Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oman Royals: News and Pictures  (Read 14517 times)
desertrose

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2021, 09:38:55 PM »

Under the new Omani constitution, the eldest son of Sultan Haitham bin Tariq His Highness Sayyid Dhi Yazan bin Haitham bin Tariq Al Said (31 years) became the Crown Prince of Oman, and the throne would pass after him to his eldest son and then to the oldest son of that son, and so on, respectively.
Sayyid Dhi Yazan Al Said is the first Crown Prince of the Sultanate of Oman in its modern history and is currently the Minister of Culture, Sports & Youth in the Omani government.

Interesting, thanks for sharing Smiley Is the new CP married?
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2021, 12:11:27 AM »

Under the new Omani constitution, the eldest son of Sultan Haitham bin Tariq His Highness Sayyid Dhi Yazan bin Haitham bin Tariq Al Said (31 years) became the Crown Prince of Oman, and the throne would pass after him to his eldest son and then to the oldest son of that son, and so on, respectively.
Sayyid Dhi Yazan Al Said is the first Crown Prince of the Sultanate of Oman in its modern history and is currently the Minister of Culture, Sports & Youth in the Omani government.

Sorry for my ignorance, but that means that the current Sultan chooses his successor? So the eldest son isn't automatically the Crownprince?
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2021, 01:23:10 AM »

Sorry for my ignorance, but that means that the current Sultan chooses his successor? So the eldest son isn't automatically the Crownprince?

If I’m understanding correctly it JUST changed to a hereditary succession specifically agnatic primogeniture (men in male lines only).

I’m not sure if either the now Crown a prince or his younger brother are married by their still young (31 and mid-20s) so they have plenty of time.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2021, 07:30:24 PM »

The new reforms make the older son automatically the CP not by appointement but by law,before  there was no sush thing and the Sulatn  can chose any male member of his family (not necessary his son)

Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2021, 10:46:29 AM »

The new reforms make the older son automatically the CP not by appointement but by law,before  there was no sush thing and the Sulatn  can chose any male member of his family (not necessary his son)

Thank you for the explanation. Star Thumb up
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2021, 10:12:25 PM »

Thank you for the explanation. Star Thumb up
Welcome  Hug

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2021, 08:38:04 PM »

Engagement of Oman Crown Prince
https://www.instagram.com...Bn7g/?igshid=m5bzu37k7ta9

Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2021, 08:53:10 PM »

Wait a minute...aren't they first cousins?  I know that's more prevalent in various parts of the world but it's still weird in my book.
desertrose

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2021, 12:47:18 AM »

Wait a minute...aren't they first cousins?  I know that's more prevalent in various parts of the world but it's still weird in my book.

They are double first cousins:

http://arabianroyalagency...n-bin-haitham-is-engaged/
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2021, 10:15:23 AM »

Keep the power circle even more tie  Smiley

leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2021, 01:18:11 PM »

What power-hunger and greed has joined together let no genetic diversity tear asunder.
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2021, 02:29:43 PM »

What power-hunger and greed has joined together let no genetic diversity tear asunder.

Guess it is traditional there but Id be concerned about genetics...
Lievre

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2021, 04:50:51 PM »

It reminds me of the Habsburgs.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2021, 06:59:05 PM »

Laugh bounce Star Very well said.

Airlie (not the Countess)

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2021, 09:46:11 PM »

It does seem to be traditional there from what I can tell and it's not like anyone gets the opportunity to mix with the opposite sex outside of family. But double cousins? That would be a little concerning for me. I hope they consulted a good geneticist at least.

I imagine that there are a lot of other cousin marriages involved in their family tree so they might end up sharing more than the usual max DNA for double cousins as well.

I understand it's cultural as well as practical in keeping all the power and wealth to as tight a circle as possible but it just doesn't seem wise. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: