Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Covid Vaccinations  (Read 56175 times)
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: May 20, 2021, 06:40:31 PM »

We began distributing the J&J vaccine, along with Pfizer and Moderna, when it became available. We did do a hold while they investigated the blood clot situation. I know there were some people who were waiting for the J&J vaccine simply because they wanted only one shot.

A year ago I was having a phone conversation about the pandemic with my friend the retired RN. While talking about vaccine development she opined that it would become a annual shot, like the yearly flu vaccine. She may be retired but she keeps up and she's usually right.

I'm perfectly fine with getting a annual Covid booster, even with the side effects, which for me were on the light side. I've gotten a flu shot for many years so to me this is no different. If they do ultimately develop a one and done Covid shot - great. Sign me up.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
LarLa

Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: May 20, 2021, 07:06:11 PM »

Canada approved J&J but I don't think we've actually used it anywhere...at least not in my province. AZ is only being used for second doses now for people who already had a first dose of AZ. Pfizer and Moderna are the preferred ones in Canada - Pfizer being the most common because the delivery is most consistent. There have been a lot of delays with Moderna. I don't believe they've said how they are going to use the J&J shots we have.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: May 20, 2021, 07:12:55 PM »

Australia has been setting up mass vaccine hubs (one so far in Sydney and thus in NSW but more in Victoria).

Today the QLD government said they won't set up such a hub and allow the AZ vaccine in them so in the hubs people will have to wait until later this year to get pfizer in the large hubs. GPs will still give AZ but with this news I suspect even more Aussies, especially QLDers will be hesitant about AZ. Pfizer won't be able to get any more jabs to us probably until October.

Every time there is a hospitalisation for a blood clot it is headline news and there were 6 yesterday. This is like the deaths last year where there were, relative to the rest of the world, so few that they each warranted their life story being written up in the press (not just locally but nationally). That didn't happen with the outbreak in Victoria but for the rest of the nation that is what happens.

Australia has had one death from covid in 2021 but one death linked directly to AZ as well.

That's really interesting. I think the blood clot risk didn't make headline news in the UK because our daily death rates were horrific at some points so that was the focus of national attention and that the risk of blood clots remains very low (especially compared to say using some brands of oral contraceptive). The advice in the UK is that under 40s get Pfizer (The group where the risk of getting covid to an intensive care degree is much lowers the blood clot risk is given more weighting) whereas over 40s got either Pfizer or AstraZenica (the risk of Covid significantly outweighing any clotting risks). Astra Zenica also enabled mass vaccinations to occur in non medical settings as the storage issues were easier.

Either way, considering the year Britain has had, it feels incredible to have such a speedy, successful and popular vaccine roll out. The biggest challenge at the moment is 20 somethings wanting their vaccine and not yet getting their call ups, as the NHS is currently working through us 30somethings.

It does mean that Britain can look at opening up for trade, travel, Future Crayons need for mini breaks, etc soon, which will be much much harder for countries with lower vaccination rates.

I believe the mini-breaks are a fundamental right, and havenít you suffered enough? 

FREE FUTURE CRAYON!!!!

Exactly! FC needs an airport breakfast, a mid price hotel, a gallery or two and enough cocktails to sink a battleship

Cool your jets, everyone
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: May 21, 2021, 12:48:20 AM »

Iíd be fine with an annual top up. Ideally Iíd like them to combine the flu and covid shot into one and I just get it every fall.
LarLa

Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: May 22, 2021, 09:30:56 PM »

Just got my first dose - Moderna. I teared up a little.
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: May 23, 2021, 07:46:19 PM »

Just got my first dose - Moderna. I teared up a little.

Congrats!  Hug
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: May 23, 2021, 10:50:35 PM »

Congrats Larla!!

My mom will get hers tomorrow. It is a huge relieve to know my mom will get hers. With her, all the high-risk individuals in my "sphere" will now be protected Jumping

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: May 28, 2021, 12:39:35 PM »

So zero side effects from my first Pfizer jab  Smiley

Also, it's so fascinating how different countries are managing their vaccine rollout. I got vaccinated before the Crown Prince of Norway!

Cool your jets, everyone
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: May 28, 2021, 12:42:42 PM »

My mom took Pfizer on Monday morning. She felt tired and sleepy for a day, but went back to normal the after the jab.

A friend of mine took Moderna on Wednesday, lots of headaches and feeling like he had a small cold. But just for a day also, now totally normal today.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: May 28, 2021, 01:01:10 PM »

About here in the Netherlands my option for vaccination is rapidly approaching. I.e. they, the national program, do it largely on the basis of the years of birth and mine is almost next. If possible, I could have gone for so-called "waste bin" vaccines at the GP (the remaining vaccines, which they have not used due to circumstances. I believe mainly concerns AZ). I don't know what stopped me, but I haven't done that (yet).

They have had to build the vaccination policy from a small base at a rapid pace. And the policy here certainly does not deserve a beauty prize. For example, that it frequently goes wrong when approaching the most vulnerable groups. Multiple people who cheat in one way or another, in order to get their turn sooner. And that it is possible to do that. After all, many delays in the beginning. Finally, I think there should be more injection sites. I am quite limited in my choices given the lack of a car. And planning in terms of living and work locations.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: May 28, 2021, 01:47:50 PM »

There doesn't seem to have been much queue jumping in the UK, thankfully. The system here prioritised the elderly, clinically vulnerable and care/health staff, before offering vaccines to everyone else in descending age order. Vaccines are currently available to those in their mid thirties and over.

The booking process is done by phone or online. I got an SMS to tell me I was eligible, clicked the link and was given a choice of 5 vaccine centres within 30 miles.

It's not perfect, though. The roll out could be faster and the gap between first and second vaccines, especially with this new variant which was allowed to get established in the country. I'm not getting my second jab until August.

And it's young people working in places that can't socially distance that are making up the majority of new infections. The sooner they can be vaccinated, the better

Cool your jets, everyone
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: May 28, 2021, 02:01:17 PM »

There doesn't seem to have been much queue jumping in the UK, thankfully. The system here prioritised the elderly, clinically vulnerable and care/health staff, before offering vaccines to everyone else in descending age order. Vaccines are currently available to those in their mid thirties and over.

The booking process is done by phone or online. I got an SMS to tell me I was eligible, clicked the link and was given a choice of 5 vaccine centres within 30 miles.

It's not perfect, though. The roll out could be faster and the gap between first and second vaccines, especially with this new variant which was allowed to get established in the country. I'm not getting my second jab until August.

And it's young people working in places that can't socially distance that are making up the majority of new infections. The sooner they can be vaccinated, the better

In basis it is the same in the Netherlands. The most recent skipping the que were students. In the Netherlands there is less time between the 2 shots, about 6 weeks if I am correct. With exception if you get Jansen (just 1 shot) or if you have had Corona (apparently you just need 1 shot then).
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: May 28, 2021, 03:48:57 PM »

Here, they will start vaccinate my age tier on June 20. We can auto-schedule the vaccination on our Health Service portal, you can choose to take the vaccine anywhere in the country. There is waiting lists, and if someone misses an appointment or all older tiers are done, they will call you asap. That is how one of my friends took his shot, someone missed the appointment and he was called to fill the gap.

The time between shots it depends on the vaccine: J&J just one shot, Pfizer and Moderna 28 days between shots, AZ 8-12 weeks between shots. People bellow age 50 will get either Pfizer or Moderna.

LarLa

Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: May 29, 2021, 09:44:06 PM »

I had a sore arm for a day or two plus some fatigue for a day. My only moderna side effects. Now my husband needs to get vaccinated. He cancelled his appointment because he's recovering from pneumonia (tested negative for covid).
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: May 29, 2021, 10:55:06 PM »

Sore arm and one day of severe fatigue. Thatís it. Millions of people have had the vaccine and extremely rare issues ( about the same  as the flu vaccine but we donít hear about those)  and its no where like the side effects from actual Covid.
I say just get it over with, weíre all going to have to get it at some point anyway to travel or a lot of employers are going to make it mandatory in the future. 
Proud to say More than 60% of the county I live in are fully vaccinated
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: