Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.


Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Attack in Austrian capital Vienna  (Read 659 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member
*

Reputation: 1910

Offline Offline

Netherlands Netherlands

Posts: 27070


I am the Queen




Ignore
« on: November 03, 2020, 11:22:32 AM »

Vienna was startled by a terrorist attack on Monday evening. Perpetrators opened fire in six different places.

https://wien.orf.at/stories/3074200/
Logged
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member
************

Reputation: 2425

Offline Offline

Samoa Samoa

Posts: 13082





Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2020, 12:09:11 PM »

Vienna was startled by a terrorist attack on Monday evening. Perpetrators opened fire in six different places.

https://wien.orf.at/stories/3074200/

Letís please, please, not get inured to these atrocities and fail to feel them deeply.
Logged
Principessa

Most Exalted Member
*

Reputation: 1910

Offline Offline

Netherlands Netherlands

Posts: 27070


I am the Queen




Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2020, 12:44:57 PM »

Vienna was startled by a terrorist attack on Monday evening. Perpetrators opened fire in six different places.

https://wien.orf.at/stories/3074200/

Letís please, please, not get inured to these atrocities and fail to feel them deeply.

Personally I was shocked yesterday evening when I heard the first news report (in Dutch media) about the attack.
Who had expected this one?

Logged
Principessa

Most Exalted Member
*

Reputation: 1910

Offline Offline

Netherlands Netherlands

Posts: 27070


I am the Queen




Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2020, 12:48:36 PM »

https://www.nu.nl/buitenl...ervroegd-vrijgelaten.html

The man shot dead, who is responsible for the terrorist attack in Vienna with several others, has previously been convicted of terrorism, Austrian minister Karl Nehammer (Interior) said on Tuesday. Various acquaintances of the terrorist have been arrested, a total of fifteen homes have been searched.

It is not clear how many suspects are now in detention. The police report that they are still looking for one fugitive, so the people of Vienna have been asked to stay at home. Schools are closed and the army has been deployed to guard the city.

According to Nehammer, the murdered attacker was a 20-year-old man who was sentenced to 22 months in prison in April 2019 for wanting to join the Islamic State (IS) and was paroled in early December. The terrorist was a citizen of both Austria and North Macedonia.

The Austrian newspaper Falter reports that the man wanted to fight in Syria and was therefore being watched by intelligence services. Authorities assumed a radical Islamic motive a few hours after the attack.

Chancellor shares information about fatalities
Chancellor Sebastian Kurz shared more information about the four fatalities during a press moment. An elderly man and woman, a young passer-by and a waitress were shot on Monday night, Kurz said.

He fears that the death toll could rise further: there are still seventeen victims in the hospital, seven of whom are in critical condition.

In Austria, a minute of silence was held all over the country at noon, and the flag is at half mast at government buildings. Kurz also announced three days of national mourning. The Chancellor stressed that "the revolting act of terrorism" should not create friction between Muslims and Christians. "This is a dispute between those who want peace and the few who want war."



Logged
Principessa

Most Exalted Member
*

Reputation: 1910

Offline Offline

Netherlands Netherlands

Posts: 27070


I am the Queen




Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2020, 04:08:47 PM »

https://nos.nl/artikel/23...veertien-mensen-vast.html

Presumably one attacker in Vienna, fourteen people in custody

Several people were arrested after last night's attack in Vienna. Fourteen people are now detained. Exactly what they are suspected of has not yet been disclosed. Police assume there was one gunman, a 20-year-old man with an Austrian and North Macedonian passport who was a supporter of the Islamic terror group IS. The people who are now detained all come from the circle of the perpetrator.

A total of nineteen searches were carried out in homes in Vienna, Linz and St. PŲlten.

Yesterday, according to the police, the attacker was 'disabled' nine minutes after the first shots. Based on all the videos of the attack that the police received from bystanders, it is no longer assumed that there are more perpetrators.

Six different places
The Muslim extremist opened fire on the nightlife crowd around 8 p.m. Four civilians were killed, two men and two women. In the nine minutes before he was shot, he had struck six different places. In total 22 are injured. A police officer was also injured, he is out of danger.

The culprit was carrying an automatic firearm, a pistol and a machete. He also wore a fake bomb belt. According to Interior Minister Nehammer, the man had posted a photo on his Instagram account in which he can be seen with two weapons. It is suspected that they were used in the attack last night.

The police previously managed to prevent this man from leaving for Syria to join IS. He was convicted of participating in a terrorist organization. The man was jailed for 22 months in April last year, but was released on parole in early December. His young age played a role in this. Further details on that conviction and release have not been given.
Logged
genegal43

Huge Member
********

Reputation: 576

Offline Offline

Posts: 2657


All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...




Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2020, 06:25:42 PM »

I was surprised to see what happened when I saw it on Twitter!
Logged

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to: