Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Navigating Holidays During COVID  (Read 1166 times)
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2020, 02:45:54 PM »

We have a big family and usually all get together, this year we're just staying within our immediate family groups.  It'll be weird but hopefully it'll keep us all safe and healthy so next year we won't be missing anyone around the table. 

My cousin and I do Thanksgiving and our other cousin does Xmas.  We have the biggest houses and like to cook.  Our parents have all passed but we work to keep the big family traditions going.  I'm an only child  and so is my cousin, so this year it's just us, her daughter, her husband and his mother.  I'll really miss the big Xmas party but no way would I be comfortable with 70 or so people even if they are my nearest and dearest. 

We were discussing the menu and we were off and running when we realized instead of 30+ we only had to do for 7 or 8.  No need for 2 turkey's and a ham along with a dozen or more side dishes....but wait what to cut  Yikes  we gotta have mayemaye's holiday salad and my mom's cranberry salsa,  mashed potatoes or mac/cheese, mexicali corn or hashbrown casserole, green beans or broccolli, yams or brussell sprouts....the mind reels.  Such 1st world problems, sure shows how much I have to be thankful for. 

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Aubiette

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2020, 04:25:52 PM »

I live alone on the East Coast of the US.  My parents are dead and I only have a brother living out West , a niece in DC, and an aunt in the South East.  I will be alone, for better or worse, with my dog.  Will not risk getting sick as I am high risk due to diabetes.  Feel like I am in a dystopian novel this year .

Oh Esther Iím sorry. I know how it feels to have very little family. I only have my Aunt who lives here and a cousin in Kentucky left. Itís a lonely feeling.  Iím married though so I have hubby. Iím glad youíre being cautious with diabetes.
 Hug
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2020, 04:58:18 PM »

I'm going to do what I usually do --spend more time with my dog.  However, just because I live alone doesn't mean I'm going to skip a good meal.  I'm planning a four-course Thanksgiving meal and at least three-course for Christmas (harder to do a full spread because it's on a Friday this year and I don't eat meat on Fridays).  I already have a few Christmas presents for myself, and I have a few more to get for us.  I plan to have a jolly time!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: