Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 38   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Covid Vaccinations  (Read 97248 times)
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: February 01, 2021, 05:37:41 PM »

We know a couple who received the vaccination late last week. They had taken her 84 year old parents to get the shot. They had the last appointment of the day and the nurse whispered that there were two unused doses, and did they want them? Of course they did!

He reported symptoms the next day akin to a mild case of the flu (no stomach upset though), which had totally disappeared the day after that.

Thatís pretty much how I felt too, but Mr. Beaverhausen was not affected at all. But I think the second shot will produce more severe effects, or so Iíve been told.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: February 03, 2021, 11:53:41 AM »

We know a couple who received the vaccination late last week. They had taken her 84 year old parents to get the shot. They had the last appointment of the day and the nurse whispered that there were two unused doses, and did they want them? Of course they did!

He reported symptoms the next day akin to a mild case of the flu (no stomach upset though), which had totally disappeared the day after that.

Thatís pretty much how I felt too, but Mr. Beaverhausen was not affected at all. But I think the second shot will produce more severe effects, or so Iíve been told.

Does your husband know he is Mr Beaverhausen? : )
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: February 03, 2021, 12:20:46 PM »

Does your husband know he is Mr Beaverhausen? : )

Wink 

In general I think it is nice & funny how some RD member refer to their spouse and /or children.
tsarinya

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: February 03, 2021, 07:41:01 PM »

My mum had her first dose of the Oxford vaccine (due to her job) last week and she had a sore arm and fever, felt rough for 2 days but after that she was back to normal. The English government (not sure if itís the same with the rest of the U.K. countries) has increased the gap between the doses which a fair few scientists have said will impact how effective the vaccine is. Sheís not due her second dose until early April. Iím a bit worried but trying to push it to the back of my mind.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: February 04, 2021, 01:34:03 AM »

I had the Moderna 2 weeks ago. Just a sore arm and a little fatigue for a day. The doctors and NP I work with who had second doses felt like a bad flu ( almost all called in sick) just one day and bad muscle aches. And that was it. Iím ready to get it over with.
LarLa

Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: February 06, 2021, 09:15:40 PM »

My 94 year old grandmother in law was vaccinated earlier this week with Phizer. No side effects as far as we know. Vaccine supply in Canada continues to be an issue.
thecrownjewelthief

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: February 06, 2021, 09:56:31 PM »

My dad just got the first dose of Moderna yesterday! My state was lagging behind pretty badly but they seemed to have stepped it up the past few weeks. He had an appointment elsewhere for later in the month but found this one through the county health department. He's 67 but has no health concerns, so I'm glad he got it but teachers aren't being vaccinated yet here which I think is a mistake. He was able to schedule his second dose for four weeks later too.
Aubiette

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: February 06, 2021, 10:19:52 PM »

After the 2nd dose of the Moderna vaccine I felt pretty crappy the next day. Achy flu like feeling. This lasted for 24 hours or so and then I was fine. I also developed a swollen tender gland in my armpit that lasted several days. Pretty much everyone I know has felt horrible the day after so Iím warning people to schedule it when you donít have to work the next day.
Peeps

Baby Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: February 07, 2021, 12:02:34 AM »

I think I am to be vaccinated with the AstraZeneca vaccin this month or early next month.
ĒI thinkĒ because the Dutch Covid19-response and vaccination roll-out has been a complete shambles up to now (and still is!), and what the Government says today may be completely different tomorrow.
Vaccination is to be done by my GP, I think. Or by the local health organisation (we have 27 or so of them in this tiny country). No idea. We'll see.
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: February 07, 2021, 03:13:02 AM »

I have no idea when I will be getting the vaccine. I assume somewhere about September or October. Currently no one in Australia has been vaccinated as we have no vaccines here to actually use. The TGA (the authority that approves vaccines) has only approved Pfizer so far but we have none of the vaccines here yet. We have doubled the order from 10 million doses to 20 million but who knows when they will arrive - this week, next or Huh??

If TGA does approve Oxford/Astrazenica before the end of this month then it should be possible to start rolling that out as we are making that under licence from Oxford and have been making that since the beginning of last November.

Of course we also have to start the new flu vaccine roll out next month, which will slow down the possible places where people can go to get the vaccine.
Booklover

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: February 07, 2021, 05:18:04 PM »

My 94 year old grandmother in law was vaccinated earlier this week with Phizer. No side effects as far as we know. Vaccine supply in Canada continues to be an issue.

Trudeau says we'll all be vaccinated by September. I'm hoping that will happen.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: February 07, 2021, 06:01:31 PM »

Pfizer expects to cut COVID-19 vaccine production time by close to 50% as production ramps up, efficiencies increase:

https://www.yahoo.com/new...t-covid-19-110102739.html

Pfizer expects to nearly cut in half the amount of time it takes to produce a batch of COVID-19 vaccine from 110 days to an average of 60 as it makes the process more efficient and production is built out, the company told USA TODAY.

As the nation revs up its vaccination programs, the increase could help relieve bottlenecks caused by vaccine shortages.

"We call this 'Project Light Speed,' and it's called that for a reason," said Chaz Calitri, Pfizer's vice president for operations for sterile injectables, who runs the company's plant in Kalamazoo, Michigan. "Just in the last month we've doubled output."

The increased speed and capacity is not unexpected, said Robert Van Exan, president of Immunization Policy and Knowledge Translation, a vaccine production consulting firm.

ďNobodyís ever produced mRNA vaccines at this scale, so you can bet your bottom dollar the manufacturers are learning as they go. I bet you every day they run into some vaccine challenge and every day they solve it, and that goes into their playbook,Ē he said.

fizer's COVID-19 vaccine is made at three Pfizer plants: starting in Chesterfield, Missouri, moving to Andover, Massachusetts, and finishing in Kalamazoo, Michigan. As of Saturday, about 20.6 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine had been administered nationwide.

Pfizer based its production system on how the vaccine was developed in the laboratory, Calitri said. Normally engineers would spend years improving efficiencies and cost-effectiveness. That's not what happened with COVID-19.

"We just went right to commercial production," Calitri said.

As soon as vials of vaccine began coming off the production line, engineers started analyzing how production could work faster and better.

"We made a lot of really slick enhancements," he said.

Production is getting faster. For example, making the DNA that starts the vaccine process first took 16 days; soon it will take nine or 10. Though quality control and testing has accelerated, company officials say FDA regulations and best manufacturing practices are still being met.

Along with improving speed, Pfizer also is increasing output by adding manufacturing lines in all three plants.

As the vaccine effort continues, more efficiencies are expected.

"There are going to be profound shifts in the way we do business," Calitri said. "We just demonstrated to ourselves that we can go from a phone call in March to having now delivered 50 to 60 million doses."

They are tooting their own horn, but all to the good, IMHO. More shots in more arms.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies.     CS Lewis
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: February 13, 2021, 04:04:38 AM »

So I got a call from Juliet de Verona yesterday that she has tested positive at college. We dropped her off 11 days ago. She was sick a few days, but tested negative 4 times during that period.  Now that she feels better, she's positive. Since then, 6 kids on her dorm floor  have been positive. The Duke and I were tested yesterday. We will not hear back until Tuesday because of the holiday. He and I feel fine.
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: February 13, 2021, 11:05:30 PM »

So I got a call from Juliet de Verona yesterday that she has tested positive at college. We dropped her off 11 days ago. She was sick a few days, but tested negative 4 times during that period.  Now that she feels better, she's positive. Since then, 6 kids on her dorm floor  have been positive. The Duke and I were tested yesterday. We will not hear back until Tuesday because of the holiday. He and I feel fine.

Iím so sorry DoV  Hug

Horrible when your kids are sick with anything, much less this.
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: February 14, 2021, 05:10:38 AM »

My SIL was sick with covid just before Christmas.Stayed home and recovered. Kids and husband tested negative 3X. She still doesn't have her sense of smell and taste back. No one will let her cook because she can't tell when food is burning nor when there is too much seasoning.She wonders if/when she'll get those senses back.

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 38   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: