Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Covid Vaccinations  (Read 56993 times)
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: June 19, 2021, 09:56:17 PM »

I have a lot of jaw pain but it’s been four days since my shot. Unsure if it’s related.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: June 19, 2021, 10:43:37 PM »

Welp I have had a delayed reaction to my moderna vaccine (it took 8 days for my reaction to come on). I'm so damn itchy. May not be able to get the 2nd round unfortunately.

Oh no! Is it just around the injection spot or all over? I had a friend get a big rash spot on her arm about the same time. Hope it gets better soon.

I had itching only on my arm a week or so after the first Moderna shot. It cleared up in a few days. I hope the same for you!

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
thecrownjewelthief

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: June 19, 2021, 11:39:29 PM »

Welp I have had a delayed reaction to my moderna vaccine (it took 8 days for my reaction to come on). I'm so damn itchy. May not be able to get the 2nd round unfortunately.

Oh no! Is it just around the injection spot or all over? I had a friend get a big rash spot on her arm about the same time. Hope it gets better soon.

It's huge hive about a few inches down from the injection spot. The area around the injection spot is a light pink. Apparently it can take up to a week or more for it to go away. At least I know it's working lol. Was your friend able to get the 2nd shot? If so did they have another reaction? Apparently there's been no cases of a delayed reaction with a 2nd shot just an immediate or none at all. I have to discuss with my doctor if I should get it or a different 2nd vacc.

Sounds just like what she had. She’s actually a medical researcher with a doctorate and said hers was just a bigger than normal immune reaction rather than an allergic reaction and it’s not as common as other things like the high fever people get, but not unheard of either. She did get the second Moderna shot as well and was fine. I would definitely check with your primary care doctor though if you’re nervous!
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: June 20, 2021, 08:56:19 PM »

Has my second shot of Moderna, not really that much arm pain but holy moly am I fatigued. I just slept from 1115 in the morning to 1330. Finding the strength to get up.
whiplashhx

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: June 21, 2021, 02:30:23 AM »

It's huge hive about a few inches down from the injection spot. The area around the injection spot is a light pink. Apparently it can take up to a week or more for it to go away. At least I know it's working lol. Was your friend able to get the 2nd shot? If so did they have another reaction? Apparently there's been no cases of a delayed reaction with a 2nd shot just an immediate or none at all. I have to discuss with my doctor if I should get it or a different 2nd vacc.

Sounds just like what she had. She’s actually a medical researcher with a doctorate and said hers was just a bigger than normal immune reaction rather than an allergic reaction and it’s not as common as other things like the high fever people get, but not unheard of either. She did get the second Moderna shot as well and was fine. I would definitely check with your primary care doctor though if you’re nervous!

Yeah I'm going to try and get an emergency appt with my PC tomorrow because the spot keeps growing and it's about if not bigger than the size of a mango (thankfully the tightness and itchiness of the throat stopped). Also, where the reaction first started has bruised but where it's now spreading is freshly pink. It's starting to freak me out. I've gone to walk in clinics and they have not only not seen an 8+ day delayed reaction (only 2-3 days) but a reaction this size that looks like this.
thecrownjewelthief

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: June 21, 2021, 03:02:46 AM »

Yeah I'm going to try and get an emergency appt with my PC tomorrow because the spot keeps growing and it's about if not bigger than the size of a mango (thankfully the tightness and itchiness of the throat stopped). Also, where the reaction first started has bruised but where it's now spreading is freshly pink. It's starting to freak me out. I've gone to walk in clinics and they have not only not seen an 8+ day delayed reaction (only 2-3 days) but a reaction this size that looks like this.

Throat stuff does sound scary - glad it’s better but you’re smart to see your doctor before deciding whether to get the second one.
Athena

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: June 21, 2021, 07:29:38 AM »

Best wishes, whiplashhx
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

The Memorial Wall along the Southbank in London

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: June 21, 2021, 08:38:46 AM »

whiplashhx, hopefully it's nothing more than "COVID arm":
https://www.thesun.co.uk/...ash-side-effects-11-days/
RASHY HORROR Moderna vaccine can cause painful ‘Covid arm’ reactions up to 11 days after jab

MODERNA’S vaccine can cause a painful reaction in the arm up to 11 days after the jab, experts have warned.

The side effect, dubbed “Covid arm” has occurred in a small number of patients in the US.

A report in the New England Journal of Medicine revealed that there had been at least 12 incidences of patients presenting with large marks on their arms after having the jab.
a week after her first dose, Amelia said her arm was “just red and angry and had hives”. The next morning, Amelia says she woke up with a lump.
“It had just grown overnight from like, a dollar size to like, a baseball size," Amelia said. "And it was very swollen, hot to the touch, sore, even if I wore my coat that day, the pressure of the coat was painful."
"'Covid arm' is basically a delayed type of hypersensitivity or an allergic reaction that occurs about probably seven to ten days afterward.”

The Book Fairies are joining judges and contributors to the #HoldStill2020 project to mark the release of the beautiful book! We are leaving copies at places that gave us hope during lockdowns. #HSBookFairies #ibelieveinbookfairies
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: June 21, 2021, 11:20:25 AM »

Poor Whiplash, poor you to be one of the really rather few people who have more severe reactions. I hope you will recover shortly.

To all others with really sore arms or unusual reactions: Go see your doctor!

A mild reaction is not per se a bad thing, it shows that your body is reacting to the vaccine and building antibodies as it should. Any mild pain can be treated with ibuprofin, paracetamol (tylenol etc) and either cold or warm compresses (which one is up to you, you might find that you immediately shy away from cold and want warmth or vice versa, go with your immediate instinct) a mild sensitivity or allergic reaction can also be treated by taking calcium. It doesn't do any harm to overdose a day or two, so go ahead and grab a couple of calcium tablets for a day or so and see f it gets better that way.
I have seen some very interesting research done by vacc.centers who ask their patients to give a feedback ten days after their jabs. You rate your sympthoms on a scale and the researchers can thus easily get a good picture of how many reactions there were and what those typically consisted of.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: June 21, 2021, 01:22:01 PM »

Oh my Whiplash! Whishing you all te best!
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: June 21, 2021, 01:31:24 PM »

Poor Whiplash, poor you to be one of the really rather few people who have more severe reactions. I hope you will recover shortly.

To all others with really sore arms or unusual reactions: Go see your doctor!

A mild reaction is not per se a bad thing, it shows that your body is reacting to the vaccine and building antibodies as it should. Any mild pain can be treated with ibuprofin, paracetamol (tylenol etc) and either cold or warm compresses (which one is up to you, you might find that you immediately shy away from cold and want warmth or vice versa, go with your immediate instinct) a mild sensitivity or allergic reaction can also be treated by taking calcium. It doesn't do any harm to overdose a day or two, so go ahead and grab a couple of calcium tablets for a day or so and see f it gets better that way.
I have seen some very interesting research done by vacc.centers who ask their patients to give a feedback ten days after their jabs. You rate your sympthoms on a scale and the researchers can thus easily get a good picture of how many reactions there were and what those typically consisted of.

From the actual injection I only felt a kind of sting briefely. Only in time, a few hours later, did the phenomena appear. For me it was mainly the well-known stiff and painful upper arm with radiation to the shoulder. Including some sort of limitation in arm movement. In addition, it felt like a bruise around the injection site, but nothing to see. It took about 3 days for most of the stiffness and pain to go away. Now the bruise also became (more) visible.One of my sisters-in-law, who works in the medical world, thought the bruise was not that bad. Well it also did seem small in the photo (we often communicate by pictures and app as she lives at a distance). However, in the photo, 1 or 2 days later, a nice big yellowish spot was visible. She was surprised by that…. But oh well, it is a good sign in itself, because that yellowish color comes from the breakdown products of the blood of the bruise, which indicates that the spot is on the decline. Finally, the bruise also turned out to be attractive for mosquitoes .... meanwhile I had 1 or 2 reasonable mosquito bites next to the bruise. Itching!!
whiplashhx

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: June 21, 2021, 06:21:32 PM »

Yeah initially I had the arm stiffness for 2 days but all the sudden this happened approx 8 days later. I have an appt in an hour with one of the doctors in my office as my PC is booked. Hopefully I can find some resolve because this itchiness and bruising makes me want to crawl out of my skin (I want to itch my arm sooo bad lol). Only cold packs have helped relieve all symptoms I’m currently having. The ointment the walk-in gave me only made the itchiness worse and seemed to make it spread faster and the allergy med only made my throat issues stop. It’s so weird I’m the only one on both sides of my family to get a reaction.
whiplashhx

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: June 27, 2021, 07:49:09 PM »

Hopefully my final update as it has almost cleared up and maybe this can help someone else in the future if this happens to them and they can't find answers. The walk-in (I went there before I went to my doctor) gave me triamcinolone an ointment for the rash, I reacted badly to it and it caused the hive to become bigger. They also told me to take a OTC allergy pill to help with my throat tightness/itchiness but it only relieved it slightly because every few hours my body would re-react to whatever was happening. Once I seen my doctor she put me me on prednisone (20 mg) once a day for 5 days (initially 10) because of the bruising/swollenness. It got rid of the bruising, my arm is still a swollen just not as bad. For the rash/hive she put me on the antibiotic cephalexin (500 mg) for 10 days every 8 hours (I stop it Monday). On Tuesday, as a precaution, she's having me start a double antibiotic sulfamethoxazole-trimethoprim (800-160 mg) twice a day for a week. I will also be getting an ultrasound of my arm to make sure there is no clotting. She's also sending me to a neurologist as I had, or what I believe I had, a stress induced seizure (it wasn't bad because I was cognizant throughout it and was able to speak and move) but she still wants to make sure.

Oh and cool compresses and little massages to the area are a god send!! (helps me the most when I'm itchy)

I think I said this before but my doctor said she's not allowing me to get my second vax or try another one as there's a chance I may react worse the second time around. The best I can do is take extra precaution around people, especially with this new strain. I'm wondering how this will effect me with university and work. I know some universities are opting to charge students extra tuition if they aren't vaxxed.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: June 27, 2021, 07:59:30 PM »

I'm so glad to hear things are clearing up.  Jumping

As to the university, you have had one vaccination - and you have not only your Doctors prohibition for not getting your second shot, but a strong medical case for why. Have your ducks in a row though, so you can go in from a position of strength.

Don't take any chances, wear that mask and stay safe.  Hug

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: June 28, 2021, 01:13:42 PM »

To the surprise of many, one of my nephews (17 years old) seemed to react to his first vaccination (probably Pfizer). According to the stories, during the 15-minute wait after vaccination, he raised his hand(s) and then collapsed in his chair (fainted). They immediately picked up on this and medical support. Also based on the reactions of my nephew, it is still the question whether this is purely the vaccination. He would have hardly eaten before vaccination and he has a busy life (running, flying, etc.) Normally he is a sober boy, but his parents heard that he later called the GGD doctor, because of redness of his arm. They were surprised that he had called about this on his own, an indication that he was a little concerned about it himself.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: