Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess of Asturias Awards 2020  (Read 6026 times)
lula

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2020, 02:13:31 PM »

Tsarina

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2020, 02:43:48 PM »

I can’t believe Leonor is in heels, she’s really an adolescent and a young lady. Her beige/gold outfit and shoes look like something grandma Sofia would wear Thumb down

Little Sofia, why did they put her in that green monstrosity???! She looks like a little girl going to a princess party.

Leti, marvelous as usual Star

The white/floral dress and red dress worn by Leonor and Sofia are thoroughly more modern than were used to seeing. Cute. Finally.

I thought the same of Sofia and her dress - what an awful monstrosity.  I think both girls are at a very difficult age, they are teenagers, not yet young women but still having clear ideas what they want to wear and probably saying so.  Early teens and formal cocktail dresses do not mix well.

Same as Leonor.  She may be almost 15 but she's flat chested and hasn't yet developed curves.  She probably wants to look older but her lack of "curves" places her in a difficult position.

We need to be a bit gracious, royal or not, they are very young girls listening to their parents and family advice while still trying to make their own choices as teens.  

I usually like the way they dress, I feel like that’s not common here, I’ve often read complaints that they are dressed too young for their age.

I think the two dresses were uncharacteristic for them, Leonor is definitely trying to look mature, which is understandable in her position.

I wouldn’t mind seeing them in conservative outfits like they’ve worn in the past. It’s difficult enough to find appropriate formal choices for teens/preteens. I tried to find my niece a nice dress (she’s 12) and half the choices were bodycon Nerves and the other half would have looked better on someone half her age.

I think something like what Sofia wore to the awards ceremony last year (beige tweed dress) would look great on them, conservative but streamlined and modern.

They are still finding their own personal styles, there are bound to be bad choices.

The only thing I feel comfortable discussing about them are their clothing choices, and even so, respectfully. They are still kids, IMO commenting about any child’s perceived personality/attitude/attributes, royal or not, should be off limits or left to the professionals/adults in their lives.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 02:52:07 PM by Tsarina » Logged
Tsarina

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2020, 02:53:03 PM »

I like today’s casual looks. Is Sofia’s vest in style? It’s the only thing I had to do a double take with.
Mariola

Micro Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2020, 04:09:39 PM »

The colour of Leti's coat is so pretty. Felipe can find nice black jean, nice shirt, AWFUL old jacket and BROWN shoes?  Confused
Mariola

Micro Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2020, 04:14:14 PM »

Only Leti looks good  Sad
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2020, 04:33:30 PM »

Leti and Felipe look good.

I like the green on Sofia but the ensemble is very underwhelming.

Leonor’s outfit is one of the blah’est things, I’ve ever seen. Bland, washes her out and it’s granny’ish.  I legit hate that skirt. What a pity, she’s such a beautiful young woman (both sisters are).

Sofia the Elder... with a different shirt underneath the suit, it would have looked better. It needs something in a solid colour to make it less dizzying and to make it pop.

SvenskaSarah

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2020, 06:27:54 PM »

After all the controversy of Juan Carlos, it seems that Felipe and his family are proving a wonderful and much needed calm.
My heart jumped a little at seeing Leonor in heels! She is so mature I have to remind myself that she is still only 14! I really love Sofia's black pointy shoes too. They have a wonderful role model fashion-wise in their mother!

Felipe and Leti have done a wonderful job in raising their two girls. I like how calm Sofia seems too; she doesn't seem jealous of her elder sister in any way. I am sure she will be a wonderful support for Leonor throughout her life, especially so when Leo becomes Queen.

My only comment is..poor Sofia! The shape of the green dress is something you would put a pre-teen or younger in. It is clear that Sofia is developing into a young woman, perhaps at a quicker rate than Leonor, with her height shooting up and clearly her figure is starting to look more 'womanly' (I hope you don't mind me mentioning this, it feels wrong given her age). Perhaps if the waistline of the dress was a little lower and nearer the hips like Leonor's beige dress it may have looked better. Or a jumper to conceal the green spotty top may have helped. The green spots remind me of a swimming costume I had as a small child in the 90s, which may be clouding my judgement!

But they're still young girls, I imagine much of their inspiration for their engagement outfits come from Leti and Queen Sofia hence the maturity of their outfits such as Leonor's beige ensemble. In time they will find their own style as they become more comfortable within themselves and with the public roles they have. Certainly with Elisabeth of Belgium's first engagement outfits she had clear fashion inspiration/guidance from Mathilde.

I am hoping that in years to come the girls recycle some of Let's dresses for engagements and tiara events, how wonderful to revisit those dresses again!
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2020, 09:27:50 PM »

Thank you for all the lovely photos, Lula!  Star

Why is Sofìa the elder there?
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2020, 09:43:38 PM »

My only comment is..poor Sofia! The shape of the green dress is something you would put a pre-teen or younger in..... this, it feels wrong given her age). ....
ITA. Perhaps they will start wearing more structured, age-appropriate clothes in the future.

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2020, 09:44:18 PM »

Probably because it’s the only thing she knows how to do, wants to be supportive of her son and granddaughters, and needs or wants or has been asked to continue a role.

That’s my guess.
Tsarina

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2020, 09:46:52 PM »

My only comment is..poor Sofia! The shape of the green dress is something you would put a pre-teen or younger in..... this, it feels wrong given her age). ....
ITA. Perhaps they will start wearing more structured, age-appropriate clothes in the future.

She typically does, which is why the green dress was so puzzling. Also the simple braid at such an important event? At last year’s awards she wore a lovely and appropriate dress. None of it makes sense to me.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2020, 10:18:05 PM »

in the last pix Leti and gorls look like sisters   

Aubiette

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2020, 10:34:28 PM »

Good grief at the grandma dresses on the girls.
Mariola

Micro Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2020, 01:18:28 AM »

This dress on Leti is so nice - she wore it in London also.

Leonor's frills  Thumb down while the red on her sister is nice but the dress is maybe not a great choice as it looks utilitarian and not dressy when comparing to Leonor and Leti.

cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2020, 01:43:40 AM »

I hope Sofia isn’t jealous, at her age I would have wanted to be anywhere but at an event like this so maybe she feels sorry for Leonor
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: