Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Covid Vaccinations  (Read 74225 times)
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: February 14, 2021, 04:19:34 PM »

My 94 year old grandmother in law was vaccinated earlier this week with Phizer. No side effects as far as we know. Vaccine supply in Canada continues to be an issue.

Trudeau says we'll all be vaccinated by September. I'm hoping that will happen.

It wonít.
Paulina

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: February 14, 2021, 04:34:49 PM »

I work in a senior center. 99% of the residents got the Pfizer vaccine, both doses. 75% of staff did. Of the residents, average age 85, no one had side effects. I think if you make to that age and longer, you are just an extra hardy person with an extra strong body. I was so impressed bc staff at younger ages, like me, had flu like symptoms a day later and our arms hurt. The residents were all very grateful for the vaccine and certainly could talk about an era when people they know had polio, measles and smallpox, diphtheria, etc.

Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: February 14, 2021, 04:36:28 PM »

My SIL was sick with covid just before Christmas.Stayed home and recovered. Kids and husband tested negative 3X. She still doesn't have her sense of smell and taste back. No one will let her cook because she can't tell when food is burning nor when there is too much seasoning.She wonders if/when she'll get those senses back.

When I had Covid in early December, my sense of smell and taste was the last to return. Took a couple months. I hope your SIL gets better soon.
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: February 14, 2021, 04:40:48 PM »

So I got a call from Juliet de Verona yesterday that she has tested positive at college. We dropped her off 11 days ago. She was sick a few days, but tested negative 4 times during that period.  Now that she feels better, she's positive. Since then, 6 kids on her dorm floor  have been positive. The Duke and I were tested yesterday. We will not hear back until Tuesday because of the holiday. He and I feel fine.

Hope she feels better and that you and the Mr. Donít have it.

Itís a strange disease. I had it and my kids and mom and best friend and her daughter (my bubble) were all around me and no one tested positive. Naturally Little Paulina thinks sheís a special person and is immune to COVID. Because 14 year olds will extrapolate like that. ;-)
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: February 14, 2021, 04:42:38 PM »

I really wish they would prioritize school teachers. That would go the longest way toward life returning  to normal and have the most far reaching benefits for the most people.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: February 16, 2021, 11:34:31 AM »

I really wish they would prioritize school teachers. That would go the longest way toward life returning  to normal and have the most far reaching benefits for the most people.

Ohio will finish the first shot for teachers over the next two weeks. It was done by school districts and the district had to sign a contract that they would return to in person or a hybrid in person/remote by March 1. All but one district signed up, Last week, after having their teachers vaccinated, a few districts tried to renege on the deal. I've never seen the Gov so angry. He named names and the renegade districts have agreed to open.

I fully understand his anger - he stuck his neck out to prioritize this. Lots and lots of essential workers have not gotten shots, nor the general public under 65.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: February 16, 2021, 12:28:30 PM »

Oh my - being in Australia this is so foreign! I literally know not one person with even a relative who has had Covid. We have about 20 cases in the whole country other than arrivals in quarantine. Not one person in ICU.
Booklover

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: February 16, 2021, 07:52:29 PM »

My 94 year old grandmother in law was vaccinated earlier this week with Phizer. No side effects as far as we know. Vaccine supply in Canada continues to be an issue.

Trudeau says we'll all be vaccinated by September. I'm hoping that will happen.

It wonít.

Now he's talking October. I think we're lucky if we all get it this year.
Ellie

Muted
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: February 16, 2021, 08:01:17 PM »

I think they're going to keep this going as long as humanly possible judging by the goalposts are past Pluto at this point.

I can't see 2021 normal at all.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
thecrownjewelthief

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: February 16, 2021, 08:41:29 PM »

My sister is a teacher and got her second Pfizer shot yesterday! She said her arm hurts like crazy but otherwise no side effects. My dad gets the second Moderna one in two weeks (he's in the 65+ group). My state was dragging early on but they've picked up the pace and worked hard to get the shot out. Essential workers open up here in two weeks, so we'll see how they do once there are a ton more people but I'm optimistic I'll get it by end of summer (I'm at the end of the line).
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: February 16, 2021, 09:20:04 PM »

Australia will start jabbing arms next week, assuming that the first batch of pfizer hasn't been damaged in the flight from the other side of the world.

I am in either the Phase 1b or Phase 2 group but don't expect to get jabbed before June/July or maybe even later in the year.

The idea that all Aussies, who want to be vaccinated will be done by October, isn't something I am not confident will happen.
thecrownjewelthief

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: February 16, 2021, 09:41:03 PM »

Australia will start jabbing arms next week, assuming that the first batch of pfizer hasn't been damaged in the flight from the other side of the world.

I am in either the Phase 1b or Phase 2 group but don't expect to get jabbed before June/July or maybe even later in the year.

The idea that all Aussies, who want to be vaccinated will be done by October, isn't something I am not confident will happen.

I'm jealous of how well Australia has handled covid. It seems like (most of) your leaders took it seriously and were very thoughtful, plus people paid attention to guidance. Here it feels like the thought was "well there is a vaccine coming and if people die before then, so be it."
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: February 17, 2021, 12:01:53 AM »

We, like NZ, had the advantage of being an island and so our leaders literally closed out borders.

Since March last year it has been extremely difficult to get permission to leave Australia and only Australian citizens and permanent residents have been able to return (with some exemptions for 'money' enterprises such as movies and sportspeople). Anyone (other than NZers in recent months) have also had to do 14 days in hotel quarantine ... and since last June all of our cases have been linked to hotel quarantine in one way or another. In some states breaking quarantine is an offence that will land the perpetrator in prison. Others will impose sizeable fines.

Has our approach been worth it - definitely. We are largely living normal lives now, other than not being allowed to travel overseas. I was at a football game last November with 40,000 other people. I would have been at the five days of the Sydney cricket test but residents in six suburbs were banned due to an outbreak and I live in one of those six suburbs so I had to watch it on TV.
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: March 09, 2021, 10:20:31 PM »

I am so excited. My dear Duke of Verona scored me a vaccination appointment for the day after tomorrow!
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: March 09, 2021, 10:31:05 PM »

I am so excited. My dear Duke of Verona scored me a vaccination appointment for the day after tomorrow!

Hug That's when mine is!

The King of the Briton's gets his tomorrow - I made the appointments and made his first.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: