Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sir Sean Connery passed away  (Read 1027 times)
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« on: October 31, 2020, 01:35:33 PM »

https://www.bbc.com/news/...tertainment-arts-54761824

The very first James Bond. So sad. He was 90.

Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 01:39:02 PM »

Thatí so sad!! 💔 May he rest in peace!

Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 02:01:47 PM »

Considering he defended his ideas about beating women, I can't be too terribly sad though it must be sad for his family.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
fruela

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2020, 02:08:26 PM »

Considering he defended his ideas about beating women, I can't be too terribly sad though it must be sad for his family.
Considering he evaded taxes...
LittleThunder

Gigantic Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2020, 02:11:46 PM »

https://www.independent.c...-bond-actor-b1477113.html
RIP.

He sure had some charisma, sass and charm. He used to get away with anything, and that was another time period.  I was never a fan of him (his words about women...  Dead ) or the James Bond franchise, but he portrayed the role well. My best memory (as a actor) is as Indiana Jones' father. Even that role had a few cringey moments...   Sweating

I wonder if Scotland officials will pay tribute publicly since he was an activist for Scotland independence ?  Thinking

Considering he evaded taxes...
This article says he lived in the Bahamas. I didn't know that.

https://www.warwickdailyn...nnery-dead-at-90/4130365/

He retired from acting in 2006, and in recent years had largely become a recluse, rarely leaving a gated community in the Bahamas where he lived with his second wife Micheline Roquebrune.

He celebrated his 90th birthday in August, when he was spotted in public for the first time in three years looking cheerful as he enjoyed a round of golf.

"It's all set up for him there, all his needs are covered in the Bahamas," a source told The Sun at the time.

"He doesn't venture out of Lyford Cay much and has people visit him instead. He has become a bit of a recluse."

Prior to August the last time he had been seen in public was in New York in 2017, when he was seen needing a walking stick.

More to come.

Lady Alice

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2020, 03:05:26 PM »

He'd already done the first few Bondsh before I was even born, but his career blosshomed again while I was in high school in the 80sh. Even ash a mature man, he was HAWT to young me. Whatever failingsh he had - and there were sheveral - he had a charmed career and was a pleasure to watch.

RIP Sean.

Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2020, 03:23:44 PM »

That was my first thought, too.
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2020, 03:30:30 PM »

I thought he was good in The Longest Day (playing a buddy of the "manager" from A Hard Day's Night).
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Amaryllis Flamenco Queen

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2020, 04:20:35 PM »

He'd already done the first few Bondsh before I was even born, but his career blosshomed again while I was in high school in the 80sh. Even ash a mature man, he was HAWT to young me. Whatever failingsh he had - and there were sheveral - he had a charmed career and was a pleasure to watch.

RIP Sean.

Whatever else, he will always be the ultimate James Bond to me. Rest in peace.

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."  Theodore Roosevelt
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2020, 11:09:13 PM »

A friend of mine is a golf pro at Lyford Cay where Sean C lived, and played golf with him almost every day. She said he was a lovely man, personally. But he had been suffering from dementia for 5-6 years.
Athena

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2020, 02:54:53 AM »

Definitely the definitive Bond to me. Splendid acting in his many roles. RIP.  Champagne
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2020, 10:51:08 AM »

RIP Sean Connery
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2020, 10:59:01 AM »

I think he was a good actor who was in many really great movies. He could be very charming and seems to have been very nice towards many people. Apparently he also had it in him to not be very nice at all which equally belongs in the picture that is - was - Sean Connery.

I have gone cold on cancel culture which for some reason struck a low point for me on the exact same day as he passed on. He did good, he did bad, he was human.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Amaryllis Flamenco Queen

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2020, 03:25:11 PM »

I think he was a good actor who was in many really great movies. He could be very charming and seems to have been very nice towards many people. Apparently he also had it in him to not be very nice at all which equally belongs in the picture that is - was - Sean Connery.

I have gone cold on cancel culture which for some reason struck a low point for me on the exact same day as he passed on. He did good, he did bad, he was human.

Star

Exactly.

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."  Theodore Roosevelt
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2020, 04:07:08 PM »

Very true. Iím so numb to it that it would take Cosby/York level actions where innocent people were hurt for me to actively dislike someone.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: