Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Covid Vaccinations  (Read 10455 times)
LucyintheSky

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: December 23, 2020, 06:04:53 AM »

Thanks LL and AB
It was actually the smoothest jab and I had in a while. Absolutely no side effects. Besides my blood pressure skyrocketing with all my what ifs stresses leading to it- Today I actually feel a like a weight has been lifted off me.. I got the shot yesterday. If anyone got the flu shot this year and your arm hurt, or you may have gotten side effects- this shot was literally in and out. Only side effect is happiness and satisfaction to know were all  building  herd immunity, one by one
And we are watching out for one another
I know I sound sappy but itís the truth

Remember you are just an extra in everyone else's play. Franklin D. Roosevelt
http://stream1.gifsoup.co...imatedgifs3/4465009_o.gif
LucyintheSky

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: December 23, 2020, 06:21:33 AM »

I got the Pfizer vaccine Dec 16.  The exact same day my cousin died of COVID.  I am a physician in a hospital and am exposed Daily.

The vaccine didnít hurt nearly as much as the flu shot.  The only side effects I had within 4 hours were a small headache and fatigue.  Ibuprofen took care of that.

The 2nd one is supposed to be much worse with SE.  I have already taken the next day off. 
I donít care about SE: anything is better than getting COVID .  And I feel it is my duty as a physician to take the vaccine so I can truthfully advise my patients, friends and family.

Sů sorry for your loss.
Thank you for explaining why you took this vaccine  ⭐️

Remember you are just an extra in everyone else's play. Franklin D. Roosevelt
http://stream1.gifsoup.co...imatedgifs3/4465009_o.gif
luvcharles

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: December 23, 2020, 06:47:33 AM »

Good luck to all of you who have had the shot. I believe I won't be getting one until around September due to my age and health I am down the list in Australia who hasn't approved any vaccine yet and even when we do, assuming we do, we won't start rolling out a vaccine until March. We will, as a result have more information about side effects but will continue to keep our borders closed until the majority of the country is vaccinated.
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: December 23, 2020, 07:10:11 AM »

My DD had her first shot today, she said her arm was a little tender but that was it. One of the doctors she works with said he felt really tired the day after and stayed in bed all day. She has tomorrow off from work so if she is feeling anything she can take it easy. She was among the first in our area to get one because her exposure is so high. I'm very relieved she's gotten it.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Amaryllis Flamenco Queen

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: December 28, 2020, 06:58:07 PM »

Novavaxís COVID vaccine to be studied in the US:

https://www.cleveland.com...be-studied-in-the-us.html

The candidate made by Novavax Inc. is the fifth to reach final-stage testing in the U.S. Some 30,000 volunteers are needed to prove if this vaccine Ė a different kind than its Pfizer and Moderna competitors Ė really works and is safe.

The study, which is funded by the U.S. government, is open to all adults but will focus on high-risk older adults and volunteers from Black and Hispanic communities who have been hard-hit by the virus. Two-thirds of volunteers will receive the vaccine and the rest will get dummy shots.

The Novavax candidate uses lab-grown harmless copies of the spike protein that coats the coronavirus to train the body to recognize if the real virus comes along. The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines instead use a newer technology, injecting the genetic code for that protein.

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."  Theodore Roosevelt
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: December 29, 2020, 04:18:39 AM »

I will take the vaccine the second it's available to me.   The Duke of Verona's assistant was diagnosed today.   She barely been out since March as she lives in New Rochelle, NY, the original hot spot.  She's in a high risk group, so everyone  please cross fingers for her.  The Duke himself has only set foot in the office thrice since March, only on  a Sunday when NO ONE is there, to pick up necessary packages....thank goodness. Even so in a building of 10,000, just imagining how many people pushed the elevator button in any given week is enough to keep you out of there.
Hermione

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: December 29, 2020, 05:49:21 AM »

I heard on the radio this morning that Spain will register anyone who refuses to take the vaccine, although the vaccine won't be mandatory. This is insane. I don't like the direction this is going with anyone not getting the shot being treated like a "criminal".
luvcharles

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: December 29, 2020, 06:01:44 AM »

The Australian media are reporting that WHO are saying that even if you have the vaccine it won't stop the need to quarantine for returning travellers. As Aussies aren't allowed to leave Australia and we do have a strict 14 day quarantine for any returning Aussies as it is this would really damage international travel into and out of Australia as the hotels would be needed for quarantining Aussies coming back from their overseas trips (whether holidays, to visit family or for business) as well as anyone coming into the country. I assumed that once a person was able to prove they had been vaccinated that they wouldn't need to quarantine.

Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: December 29, 2020, 06:09:53 AM »

Completely insane but it shows that governments want to keep this going indefinitely.

WHO is in China's pocket.

I expect you won't be able to participate in everyday life unless you're vaccinated. I'm super pro-vax, but even more pro-freaking civil liberties and human rights.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: December 29, 2020, 10:26:38 AM »

I am not quite as pessimistic as Ellie, but the lockdowns will continue for a while IMO simply because it will be far more difficult to vaccinate the entire population then the optimistic hopers believed.
Europe has started vaccinating last weekend. With a fraction of the doses available for everyone, we hope that by the end of current supply we have safely vaccinated all the 100+yo patients.  Crazy
Government has given us a guideline as to who will be in the first 6 groups, and how many doses they expect to be available in the next 6 months: that will not even cover 20% of the population ( and will not even cover any percentage of the active/ mobile/working population - as the "healthy younger and professional pop will not be considered until at least late summer) so we will need to keep the lockdowns in place.
However there are no restrictions on immigration or entry. Even while everybody was in shock about a mutated virus from Britain and we watched pictures of stranded lorry drivers at the channel, planes with regular passengers from Britain arrived ....and tested positive.
Looking out of my window at 6pm (when it is pitchdark! and all the windows around me should be lit, as everybody should be home - shows me that apparently some of my neighbours have a different "home" they repaired to. So with all hotels and pensions closed and people restricted in their vacation plans - where is everybody?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: December 29, 2020, 12:38:58 PM »

I am not quite as pessimistic as Ellie, but the lockdowns will continue for a while IMO simply because it will be far more difficult to vaccinate the entire population then the optimistic hopers believed.
Europe has started vaccinating last weekend. With a fraction of the doses available for everyone, we hope that by the end of current supply we have safely vaccinated all the 100+yo patients.  Crazy
Government has given us a guideline as to who will be in the first 6 groups, and how many doses they expect to be available in the next 6 months: that will not even cover 20% of the population ( and will not even cover any percentage of the active/ mobile/working population - as the "healthy younger and professional pop will not be considered until at least late summer) so we will need to keep the lockdowns in place.
However there are no restrictions on immigration or entry. Even while everybody was in shock about a mutated virus from Britain and we watched pictures of stranded lorry drivers at the channel, planes with regular passengers from Britain arrived ....and tested positive.
Looking out of my window at 6pm (when it is pitchdark! and all the windows around me should be lit, as everybody should be home - shows me that apparently some of my neighbours have a different "home" they repaired to. So with all hotels and pensions closed and people restricted in their vacation plans - where is everybody?

These days the first batches of Pfizer vaccines arrived in the Netherlands. They didn't wanted to disclose the exact storage location, but they mentioned Oss. Which sounds logical. Oss was the location of the former Dutch pharmaceutical firm Organon. Several years back parts of this firm were taken over bij MSD and or became stand alone companies. They will have the knowledge over there to properly store the vaccins. https://en.wikipedia.org/...iki/Organon_International

Apparently the Netherlands are the last ones to start with vaccination (or one of the last ones). The start will be January 8, and for specific groups (medical workers and such).

Aubiette

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: December 29, 2020, 11:58:35 PM »

I got the first Moderna vaccine today. 2nd one in 4 weeks. Unfortunately hubby tested positive last night so Iím probably screwed. People at his work have been getting it so instead of me, the nurse working with Covid pts, bringing it home to him, he has brought it home to me. Iím careful. He has not been, and not just at work.  So far he just feels lousy so Iím allowed to be pissed off at this point right?  Real mad
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Amaryllis Flamenco Queen

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: December 30, 2020, 12:46:25 AM »

I got the first Moderna vaccine today. 2nd one in 4 weeks. Unfortunately hubby tested positive last night so Iím probably screwed. People at his work have been getting it so instead of me, the nurse working with Covid pts, bringing it home to him, he has brought it home to me. Iím careful. He has not been, and not just at work.  So far he just feels lousy so Iím allowed to be pissed off at this point right?  Real mad

Yes, you are.  Hug

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."  Theodore Roosevelt
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: December 30, 2020, 03:19:46 AM »

Yes, you are.  Hug

Give him hell, once he feels better.  Hug
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: January 01, 2021, 08:45:15 PM »

I want to write that I am stunned that someone would do this. In retrospect, considering all the anti-social, anti-civic and evil activities during this past year, this should have been expected.  Crap

Washington Post
Dec. 31, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. CST

A pharmacist accused of deliberately spoiling more than 500 doses of coronavirus vaccine at a hospital outside Milwaukee was arrested Thursday afternoon, local authorities said.

Police in Grafton, Wis., arrested the unnamed man on recommended charges of first-degree recklessly endangering safety, adulterating a prescription drug and criminal damage to property. He is being held in the county jail, according to a statement from the police department.

...The estimated value of the doses, which authorities said totaled as much as $11,000, pales in comparison to the protection they might have offered to health-care workers on the front lines of the intensifying pandemic.

...The pharmacist was dismissed earlier this week by the health-care system, [name omitted]. And authorities said he admitted in writing that he had removed 57 vaccine vials ďknowing that if not properly stored the vaccine would be ineffective.Ē

...Each vial has enough for 10 vaccinations but can remain at room temperature for only 12 hours and, once thawed, cannot be refrozen.

...On Wednesday, the health system announced its finding that the act was intentional. And on Thursday, [health system] leaders said the vials had been removed not once but twice, raising doubts about the effectiveness of the several dozen shots administered Saturday.

...The person, he added, also admitted to removing and returning the vaccine to refrigeration the previous night, Christmas Eve.

That acknowledgment, he said, made clear that the nearly five dozen people who received shots on Dec. 26 may not gain full protection.

...Tara C. Smith, an epidemiologist at Kent State University and an authority on antipathy toward vaccines, said the incident will prompt medical providers to reassess who has access to the shots, even among their own employees.

---Excerpted from an article in the Washington Post newspaper. Full article at:
www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/12/31/covid-vaccines-destroyed-wisconsin-hospital/

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Spacetime tells matter how to move; matter tells spacetime how to curve. ~JWheeler
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: