Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess of Asturias Awards 2020  (Read 6755 times)
emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2020, 02:17:27 AM »

I think Leonore’s coat is the same one that Kate wore a couple of week’s ago, but it’s clearly too big for her.
periwinkle

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2020, 02:45:52 AM »

I feel like a broken record in this thread they are a lovely family with an impressive dedication to being upstanding leader citizens.
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2020, 08:49:01 AM »

Leo's dress at the PoA awards looked to be taken out of her grandma(Sofia)'s closet  Laughing. Sofia Jr's outfit was horrible too. Leti had a stylist who should have come back from the maternity leave, why not put her to work instead ? Even if the girls prefer a certain style clothes, I'm sure the stylist would have put together much better outfits with different colors/fabrics, a little twist to suit their age.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2020, 06:12:32 PM »

I hope Sofia isn’t jealous, at her age I would have wanted to be anywhere but at an event like this so maybe she feels sorry for Leonor

I think royal offspring are trained for this. They don't know anything else and most likely think it's normal.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2020, 06:36:16 PM »

I hope Sofia isn’t jealous, at her age I would have wanted to be anywhere but at an event like this so maybe she feels sorry for Leonor

I think royal offspring are trained for this. They don't know anything else and most likely think it's normal.

Yes I agree, but I remember Princess Margaret saying “poor you” to a Princess Elizabeth after confirmation that she was the heir. Maybe it’s the same here?  Leo is lucky to have a (hopefully) supportive sister.
SvenskaSarah

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2020, 06:44:43 PM »

When I first saw the frilly dress on Leonor, I thought it was a variation of one of Vic's dresses!

I imagine there is a relief from most royal siblings when they realise the very regimented life their elder/male sibling will lead. I don't recall too many occasions of jealousy, even from Carl Philip, but please feel free to remind me or educate me of some examples!
Tsarina

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2020, 06:48:17 PM »

Leo and Sofia are so far by all accounts very close. Leo even mentioned her sister in her speech.
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2020, 07:21:20 PM »

I think Harry has jealousy of William.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2020, 07:29:38 PM »

Yes I agree, but I remember Princess Margaret saying “poor you” to a Princess Elizabeth after confirmation that she was the heir. Maybe it’s the same here?  Leo is lucky to have a (hopefully) supportive sister.

I think with Elizabeth and Margaret it was different. Didn't Margaret also once mention that her grandmother Queen Mary hated children, save for Elizabeth, because she was the heir?

Seems a very toxic environment to grow up in for me.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2020, 08:28:20 PM »

I think with Elizabeth and Margaret it was different. Didn't Margaret also once mention that her grandmother Queen Mary hated children, save for Elizabeth, because she was the heir?

It probably was at the grandparent level (similar to Spain maybe?), but Bertie and Elizabeth seemed to be much better parents than George and Mary.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2020, 08:35:52 PM »

Yes I agree, but I remember Princess Margaret saying “poor you” to a Princess Elizabeth after confirmation that she was the heir. Maybe it’s the same here?  Leo is lucky to have a (hopefully) supportive sister.

It probably was at the grandparent level (similar to Spain maybe?), but Bertie and Elizabeth seemed to be much better parents than George and Mary.

They sure were as mother and father, but they failed to each their offspring what is important about royal life. Well Elizabeth still learnt it some way.

As to Spain: Beginning with King Alfonso and his Queen Ena, until Felipe and Leti there didn't seem to be any real family life (for different reasons). Which is a tragic, because how shall children learn to cope with problems, if they only get to hear: Your mother is at fault or you're the heir - suck it and shut up?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 09:12:46 PM by Kristallinchen » Logged
Royal Me!

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2020, 09:07:15 PM »

IIRC, Leonor's plaid coat is Letizia's ..... help me confirm?
Royal Di

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2020, 12:21:47 AM »

I think Leonore’s coat is the same one that Kate wore a couple of week’s ago, but it’s clearly too big for her.

Kate made a "stylish appearance in a long plaid coat by Massimo Dutti when she traveled to the University of Derby."  Similar style, but different make.  https://news.yahoo.com/ka...-coat-knit-215900542.html

Letizia has something similar in plaid, but according to Vanitatis, Leonor's check coat is her own recent purchase:
"For the visit to the Exemplary Town of 2020, which this year fell to Somao, the Princess opted for a sober look wearing a new Springfield coat with a checkered print, a lapel collar, side pockets and button closure. A piece that is for sale on the firm's website for 59.99 euros. The first-born of the Kings combined it with a basic beige sweater, black pants and Carolina Herrera sneakers that she had previously worn."

Here is Leonor's coat: https://myspringfield.com..._8238553_color=96#start=1

(Leonor's coat is a mile too big with sleeves that need shortening. Sofia's pants are too short. Where is the seamstress? What's with the sneakers? Casual doesn't have to mean sloppy. And why the three matching ponytails? Is it the hairdresser's day off?)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2020, 04:23:49 AM »

Below are the 2 videos of the celebrations:

VIDEO 1 - Speech in front of the citizens of Somao Villeage

VIDEO 2 - 2020 Princess of Asturias Awards ceremony

For more than four minutes, Leonor from Spain delivers a speech of unity and solidarity. The princess addresses the younger generation in particular: "If there is anything that my sister Sofía and I have learned, it is a sense of responsibility. Our parents have always taught us that. And I think that young people of my generation are also aware of this. "

Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2020, 05:55:23 AM »

Kate made a "stylish appearance in a long plaid coat by Massimo Dutti when she traveled to the University of Derby."  Similar style, but different make.  https://news.yahoo.com/ka...-coat-knit-215900542.html

Letizia has something similar in plaid, but according to Vanitatis, Leonor's check coat is her own recent purchase:
"For the visit to the Exemplary Town of 2020, which this year fell to Somao, the Princess opted for a sober look wearing a new Springfield coat with a checkered print, a lapel collar, side pockets and button closure. A piece that is for sale on the firm's website for 59.99 euros. The first-born of the Kings combined it with a basic beige sweater, black pants and Carolina Herrera sneakers that she had previously worn."

Here is Leonor's coat: https://myspringfield.com..._8238553_color=96#start=1

(Leonor's coat is a mile too big with sleeves that need shortening. Sofia's pants are too short. Where is the seamstress? What's with the sneakers? Casual doesn't have to mean sloppy. And why the three matching ponytails? Is it the hairdresser's day off?)

I can' think of a single mum I know with teenage children who would think it ok to dress a teen in oversized clothes, clearly meant for an older person, for a public appearance. Is it that difficult to dress teens age appropriately with the resources F&L have access to? Leonor did well. Are cue cards dead?

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: