Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oman Royals: News and Pictures  (Read 14489 times)
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2021, 01:18:15 AM »

Wait a minute...aren't they first cousins?  I know that's more prevalent in various parts of the world but it's still weird in my book.

They are double first cousins:

http://arabianroyalagency...n-bin-haitham-is-engaged/
That's a little scary. My grandfather and his brother married my grandmother and her sister in 1922 Ireland, producing quite a few double first cousins. I cannot imagine children of those two marriages intermarrying.
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2021, 03:32:15 PM »

Well, just look at the Scandinavian royals.  Haakon and Maud.  Ingeborg and Carl.  Their children Olav and Martha were related in so.many.ways.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2021, 07:46:52 PM »

It does seem to be traditional there from what I can tell and it's not like anyone gets the opportunity to mix with the opposite sex outside of family. But double cousins? That would be a little concerning for me. I hope they consulted a good geneticist at least.

I imagine that there are a lot of other cousin marriages involved in their family tree so they might end up sharing more than the usual max DNA for double cousins as well.

I understand it's cultural as well as practical in keeping all the power and wealth to as tight a circle as possible but it just doesn't seem wise. 
if i am not mistaken these kind of medical tests are required in some Gulf states like UEA ,but not sure of Oman

Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2021, 02:30:21 PM »

It does seem to be traditional there from what I can tell and it's not like anyone gets the opportunity to mix with the opposite sex outside of family. But double cousins? That would be a little concerning for me. I hope they consulted a good geneticist at least.

I imagine that there are a lot of other cousin marriages involved in their family tree so they might end up sharing more than the usual max DNA for double cousins as well.

I understand it's cultural as well as practical in keeping all the power and wealth to as tight a circle as possible but it just doesn't seem wise.  
if i am not mistaken these kind of medical tests are required in some Gulf states like UEA ,but not sure of Oman

Do you know, if they still practice the thing of the bride a) having to prove she's still a virgin and b) having to prove that she can have children? (not specifically in Oman, but generally in the Arabic royal world. I would imagine there're differences in the various Arabic vountries)

I know this was common in European countries as well.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2021, 09:17:02 PM »

Do you know, if they still practice the thing of the bride a) having to prove she's still a virgin and b) having to prove that she can have children? (not specifically in Oman, but generally in the Arabic royal world. I would imagine there're differences in the various Arabic vountries)

Tests prove that the bride can have children is more likely,yes...in the end for a crown prince his first dutie is to provide a heir and continuty of the dynasty and i gues it's the common thing in the world of dynasties worldwild.

The rest i din't think so,of cours there are difference between countries but even in gulf royalties it's not weird or uncommon that a princess/sheikha could have a boyfriend before her marriage. Some sheikhas really live la vida loca
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 10:18:20 PM by Rita » Logged

Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2021, 09:54:19 PM »

Tests prove that the bride can have children is more likely,yes...in the end for a crown prince his first dutie is to provide a heir and continuty of the dynasty and i gues it's the common thing in the world of dynasties worldwild.

The rest i din't think so,of cours there are difference between countries but even in gulf royalties it's not weird or uncommon that a princess/sheikha could have a boyfriend before her marriage. Some sheikhas really lives la vida loca

Thank you. And yes some of them come across as very "westerly" Star
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2021, 10:19:28 PM »

The rest i din't think so,of cours there are difference between countries but even in gulf royalties it's not weird or uncommon that a princess/sheikha could have a boyfriend before her marriage. Some sheikhas really lives la vida loca

Thank you. And yes some of them come across as very "westerly" Star
Welcome  Star

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2021, 08:21:21 PM »

Earlier this month HM Sayyida Ahad, wife of Sultan of Oman received Hind a cancer Fighter who wished to meet Her Majesty.
Sadly a couple of weeks later it was announced the passing of Hind  (May she rest in peace)

Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2021, 08:36:04 PM »

That's so sad. I hope the parents and all relatives/friends of the girl will find peace.

I'm happy that her wish was fulfilled. What a beautiful girl she was and what gorgeous dress she had.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 08:49:15 PM by Kristallinchen » Logged
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2021, 04:14:33 PM »

That's so sad. I hope the parents and all relatives/friends of the girl will find peace.

I'm happy that her wish was fulfilled. What a beautiful girl she was and what gorgeous dress she had.

I agree - so very tragic.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2021, 09:21:13 PM »

New Portraits of HM Sayyida Ahad bint Abdullah bin Hamad Al Busaidi, wife of Sultan of Oman was released by the palace.

Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2021, 09:26:34 PM »

What a beautiful shade of green. She looks very regal. Nice to see these kinds of pictures coming out of Oman. So many years with Qaboos who didn't have a queen (what do you call a Sultan's wife?), this is a nice change.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 09:32:11 PM by Lille » Logged
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2021, 09:43:33 PM »

What a beautiful shade of green. She looks very regal. Nice to see these kinds of pictures coming out of Oman. So many years with Qaboos who didn't have a queen (what do you call a Sultan's wife?), this is a nice change.
Her husband is a Sultan what makes her Sultana she is not called a Sulatan as i notice but she is styled as her magesty anyway

Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2021, 10:48:25 PM »

Is Sultana not the address of the daughters of a Sultan? I know there are many in the Arab world who use Sultana as a first name. But the actual title is for the Sultan's daughter.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2021, 01:33:26 AM »

Is Sultana not the address of the daughters of a Sultan? I know there are many in the Arab world who use Sultana as a first name. But the actual title is for the Sultan's daughter.
i think this is the traditon in the ottaman dynasty,i never come across an arabic dynasty old or new that the Sultan daugther is called Sulatana however some of the wives did hold that title..
Sultana or Sultan yes it's also a commun name in the arab word but as i said never a daugther of a Sulatan was a styled as Sultana unless she took the throne like Sultana Radia but then that was in India and not the Arab world.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: