Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Covid Vaccinations  (Read 53673 times)
LarLa

Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: May 14, 2021, 04:03:14 PM »

I'm getting vaccinated next week!!!

Me too! May 22 - so excited! Getting Pfizer or Moderna - Pfizer most likely.

Anyone in my province over the age of 12 can register as of Monday!

Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: May 14, 2021, 05:15:14 PM »

Iím not ok with any of them.... not enough time to test for side effects and I have health issues which landed me in hospital last year and have never been identified but autoimmune related... so Iíll stay home for a second year until there is more information

Princess and luvcharles: this is why the rest of us who can get the vaccine are and shouldó herd immunity to protect those who canít or shouldnít get the vaccine. Weíre here to protect you.

Thanks for the feedback 🥰 I think everyone needs to take advice and make a decision according to it ... Iím not wanting to compromise the health of others so wonít go out much and all as it limits my life.... but my choice at this time... I can have food delivered and will watch lots of replay shows on tv 📺
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: May 14, 2021, 07:16:44 PM »

Take comfort that they have been developing this vaccine for years because they're building it off of previous ones. They didn't start from scratch!
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: May 15, 2021, 10:48:05 AM »

That's true.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: May 15, 2021, 11:10:28 AM »

Take comfort that they have been developing this vaccine for years because they're building it off of previous ones. They didn't start from scratch!

No comfort... these vaccines were designed to hopefully deal with the virus as it was understood at the time but not the current variants ... so imo more time is needed to understand the effects on people that have health conditions... Iím not on board with the so called reassuring words with politicians who have an agenda to peddle... in Australia we are coming up for another election and it is clear we are being told ďthe party lineĒ my GP tells me to listen to medical advice and not anything else
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: May 15, 2021, 06:24:14 PM »

What you say about the strains is true Princess.

I just read that comedian Bill Maher and 8 members of The Yankees baseball team have tested positive for Covid after being vaccinated.  The only real comfort is the symptoms are much milder and you have a lower chance of dying if youíre vaccinated.
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: May 16, 2021, 01:21:43 AM »

Yes, the vaccination doesnít prevent you from contracting covid or infecting someone else. It does, however, minimize the symptoms so the hospitals are not overrun like they currently are.
Jane

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: May 16, 2021, 02:25:21 PM »

Australia's rollout is painfully slow and limited but I have had my first Astra Zeneca. So have my husband, mother and sisters. Minimal side effects.
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: May 16, 2021, 09:50:14 PM »

Here in NY, we have vaccinated 8.2 million, with 42.11%  of the population fully vaccinated and 50.88%  having had the first dose. Here is the official breakdown of numbers state by state https://www.beckershospit...vid-19-shot-april-22.html. Personally, I had it the second it opened to me, as has the Duke. Juliet gets hers the day after tomorrow when we get home from college pick up. Everyone I know has had Pfizer. I had absolutely no effects of either shot. The Duke felt seasick for about an hour after the second dose. The only person I know who was really knocked down by it had had the virus pretty badly a few months ago. They had to lay down for a day or two.
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: May 16, 2021, 09:58:21 PM »

Mom, sister, and I all got Pfizer while dad got Moderna. 

Mom had a vasovagal syncope thing immediately after the first shot which her GP attributed to her stress about wanting all of us the get the shot followed by relief after we all had started the process.  She was fine within 15 minutes and I bought her ice cream as a reward. 

After the second shot...mom was fine, sister felt flu like on the day after, and I had a migraine on the day after...otherwise we were all fine.  Honestly I donít remember how dad did as his second shot was on my migraine day and the next day was when all the drama with Moose started.  To be honest dad is a very typical guy...weak AF about things like vaccine reactions.
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: May 17, 2021, 01:54:47 AM »

Australia's rollout is painfully slow and limited but I have had my first Astra Zeneca. So have my husband, mother and sisters. Minimal side effects.

Lucky you.

My GP isn't participating in the roll out. I have tried to book with some others and been told 'after we have totally vaccinated all our existing patients we will take on new patients so probably early next year'. As for the 'vaccination hub' in Sydney I tried to book there and was told 'you are not eligible to book at this centre'. It is about 10 minutes by car from where I live and I am 2a so I don't know what their criteria is but ... I will wait now until next year to get the jab it seems.
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: May 18, 2021, 11:13:33 AM »

I'm being vaccinated this afternoon!  Banana Probably with the Pfizer jab.

Happy and a bit nervous but the vaccination center is at the local fire station. So many handsome firemen all around if I 'm not feeling well afterwards 
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: May 18, 2021, 11:34:12 AM »

Happy and a bit nervous but the vaccination center is at the local fire station. So many handsome firemen all around if I 'm not feeling well afterwards 

Congrats Elissa. And lucky you on the handsome fireman 

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: May 18, 2021, 01:50:29 PM »

Hug I had my second jab (Pfitzer) last Friday. After hearing a lot of stories ... I had no side effects whatsoever. If I had been in a test, I would have sworn that I would have gotten placbo. Hope it is the same for you. My 84 year old that was the same ... (different day).
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: May 18, 2021, 02:21:25 PM »

I had the AstraZeneca yesterday. I was expecting nil reaction like my sister, but Iíve had a bad and intense reaction- headache, joint pain, extreme fatigue and what feels like the worst flu ever. Itís horrible!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: