Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Covid Vaccinations  (Read 75335 times)
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

The Memorial Wall along the Southbank in London

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: July 13, 2021, 08:51:28 AM »

South Africa's vaccine roll-out has been dealt a severe blow in two provinces worst hit by the Delta variant: our Constitutional Court handed down a sentence to  former president, looter-in-Chief Zuma, for contempt of court; his supporters indulged themselves in a week of violence, burning down malls, mom-and-pops stores, fuel tankers, injuring policemen, stealing medical supplies, and allegedly leaving open the gates to game reserves for predators to escape into inhabited areas. Food and medical shortages are expected in these areas if the violence isn't quelled soon. The army has been deployed to support the overwhelmed police. Some looters have reportedly driven up in luxury vehicles to stock up on the plunder. The majority of the affected businesses provided employment and services to people in the lower socio-economic sector of society, essential in COVID-19 times when the economy has contracted.  The violence continued overnight. Vaccine roll-out has been stopped in these areas.

Cordelia Fitzgerald

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: July 15, 2021, 09:57:03 PM »

I had planned to get the vaccine eventually, but I haven't been ready yet.  But for the sake of the peace of mind of some of my family members, I think I'll start the process very soon.  I'm happy to do what I can for their peace, but I'm super nervous about getting it, potential side effects, etc.  I'm not nervous about the shot itself; I'm not scared of needles or even of a few days of fever, headache, etc.  But I am so concerned about long term effects...blood clots, menstrual issues, etc.  Anybody else terrified to get it but did anyway?  How did you work through your concerns?
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: July 16, 2021, 12:44:41 AM »

I wasnít scared but all of those side effects including irregular menstrual cycle and the direct affect of your own immune system taking a hit while itís busy making antibodies to the spike protein. And itís all stuff that would have happened but worse if got the spike protein from actual Covid. Plus, the more that are vaccinated the less chance the virus has to make variants like Delta which can harm the under age 12 kids who canít get the vaccine yet.
I had a sore arm for a few days with first Moderna and then extreme fatigue and muscle aches for one day and that was it.
I hope you get it soon.
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: July 16, 2021, 03:44:18 AM »

I wasnít scared but all of those side effects including irregular menstrual cycle and the direct affect of your own immune system taking a hit while itís busy making antibodies to the spike protein. And itís all stuff that would have happened but worse if got the spike protein from actual Covid. Plus, the more that are vaccinated the less chance the virus has to make variants like Delta which can harm the under age 12 kids who canít get the vaccine yet.
I had a sore arm for a few days with first Moderna and then extreme fatigue and muscle aches for one day and that was it.
I hope you get it soon.

Me too. The side effects were minimal with both shots. Youíve got this!
Aubiette

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: July 16, 2021, 03:57:25 AM »

I got the Moderna in December/January. I was an early guinea pig. Nothing fell off or grew on me yet. 
I wasnít scared. Sore arm after both doses. One day of feeling crappy after the second shot.
Just do what you feel is right. Itís an entirely personal decision IMO.
emtishell

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: July 16, 2021, 04:09:46 AM »

I had planned to get the vaccine eventually, but I haven't been ready yet.  But for the sake of the peace of mind of some of my family members, I think I'll start the process very soon.  I'm happy to do what I can for their peace, but I'm super nervous about getting it, potential side effects, etc.  I'm not nervous about the shot itself; I'm not scared of needles or even of a few days of fever, headache, etc.  But I am so concerned about long term effects...blood clots, menstrual issues, etc.  Anybody else terrified to get it but did anyway?  How did you work through your concerns?

Have you ever taken the contraceptive pill? In the UK, blood clots have occurred in people taking the AstraZeneca vaccine at a rate of roughly one in every 250,000, whereas blood clots caused by the pill are estimated to affect one in every 1,000 women each year.

COVID-19 itself has been reported to lead to thrombocytopenia in up to 41% of positive patients, with the figure rising to up to 95% in those with severe disease.

The fears about menstrual issues (and infertility) are completely unfounded.

My theory is, if you read the possible side effects of any and every medication (and even "natural" supplements), you'd never take anything again.

You are at greater risk every time you get in your car.

I was concerned about the AZ vaccine, mainly because I had to have a minor surgery a few months back. I decided to postpone my vaccine until I was fully recovered from that. By the time I booked to have it, I was given Pfizer instead. However, many of my friends and colleagues have had the AZ and have been fine.
Ellie

Muted
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: July 16, 2021, 08:17:38 AM »

Menstrual issues are real from vaccination.

My period stopped that month.

I know women who have not had a period since they were vaccinated.

Don't be like doctors who dismiss women and our problems.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
anneboleyn

Warned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: July 16, 2021, 04:11:58 PM »

I havenít had my period since I got my first shot in April. I also have period issues so Iím not sure if itís related or just my body being a jerk again. I have a doctors appointment next week to see whatís going on.

ďAnd she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.Ē - Annabelle M. Ramos
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: July 16, 2021, 04:40:39 PM »

THere is no excuse for anyone not getting the vaccine. Get it. Do it for yourself and for the world you care about. It is an act of love as far as I am concerned.
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: July 16, 2021, 04:49:43 PM »

I got the Pfzizer vaccine in January, about two months after having had a mild case of Covid. I'm glad I didn't overthink the vaccine. I had flu like symptoms in the first 24 hours and then they went away. Sore arm for a few hours. Second shot, nothing.

If I'd waited and watched the news, I'd be more hesitant. My 15 year old daughter got the shot and is now happily on a backpacking trip with her camp. My 19 year old son did not get it, doesn't go out, and is busy with conspiracy theories and how Bill Gates is on record at a TED talk from a decade ago saying the vaccine can be used for "population" control. Which seems like just the opposite. Vaccines have made people able to withstand diseases. There is a disconnect and now that is in my head a bit.

I think the disease is so unpredictable in how mild or strong it can be, that the vaccine seems like a good idea. People getting it have slowed to a snails pace, so I'm not sure we are close to herd immunity. The whole thing is very troubling--Covid, responses, lock downs, polarization of everything. I just pet my dog and cats and realize we can only manage our own lives as best we can.
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: July 16, 2021, 04:55:12 PM »

I got the Pfzizer vaccine in January, about two months after having had a mild case of Covid. I'm glad I didn't overthink the vaccine. I had flu like symptoms in the first 24 hours and then they went away. Sore arm for a few hours. Second shot, nothing.

If I'd waited and watched the news, I'd be more hesitant. My 15 year old daughter got the shot and is now happily on a backpacking trip with her camp. My 19 year old son did not get it, doesn't go out, and is busy with conspiracy theories and how Bill Gates is on record at a TED talk from a decade ago saying the vaccine can be used for "population" control. Which seems like just the opposite. Vaccines have made people able to withstand diseases. There is a disconnect and now that is in my head a bit.

I think the disease is so unpredictable in how mild or strong it can be, that the vaccine seems like a good idea. People getting it have slowed to a snails pace, so I'm not sure we are close to herd immunity. The whole thing is very troubling--Covid, responses, lock downs, polarization of everything. I just pet my dog and cats and realize we can only manage our own lives as best we can.

I donít think we are near herd immunity. In my state, over 99% of Covid deaths in June were unvaccinated people.
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: July 16, 2021, 05:31:15 PM »

THere is no excuse for anyone not getting the vaccine. Get it. Do it for yourself and for the world you care about. It is an act of love as far as I am concerned.

Thumb up  Totally agree, the only people I know not vaccinated are members of the orange former guy cult, I find it impossible to care what happens to them.  (SHRUG)  It's their neighbors that can't be vaccinated and children I feel sympathy for, having to share space with selfish jerks.

I still hear, "It was developed too quick, I don't trust the science, I'll wait until more is known".  Can't fix stupid, can't make me care if they die either.   Secret

My county is trump country, only 30 something %.  All my friends, most of my family, even a majority (just not the really stupid ones) of my trumpers have got the shot.    It's wonderful socializing and not even worrying a little bit, I'm strict about "no vac...no see"   My cousin won't let her parents see her kids because they won't get vaccinated.  I stand with her 100%.  Another friend on a board at the college pitched a fit because they wouldn't let her attend meetings in person, she raised hell thinking she'd sway their decision, they ended up asking her to resign. 

I don't understand the wilfull ignorance, all (or most) people getting it, in the hospital and dying are the unvaccinated.  What is hard not to understand?  The cases are soaring, the map is solid red again, we're looking at lock downs and more mask mandates.   Selfish people ruining it for everyone. 

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: July 16, 2021, 06:30:10 PM »

Thumb up  Totally agree, the only people I know not vaccinated are members of the orange former guy cult, I find it impossible to care what happens to them.  (SHRUG)  It's their neighbors that can't be vaccinated and children I feel sympathy for, having to share space with selfish jerks.

I still hear, "It was developed too quick, I don't trust the science, I'll wait until more is known".  Can't fix stupid, can't make me care if they die either.   Secret

My county is trump country, only 30 something %.  All my friends, most of my family, even a majority (just not the really stupid ones) of my trumpers have got the shot.    It's wonderful socializing and not even worrying a little bit, I'm strict about "no vac...no see"   My cousin won't let her parents see her kids because they won't get vaccinated.  I stand with her 100%.  Another friend on a board at the college pitched a fit because they wouldn't let her attend meetings in person, she raised hell thinking she'd sway their decision, they ended up asking her to resign

I don't understand the wilfull ignorance, all (or most) people getting it, in the hospital and dying are the unvaccinated.  What is hard not to understand?  The cases are soaring, the map is solid red again, we're looking at lock downs and more mask mandates.   Selfish people ruining it for everyone. 

Stories like that in bold give me a tiny ray of hope.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: August 01, 2021, 03:06:06 AM »

Got my first dose of Moderna yesterday. 
Aubiette

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: August 01, 2021, 03:19:46 AM »

My hospital system has made vaccination mandatory by Nov. 12. We are extremely short staffed throughout the hospital and Iíll be curious to see how many choose to quit rather than get vaccinated. I am vaccinated but youíd be surprised how many healthcare workers, not to mention other areas of hospital employment, do not want the shot. The nursing shortage is already critical so fun times.
They force us to get flu shots each year so I fully expected the vaccine to become mandatory. I am a bit surprised that itís happening before full FDA approval, anywhere, not just the hospital though. Interesting, strange, awful, and never ending times weíre living in.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: