Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Covid Vaccinations  (Read 73411 times)
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: May 20, 2021, 04:04:03 AM »

Due to my age in Australia I am only eligible for AZ (over 50s have to have AZ while under 50s can either wait for pfizer and get AZ now ... this is due to the health advice around the risk of clots).

We also have about a third of the country who are very reluctant to have the vaccine and sadly a huge drop in people getting the flu shot this year as well, even the over 70s has shown a massive drop from over 90% this time last year to fewer than 60% now.

Closed borders have bred complacency about covid and the flu it seems.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: May 20, 2021, 09:01:01 AM »

The UK is now at over 71% of adults with at least 1 vaccination and hospital admissions are remaining low. Fingers crossed we've turned the tide

Cool your jets, everyone
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: May 20, 2021, 09:15:11 AM »

Due to my age in Australia I am only eligible for AZ (over 50s have to have AZ while under 50s can either wait for pfizer and get AZ now ... this is due to the health advice around the risk of clots).

We also have about a third of the country who are very reluctant to have the vaccine and sadly a huge drop in people getting the flu shot this year as well, even the over 70s has shown a massive drop from over 90% this time last year to fewer than 60% now.

Closed borders have bred complacency about covid and the flu it seems.

I didn't know about the drop in flu shot numbers.   I don't understand that.  I have had my first AZ shot and also my flu shot. 
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: May 20, 2021, 09:51:29 AM »

The UK is now at over 71% of adults with at least 1 vaccination and hospital admissions are remaining low. Fingers crossed we've turned the tide

News from the UK really give me hope. In Germany the vaccination roll-out is painfully slow (still). The numbers are going down and people are rushing back in their old lives. Europapark which is a huge theme partk will reopen next week - while my 12 and 15 year old sons have not been in school for one day since December. It is very weird what can be opened and what can't. 
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: May 20, 2021, 10:09:59 AM »

Australia has been setting up mass vaccine hubs (one so far in Sydney and thus in NSW but more in Victoria).

Today the QLD government said they won't set up such a hub and allow the AZ vaccine in them so in the hubs people will have to wait until later this year to get pfizer in the large hubs. GPs will still give AZ but with this news I suspect even more Aussies, especially QLDers will be hesitant about AZ. Pfizer won't be able to get any more jabs to us probably until October.

Every time there is a hospitalisation for a blood clot it is headline news and there were 6 yesterday. This is like the deaths last year where there were, relative to the rest of the world, so few that they each warranted their life story being written up in the press (not just locally but nationally). That didn't happen with the outbreak in Victoria but for the rest of the nation that is what happens.

Australia has had one death from covid in 2021 but one death linked directly to AZ as well.
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: May 20, 2021, 10:27:58 AM »

Australia has been setting up mass vaccine hubs (one so far in Sydney and thus in NSW but more in Victoria).

Today the QLD government said they won't set up such a hub and allow the AZ vaccine in them so in the hubs people will have to wait until later this year to get pfizer in the large hubs. GPs will still give AZ but with this news I suspect even more Aussies, especially QLDers will be hesitant about AZ. Pfizer won't be able to get any more jabs to us probably until October.

Every time there is a hospitalisation for a blood clot it is headline news and there were 6 yesterday. This is like the deaths last year where there were, relative to the rest of the world, so few that they each warranted their life story being written up in the press (not just locally but nationally). That didn't happen with the outbreak in Victoria but for the rest of the nation that is what happens.

Australia has had one death from covid in 2021 but one death linked directly to AZ as well.

I know this is me saying the same but Iím not going the AZ option based on medical advice... so Iíll wait for as long as necessary and just stay home
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: May 20, 2021, 11:22:44 AM »

That's really interesting. I think the blood clot risk didn't make headline news in the UK because our daily death rates were horrific at some points so that was the focus of national attention and that the risk of blood clots remains very low (especially compared to say using some brands of oral contraceptive). The advice in the UK is that under 40s get Pfizer (The group where the risk of getting covid to an intensive care degree is much lowers the blood clot risk is given more weighting) whereas over 40s got either Pfizer or AstraZenica (the risk of Covid significantly outweighing any clotting risks). Astra Zenica also enabled mass vaccinations to occur in non medical settings as the storage issues were easier.

Either way, considering the year Britain has had, it feels incredible to have such a speedy, successful and popular vaccine roll out. The biggest challenge at the moment is 20 somethings wanting their vaccine and not yet getting their call ups, as the NHS is currently working through us 30somethings.

It does mean that Britain can look at opening up for trade, travel, Future Crayons need for mini breaks, etc soon, which will be much much harder for countries with lower vaccination rates.

Cool your jets, everyone
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: May 20, 2021, 03:41:08 PM »

That's really interesting. I think the blood clot risk didn't make headline news in the UK because our daily death rates were horrific at some points so that was the focus of national attention and that the risk of blood clots remains very low (especially compared to say using some brands of oral contraceptive). The advice in the UK is that under 40s get Pfizer (The group where the risk of getting covid to an intensive care degree is much lowers the blood clot risk is given more weighting) whereas over 40s got either Pfizer or AstraZenica (the risk of Covid significantly outweighing any clotting risks). Astra Zenica also enabled mass vaccinations to occur in non medical settings as the storage issues were easier.

Either way, considering the year Britain has had, it feels incredible to have such a speedy, successful and popular vaccine roll out. The biggest challenge at the moment is 20 somethings wanting their vaccine and not yet getting their call ups, as the NHS is currently working through us 30somethings.

It does mean that Britain can look at opening up for trade, travel, Future Crayons need for mini breaks, etc soon, which will be much much harder for countries with lower vaccination rates.

I believe the mini-breaks are a fundamental right, and havenít you suffered enough? 

FREE FUTURE CRAYON!!!!
LarLa

Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: May 20, 2021, 03:42:44 PM »

Canada is over 50% of people 12 and over who have at least 1 vaccination. Not so high with second doses but they should restart soon.

My appointment is tomorrow! A friend has an appointment tomorrow as well so we're going out to dinner tomorrow night to celebrate lol. Restaurants are open where I live and we're allowed 20 close contacts. This friend is in my 20.
Ellie

Muted
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: May 20, 2021, 03:49:22 PM »

I find it really interesting Johnson and Johnson never took off anywhere. I wonder why - not the random blood clot thing but it is seen as inferior because mRNA? I don't know. I don't know anyone else who got that one but me and Mr Ellie!

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

The Memorial Wall along the Southbank in London

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: May 20, 2021, 04:01:02 PM »

I find it really interesting Johnson and Johnson never took off anywhere. I wonder why - not the random blood clot thing but it is seen as inferior because mRNA? I don't know. I don't know anyone else who got that one but me and Mr Ellie!

It has taken off in South Africa. AspenPharmacare has secured the licence to produce it, locally. The medics I have spoken to, have taken it.

Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: May 20, 2021, 04:05:24 PM »

It has taken off in South Africa. AspenPharmacare has secured the licence to produce it, locally. The medics I have spoken to, have taken it.

My states governor bought a bunch up and gave the J&J out to all of our public school teachers months ago in a bid to get teachers and their unions on the in person school bandwagon as fast as possible.

Ellie

Muted
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: May 20, 2021, 04:11:25 PM »

I got it because one shot and honestly mRNA made me nervous, but mostly - one shot! I hate needles. Glad it was available to me.

It seems like it isn't popular but maybe supply/demand and the reputation? I don't know! Nobody I know got it so I was curious!

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: May 20, 2021, 04:18:25 PM »

J&J is being distributed here. I know 2 individuals that got it. It is being given to +50 years old.

At least in Europe, they are not distributing as they should. J&J admitted they did not have the capacity for now, and there has been some delays. There is also the fact right before the start of roll-out, they announced the investigation on reactions and the incidents reported on one of their factories in the US. That made it go under the radar, imo.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: May 20, 2021, 05:36:33 PM »

Got my 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday morning - no side effects so far (had mild arm soreness and some fatigue for 2 days after the 1st shot).
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: