Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Covid Vaccinations  (Read 10461 times)
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2021, 01:47:16 AM »

Isn’t that horrible?  Apparently he did not believe it was “safe”. He’s either got a hero complex or he’s an anti-vaxxer. I wonder if he’s done this before?
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: January 05, 2021, 06:33:30 AM »

Today's news about the spoiled vaccine incident in Wisconsin. This is an excerpt. The full article is available at apnews.com

Prosecutor: Wisconsin pharmacist thought vaccine was unsafe
January 4, 2021

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — A Wisconsin pharmacist convinced the world was “crashing down” told police he tried to ruin hundreds of doses of coronavirus vaccine because he believed the shots would mutate people’s DNA, according to court documents released Monday.

... “He’d formed this belief they were unsafe,” [the] Ozaukee County District Attorney ... said during a virtual hearing. He added that [the pharmacist] was upset because he and his wife are divorcing, and an [health care center] employee said [the pharmacist] had taken a gun to work twice.

A detective wrote in a probable cause statement that [the pharmacist], 46, is an admitted conspiracy theorist and that he told investigators he intentionally tried to ruin the vaccine because it could hurt people by changing their DNA.

..Judge [name omitted] ordered [the pharmacist] to be released on a $10,000 signature bond, surrender his firearms, not work in health care and have no contact with [his former employer's] employees.

...[The pharmacist's] wife of eight years filed for divorce in June. The couple has two small children.

According to an affidavit his wife filed on Dec. 30 ...he stopped off at her house on Dec. 6 and dropped off a water purifier and two 30-day supplies of food, telling her that the world was “crashing down” and ... the government was planning cyberattacks and was going to shut down the power grid.

She added that he was storing food in bulk along with guns in rental units and she no longer felt safe around him. A court commissioner on Monday found that [pharmacist's] children were in imminent danger and temporarily prohibited them from staying with him.

Online court records indicate [pharmacist’s] divorce attorney withdrew from the case on Dec. 28.

I left out the names of the people in the article so RD wouldn't show up in a search for the news story.

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Spacetime tells matter how to move; matter tells spacetime how to curve. ~JWheeler
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Amaryllis Flamenco Queen

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: January 10, 2021, 07:39:42 PM »

On a side note, I am presently rewatching Call the Midwife. In the first season you see children lining up at one of the clinics in the Parish Hall and being given a sugar cube. Both Lord L and I can remember receiving the Polio vaccine on a sugar cube - how much better we liked that than a shot! Now I am into Season 2 and I paused last night to look at a billboard outside Nonnatus House advising people to get the Polio vaccination.

I am thinking when we can open up the Covid vaccinations to basically anyone who wants then, a few billboards won't come amiss.

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."  Theodore Roosevelt
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: January 10, 2021, 10:06:11 PM »

On a side note, I am presently rewatching Call the Midwife. In the first season you see children lining up at one of the clinics in the Parish Hall and being given a sugar cube. Both Lord L and I can remember receiving the Polio vaccine on a sugar cube - how much better we liked that than a shot! Now I am into Season 2 and I paused last night to look at a billboard outside Nonnatus House advising people to get the Polio vaccination.

I am thinking when we can open up the Covid vaccinations to basically anyone who wants then, a few billboards won't come amiss.

I remember when the Sabin oral vaccine was introduced here in Australia, but my memory - which could be in error - tells me we received it in a teaspoon, not a sugar cube.  Whatever it came in, it was far more pleasant than those horrible injections!  The needles seemed huge to a small child, and very painful.  Polio, and the iron lung, was a very real threat when I was young.   
luvcharles

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: January 11, 2021, 01:33:24 AM »

I agree - a teaspoon with the red vaccine and only after we had swallowed did we get the sugar cube ... and then straight back to our arithmetic work as we had it in class.
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: January 11, 2021, 05:03:50 AM »

I’m watching Call the Midwife bc it was recommended here on TD. I love it! I’m pausing all the time to look up historical facts.

Because I work in a senior living center, I’m looking forward to getting my shot on Tuesday. After all the residents and direct health staff.

Many of the residents also remember when diseases killed people or harmed them, the same diseases on Call the Midwife.
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2021, 05:05:46 AM »

I already had Covid last month, with the only lingering symptom being out of breath sooner than expected (I’m out of shape, too) and an odd feeling of needles in my lungs from the inside, but not sharp, just twingey.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Amaryllis Flamenco Queen

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: January 11, 2021, 07:00:14 PM »

I agree - a teaspoon with the red vaccine and only after we had swallowed did we get the sugar cube ... and then straight back to our arithmetic work as we had it in class.

It was definitively a sugar cube for us - like luvcharles, given at school. We all lined up properly and then were marched back to class. I was thinking of a friend who passed away a few years ago, who had juvenile diabetes. She must have been given it in a teaspoon.

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."  Theodore Roosevelt
luvcharles

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2021, 12:37:21 AM »

We sat at our desks in our classrooms and they came round gave out the teaspoon, then came around and gave the vaccine with the teacher (Mrs Johnson - a real tartar but an excellent teacher) ensuring the stuff was put into the mouth and the teaspoon removed empty and only then was the sugar cube administered.

A few years later I had to have a hepatitis jab and that was done with all the girls lining up and done into the bottoms (I was at an all girl boarding school by then) and another vaccination we had at that school was given by a 'gun' type injection into the arms with 30 injections in the one gun so our entire form took one and a half guns (we only had 44 girls in the entire form - we were the smallest form in the school as most of the others were over 50 girls).

Fun memories - I think I almost prefer the 'mass vaccination' situations like that as we could laugh and cry and share whereas now it seems so much more isolated, even when done in a workplace setting with everyone done individually.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Amaryllis Flamenco Queen

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: January 12, 2021, 12:46:52 AM »

I remember the swine flu vaccination being given with the gun type injection. That was a Saturday and the first and last time I went back to my high school after graduation.

anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: January 12, 2021, 08:20:57 PM »

I remember the swine flu vaccination being given with the gun type injection. That was a Saturday and the first and last time I went back to my high school after graduation.

I remember that!  I scared them because my arm wouldn’t stop bleeding, while they insisted that it shouldn’t be bleeding from the gun. Okay then.
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: January 13, 2021, 04:37:14 PM »

I got my first shot yesterday. In between I was herding 85 year olds in a socially distanced line. Let me tell you, that group was a lot easier than a bunch of wiggling first graders! They were grateful and all of them remembered when diseases killed people and when the original vaccines rolled out.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: January 16, 2021, 11:52:34 AM »

My aunt and uncle had their first vaccine shots yesterday. I'm very relieved as they are elderly and have lots of other health issues. They also really enjoyed getting out of the house for an hour!

I stand with crop-top wearing pro-democracy protesters
thecrownjewelthief

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2021, 04:21:24 PM »

My aunt and uncle had their first vaccine shots yesterday. I'm very relieved as they are elderly and have lots of other health issues. They also really enjoyed getting out of the house for an hour!

I had an aunt and uncle get their first doses this week as well. Both are in their late 70s/early 80s and type-1 diabetics, so I've been so worried for them. Absolutely thrilled that they were able to get in.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Amaryllis Flamenco Queen

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: January 16, 2021, 05:26:46 PM »

I got my first shot yesterday. In between I was herding 85 year olds in a socially distanced line. Let me tell you, that group was a lot easier than a bunch of wiggling first graders! They were grateful and all of them remembered when diseases killed people and when the original vaccines rolled out.

Smiley

The news media here clutched their pearls when they learned that the over eighties in 1B were *gasp* being left to make their own appointments for the vaccine. Then they found out that other states were doing it the same way. Then they saw that - contrary to their expectation - people of such great age can use their computer, dial their phones and make appointments. Or they have some one who does it for them. Who knew. (sarcasm off)

In Thursday's presser the Gov mentioned that he has been talking, and not for the first time, with people in the incoming Biden administration, that they have been helpful and a good working relationship has been established. He also mentioned that the Biden administration wanted the state to utilize stadiums, arenas etc. for mass vaccinations - which we haven't done thus far. The Gov said that's fine, as long as we get some assistance and that we can keep our county vaccinations sites going. It would have to be drive up as it's much too cold for people to stand out in the cold. While I'm all for more vaccine in more arms we do need to keep it going on the county and neighborhood level too.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 05:33:40 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: