Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess of Asturias Awards 2020  (Read 6770 times)
Zazoo

Small Member

Cyprus Cyprus

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2020, 05:53:05 PM »

I think Leonoreís coat is the same one that Kate wore a couple of weekís ago, but itís clearly too big for her.
IIRC, Leonor's plaid coat is Letizia's ..... help me confirm?

Kate made a "stylish appearance in a long plaid coat by Massimo Dutti when she traveled to the University of Derby."  Similar style, but different make.  https://news.yahoo.com/ka...-coat-knit-215900542.html

Letizia has something similar in plaid, but according to Vanitatis, Leonor's check coat is her own recent purchase:
"For the visit to the Exemplary Town of 2020, which this year fell to Somao, the Princess opted for a sober look wearing a new Springfield coat with a checkered print, a lapel collar, side pockets and button closure. A piece that is for sale on the firm's website for 59.99 euros. The first-born of the Kings combined it with a basic beige sweater, black pants and Carolina Herrera sneakers that she had previously worn."

Here is Leonor's coat: https://myspringfield.com..._8238553_color=96#start=1

(Leonor's coat is a mile too big with sleeves that need shortening. Sofia's pants are too short. Where is the seamstress? What's with the sneakers? Casual doesn't have to mean sloppy. And why the three matching ponytails? Is it the hairdresser's day off?)

I can' think of a single mum I know with teenage children who would think it ok to dress a teen in oversized clothes, clearly meant for an older person, for a public appearance. Is it that difficult to dress teens age appropriately with the resources F&L have access to? Leonor did well. Are cue cards dead?

Itís actually very stylish to ware an oversize coat nowadays. Iím not a seamstress but my grandma always said to me to check the shoulder to see if the jacket really fits. Leonors itís a bit bigger but considering that she still grows itís okay. As for the sleeves as someone that is rather short I always have this problem with fast fashion, excess of fabric on trousers and coats  Now days I modify only my work clothes or my formal . I thin its normal for parents to buy a size or to bigger for such a thing so the child will grow in them, at least in Cyprus it is. And yes they are rich and the can buy her one every year but I find it rather sustainable approach on their part   

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." ? Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2020, 07:07:48 PM »

I think Leonoreís coat is the same one that Kate wore a couple of weekís ago, but itís clearly too big for her.

Kate made a "stylish appearance in a long plaid coat by Massimo Dutti when she traveled to the University of Derby."  Similar style, but different make.  https://news.yahoo.com/ka...-coat-knit-215900542.html

Letizia has something similar in plaid, but according to Vanitatis, Leonor's check coat is her own recent purchase:
"For the visit to the Exemplary Town of 2020, which this year fell to Somao, the Princess opted for a sober look wearing a new Springfield coat with a checkered print, a lapel collar, side pockets and button closure. A piece that is for sale on the firm's website for 59.99 euros. The first-born of the Kings combined it with a basic beige sweater, black pants and Carolina Herrera sneakers that she had previously worn."

(Leonor's coat is a mile too big with sleeves that need shortening. Sofia's pants are too short. Where is the seamstress? What's with the sneakers? Casual doesn't have to mean sloppy. And why the three matching ponytails? Is it the hairdresser's day off?)

I can' think of a single mum I know with teenage children who would think it ok to dress a teen in oversized clothes, clearly meant for an older person, for a public appearance. Is it that difficult to dress teens age appropriately with the resources F&L have access to? Leonor did well. Are cue cards dead?

Itís actually very stylish to ware an oversize coat nowadays. Iím not a seamstress but my grandma always said to me to check the shoulder to see if the jacket really fits. Leonors itís a bit bigger but considering that she still grows itís okay. As for the sleeves as someone that is rather short I always have this problem with fast fashion, excess of fabric on trousers and coats  Now days I modify only my work clothes or my formal . I thin its normal for parents to buy a size or to bigger for such a thing so the child will grow in them, at least in Cyprus it is. And yes they are rich and the can buy her one every year but I find it rather sustainable approach on their part   

Mine too Zazoo!  I still measure the shoulder seam when I try on jackets and coats because my grandmother drummed it into my head. I will say that I like to wear them a little big in the shoulder in case I want to wear a heavy sweater.
maddie

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2020, 08:30:03 PM »

Wearing oversized clothes are considered to be stylish and trendy among the younger generation-- they try to obtain some sort of "aesthetic" (mainly clothes based from the early 2000s; like baggy jeans, oversized sweaters, basically anything considered oversized). White sneakers are also all the rage. IMO, Leonor's jacket wouldn't look as big if she wore Sofia's pants. The pants Leonor's wearing are a bit more tight-fitting, which give the effect of her jacket being extremely baggy.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: