Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Covid Vaccinations  (Read 53659 times)
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: June 17, 2021, 01:37:27 PM »

Arm pain is indeed extremely common and not just with Covid vaccines, but basically any other vaccine as well. Regular flu, TBE, a tetanus, all those shots basically have the same side-effects: tiredness, muscle- arm pain, soreness or a slight hemorrhage around the injection side, headache plus the more serious but rare sympthoms. But of course, with a vaccination so focused on and taken by almost everybody on the planet, we pay way more attention. Just remember your last flu shot: you might have mentioned at the water cooler or breakroom, that your arm is terribly sore due to your vaccination and most likely your conversation partner uttered something sympathetic like "hhm" and that was it.
Considering that really millions of people have been given the vaccine in a short amount of half a year, it is actually fabulous how little problems we have had.
Well here is to hoping that it works just as well...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: June 17, 2021, 03:07:36 PM »

Of course I had expected a reaction to the vaccination (with Pfizer). But during and right after the injection I had no or hardly any problems. Over time, however, my arm became more painful, which is radiating towards the rest of the arm and shoulder, and the upperlimb got stiffer. Sing it out for a while, this arm will return to 'normal'.

Arm pain is really common! Mine was worse with the first dose and probably started improving around the third day, so hang in there. Glad you were able to get it!

The national programm in NL is moving forward fast these days. As of today the ones with birthyear 2000 can make an appointment.

Just being curious I looked up the general side effects of the vaccin, arm pain was indeed a very common effect.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: June 17, 2021, 03:10:21 PM »

Arm pain is indeed extremely common and not just with Covid vaccines, but basically any other vaccine as well. Regular flu, TBE, a tetanus, all those shots basically have the same side-effects: tiredness, muscle- arm pain, soreness or a slight hemorrhage around the injection side, headache plus the more serious but rare sympthoms. But of course, with a vaccination so focused on and taken by almost everybody on the planet, we pay way more attention. Just remember your last flu shot: you might have mentioned at the water cooler or breakroom, that your arm is terribly sore due to your vaccination and most likely your conversation partner uttered something sympathetic like "hhm" and that was it.
Considering that really millions of people have been given the vaccine in a short amount of half a year, it is actually fabulous how little problems we have had.

Ahem, my last vaccination was most likely in childhood. The last from the Dutch national vaccination program (before meningococci and HPV vaccination emerged). I did remember arm pain from that time, but not to this extent. Or it's just been way too long Wink Smiley

Based on this scheme of the current Dutch vaccination programm, I was probably 9 years old when I had my last vaccination (before this Corona one): https://rijksvaccinatiepr...cinaties/vaccinatieschema

And off course we all hope the vaccin will do its work!

https://rijksvaccinatieprogramma.nl/
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: June 17, 2021, 07:48:19 PM »

I have over-used my arm since I got the shot and am sure to swing and stretch it about. I've had no pain with it. I did this the first shot too - I think it works.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: June 18, 2021, 01:26:44 AM »

Ahem, my last vaccination was most likely in childhood. The last from the Dutch national vaccination program (before meningococci and HPV vaccination emerged). I did remember arm pain from that time, but not to this extent. Or it's just been way too long Wink Smiley

Based on this scheme of the current Dutch vaccination programm, I was probably 9 years old when I had my last vaccination (before this Corona one): https://rijksvaccinatiepr...cinaties/vaccinatieschema

Really Princi?  Not even a tetanus shot? 
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: June 18, 2021, 09:03:42 AM »

Why not....if it isn't / wasn't necessary Wink Smiley
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: June 18, 2021, 09:50:50 AM »

Currently, there is apparently a rise of the RS virus cases in the Netherlands (in specific in the southwest of the country). It is striking, because this virus normally only appears during wintertime. It is thought that the COVID restrictions, prevented children to acquire immunity against this virus.

Wiki about RS virus: https://en.wikipedia.org/...spiratory_syncytial_virus

https://nos.nl/artikel/23...t-land-ongekende-situatie

Loosly translated as:

Outbreak of 'winter' RS virus in southwest of the country, 'unprecedented situation'

An epidemic of the RS virus has broken out among young children. It is noteworthy that there are now children with the dangerous cold virus in the hospital, because RS normally only occurs in the winter.

"I have never seen this before. It is really very special that the virus is here now," says pediatrician and professor of respiratory infections Louis Bont of UMC Utrecht in the NOS Radio 1 Journaal.

There are many reports of the virus, especially in Rotterdam and other areas in the southwest of the country. Very young children can become very short of breath, develop pneumonia and even end up in intensive care.

No deaths in the Netherlands
Many children worldwide are dying from the virus. "But certainly not in the Netherlands, because we have the best pediatric IC care in the world here," says Bont.

Normally, people have built up resistance because they have been in contact with the RS virus, but due to the distance rules during the corona pandemic, no immunity has built up for a year and a half. According to Bont, there is now a 'delayed RS epidemic'. Nevertheless, Bont does not expect the virus to spread much further.

Parents are advised to be extra vigilant when their children have a cold, especially when it comes to babies under two months of age.
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: June 18, 2021, 11:43:51 AM »

Princi I had a tetanus shot decades ago after I was pushed over on an escalator by someone in a hurry.... my leg bleeding and marks from where I came into contact with the metal stairs .... I had the shot and my arm was awful that night.... into hospital
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: June 18, 2021, 02:17:44 PM »

Princi I had a tetanus shot decades ago after I was pushed over on an escalator by someone in a hurry.... my leg bleeding and marks from where I came into contact with the metal stairs .... I had the shot and my arm was awful that night.... into hospital

Oke, it is known to me that in some cases you will receive for example a flu or tetanus shot. But in my case there hasn't been a need for this, at least it wasn't considered to be needed. Therefore my most recent memories of vaccinations, besides the current ones, were of the ones I had in the national vaccination programm (so somwhere around 9 - 12 years of age).
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: June 18, 2021, 05:40:58 PM »

I live my vaccine life with the motto ' if i stay ready i don't need to get ready'! haha. I like to be preventative but to each their own!
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: June 18, 2021, 06:07:16 PM »

I have a tetanus shot every ten years, and I know they did an extra booster when we redid our travel vaccinations a few years ago. Between that and the annual flu vaccination, and the fact that we've aged into the shingles vaccination range, along with the Covid vaccination, I've grown very used to jabs in my arm over the last few years.  Smiley

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
whiplashhx

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: June 19, 2021, 06:10:22 PM »

Welp I have had a delayed reaction to my moderna vaccine (it took 8 days for my reaction to come on). I'm so damn itchy. May not be able to get the 2nd round unfortunately.
thecrownjewelthief

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: June 19, 2021, 06:25:15 PM »

Welp I have had a delayed reaction to my moderna vaccine (it took 8 days for my reaction to come on). I'm so damn itchy. May not be able to get the 2nd round unfortunately.

Oh no! Is it just around the injection spot or all over? I had a friend get a big rash spot on her arm about the same time. Hope it gets better soon.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 07:03:12 PM by thecrownjewelthief » Logged
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: June 19, 2021, 06:55:02 PM »

Oh no, I hope you feel better soon and that the 2nd shot will be able
whiplashhx

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: June 19, 2021, 09:29:16 PM »

Oh no! Is it just around the injection spot or all over? I had a friend get a big rash spot on her arm about the same time. Hope it gets better soon.

It's huge hive about a few inches down from the injection spot. The area around the injection spot is a light pink. Apparently it can take up to a week or more for it to go away. At least I know it's working lol. Was your friend able to get the 2nd shot? If so did they have another reaction? Apparently there's been no cases of a delayed reaction with a 2nd shot just an immediate or none at all. I have to discuss with my doctor if I should get it or a different 2nd vacc.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: