Gui sees is the most beautiful woman in the world.

This made me nearly spit out my breakfast.   Laughing
[/quote]

Delete

Iím lucky. My husband finds me beautiful even when I havenít showered and am wearing sweatpants. And even though the majority of the world doesnít agree with him. Iím sorry for any of you who donít have that.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: May 05, 2021, 09:07:43 PM »

Quote from: leatherface link=topic=17168.msg1324770#msg1324770 date=1620147347
[quote author=Pulsatilla link=topic=17168.msg1324743#msg1324743 date=1620140186

Thumb up Supercontent

This made me nearly spit out my breakfast.   Laughing

Delete

Iím lucky. My husband finds me beautiful even when I havenít showered and am wearing sweatpants. And even though the majority of the world doesnít agree with him. Iím sorry for any of you who donít have that.
[/quote]

My husband was so thrilled, when after the pregnancy I had to wear his (I just feel unkept in sweatpants). I normally never wear any, but prefer jeans.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #139 on: May 08, 2021, 03:05:49 PM »

Obviously we donít know for sure, but it seems like Steph doesnít have it in her to be that mean, conniving and self centered.  I think she looked beaten down until Charles came along, and I hold out hope that sheíll get it together eventually. 

I think Steph just can't get out of her shelf. It's more than not caring (also it has gotten better since Charles' birth).

I'll have to guess here: But to me Steph has this - all is useless attitude.

Like: Why should I do anything (wash my hair, wear appropriate clothes), when nothing changes? (I mean in regards of her fil and mil). I think Steph is intelligent enough to know that something is deeply wrong, but she's not the type for fighting.

I mean shortly after Charles' birth it seemed like she had gotten it...now she's back to wear it started (although with a smile on her face) - there's more wrong in Luxembourg than the clothes of the Hereditary Grand Duchess.

I know I am repeating myself but I think she has had (have partially still) problems with depression. Which in itself is rough but in an environment with likely only Gui truly looking out for her must have been hell. Especially when she lost both her parents and likely had fertility issues. In a court literally ruled by her obvious megalomaniac mother in law who cares mostly about how she looks. Itís straight out of a old fashioned fairytale and I donít mean the Disney version. Anyone with a lick of sense would have hired her PA who took care of her wardrobe for events and hade sure a hair and makeup stylist came around before big events. I strongly suspect by now that ďanyoneĒ in this case is MT instead and she has absolutely no interest in Stephanie shining in any way.

Since Charles is obviously doing very well and Stephanie herself looks a lot better I think weíre on the way to a full recovery. But with MT still pulling the strings, I think it might take a while before someone gets her the stylist help she needs. Perhaps it wonít happen before Gui takes over..
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: May 08, 2021, 03:14:51 PM »

Obviously we donít know for sure, but it seems like Steph doesnít have it in her to be that mean, conniving and self centered.  I think she looked beaten down until Charles came along, and I hold out hope that sheíll get it together eventually. 

I think Steph just can't get out of her shelf. It's more than not caring (also it has gotten better since Charles' birth).

Like: Why should I do anything (wash my hair, wear appropriate clothes), when nothing changes? (I mean in regards of her fil and mil). I think Steph is intelligent enough to know that something is deeply wrong, but she's not the type for fighting.

I mean shortly after Charles' birth it seemed like she had gotten it...now she's back to wear it started (although with a smile on her face) - there's more wrong in Luxembourg than the clothes of the Hereditary Grand Duchess.

I know I am repeating myself but I think she has had (have partially still) problems with depression. Which in itself is rough but in an environment with likely only Gui truly looking out for her must have been hell. Especially when she lost both her parents and likely had fertility issues. In a court literally ruled by her obvious megalomaniac mother in law who cares mostly about how she looks. Itís straight out of a old fashioned fairytale and I donít mean the Disney version. Anyone with a lick of sense would have hired her PA who took care of her wardrobe for events and hade sure a hair and makeup stylist came around before big events. I strongly suspect by now that ďanyoneĒ in this case is MT instead and she has absolutely no interest in Stephanie shining in any way.

Since Charles is obviously doing very well and Stephanie herself looks a lot better I think weíre on the way to a full recovery. But with MT still pulling the strings, I think it might take a while before someone gets her the stylist help she needs. Perhaps it wonít happen before Gui takes over..

Interesting that Gui married someone his grandmother would have approved of ... Belgian from a titled family... I wonder if MT saw that as a throwback to what she isnít and why she knows she personally is not of that world... marriage yes only
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: May 08, 2021, 04:02:55 PM »

I think the "pretend" was that they were a decent Catholic family. Remember the ruction when it became public that Louis would become a father and the announcement they would not marry.

Steph is nice and easy going - she would neither be opposition nor putting up a fight with MT. That was what she wanted. I think it makes sense now that amibitious Claire only played the game for a couple of months - and deliberately did not give child #2 a "royal royal" name and gave birth in Geneva. This is her way of keeping distance - not, what MT wants.
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: May 08, 2021, 06:16:14 PM »

I think the "pretend" was that they were a decent Catholic family. Remember the ruction when it became public that Louis would become a father and the announcement they would not marry.

Steph is nice and easy going - she would neither be opposition nor putting up a fight with MT. That was what she wanted. I think it makes sense now that amibitious Claire only played the game for a couple of months - and deliberately did not give child #2 a "royal royal" name and gave birth in Geneva. This is her way of keeping distance - not, what MT wants.

Claire comes from a wealthy family who will pay the bills ... MT probably would have had little say about it... as they encouraged their family to be well educated and her son did the same and married a woman equal to him in that respect then she might have been challenged.... anyway he was lucky to escape
perdie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: May 08, 2021, 10:10:39 PM »

Star

I totally agree.  I can't imagine how difficult the last years have been for her - losing one parent just before her marriage and no way to delay or rethink.  Losing her remaining parent.  In a different country, and the focus of a lot of attention.  An extremely difficult and controlling mother-in-law who seems to get her own way most of the time.  All these are facts, never mind the almost certain fact that there were issues conceiving when it is an expectation of the job.  Then there are the things we can only guess at: is the narrow range of activities due to being 'boxed in' and she hasn't been allowed to do more, for example. 

Charles seems to have been a great healer.  It's an absolute delight to see, and it seems that air of unengaged sadness that enveloped her is gone.  Hopefully at some stage she'll get a stylist, because I think she's just not interested, and it would be great to see her in a wider range of engagements - should that be allowed.

I've long been inclined to think there was some mental struggle and she's had my sympathy.  It's only more recently that I've thought just how supportive Gui must have been and my opinion of him has soared.  I think in the right circumstances that Gui and Steph could be a real asset to Lux - slightly dorky, perhaps, but earnest and warm.
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: May 08, 2021, 10:15:45 PM »

Charles seems to have been a great healer. 

What a lovely thing to say and I agree. She has well they all have my sympathies if they are tip-toeing around MT which is deplorable that MT can be such a menace to others. I hope all the marriages have lots of love and stability to keep them going and give them all what they need to care for themselves as individuals. Money and social status don't solve all problems that is for sure.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: May 19, 2021, 12:27:02 PM »

Stephanie visited the photo exhibition "Enfin seules" (Alone at last) at MUDAM

anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: May 19, 2021, 04:17:58 PM »

Not loving that jacket - unflattering both in front and in back.

Iím really not sure who would look good in that, but it looks like something MT would wear.
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: May 19, 2021, 04:19:21 PM »

Not loving that jacket - unflattering both in front and in back.

Iím really not sure who would look good in that, but it looks like something MT would wear.

Yes probably one of her passed over clothes to family
Pulsatilla

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: May 19, 2021, 05:50:34 PM »

The colour of the jacket is ugly and as boring as her eternal visits to art expositions.
Gemsheal

Medium Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: May 19, 2021, 08:22:58 PM »

The colour of the jacket is ugly and as boring as her eternal visits to art expositions.

LOL Pulsatilla     I was thinking as I scrolled down to your comment:  "not another museum visit!?!"   Laugh bounce

"... luscious woodbine,
With sweet musk roses and with eglantine:
There sleeps Titania sometime of the night,
Lull'd in these flowers with dances and delight."

Shakespeare - A Midsummer Night's Dream
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: