Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Covid Vaccinations  (Read 76568 times)
Aubiette

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: August 01, 2021, 03:20:23 AM »

Got my first dose of Moderna yesterday. 

Hug
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: August 01, 2021, 04:11:42 AM »

Hug

Thank you!   Hug

My having the first dose has given my loved ones tremendous peace of mind, and I'm hoping that my own peace of mind is soon to follow.
RainbowUnicorn68

Micro Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: August 01, 2021, 07:37:27 AM »

There was never any doubt in my mind, that I should get the vaccinations, not least due to my partner and my mother in law both being in the risk groups, and for the sake of all of us.

I tend to develop a large swollen sore red warm area on my arm if I get the flu shot, but it only happened when I got the second shot of the Covid vaccine (both Pfizer). Other than being sore in the arm and very tired, I was lucky enough to have no reaction to the shots.

I have a friend who has been shamed by most, because she is afraid of getting the vaccination and has chosen not to go through with it. She was almost afraid to tell me for fear of my reaction. I do feel we should choose for ourselves, and be allowed to have our reasons for not getting the shot, although I hope most people do choose to get vaccinated.

Here's to everyone getting through this pandemic! It's strange to think we are all affected by this one way or another.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: August 01, 2021, 09:50:09 AM »

There was never any doubt in my mind, that I should get the vaccinations, not least due to my partner and my mother in law both being in the risk groups, and for the sake of all of us.

I tend to develop a large swollen sore red warm area on my arm if I get the flu shot, but it only happened when I got the second shot of the Covid vaccine (both Pfizer). Other than being sore in the arm and very tired, I was lucky enough to have no reaction to the shots.

I have a friend who has been shamed by most, because she is afraid of getting the vaccination and has chosen not to go through with it. She was almost afraid to tell me for fear of my reaction. I do feel we should choose for ourselves, and be allowed to have our reasons for not getting the shot, although I hope most people do choose to get vaccinated.

Here's to everyone getting through this pandemic! It's strange to think we are all affected by this one way or another.

Hug
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: August 01, 2021, 09:53:04 AM »

A friend of mine switched from doubting to anti-vaccination. At least she posts and send forward critical posts and/or anti vaccination post to people who get vaccinated. At one point we even expected she would blame the vaccinations for my current lung emboli issues. But she surprised us. Everyone has a choice.
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: August 01, 2021, 11:51:41 AM »

Yes it is hard.... some people have had medical advice that the vaccine available to them is not recommended and so they post reports that support what path they are taking... in Australia the Astra Zeneca vaccine is the most readily available one but many people are hesitant to get it ....
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: August 02, 2021, 10:32:58 AM »

They are discussion mandatory vaccinations for hospital workers and teachers in Germany as well. There is an election coming up in September, so things are a bit quiet ....

Here there are a lot of adults not vaccinated and there is a huge pressure for children 12+ to get vaccinated despite the fact that there is no official recommendation. It is paradox: the children should get vaccinated to stop the pandemic that is mainly dangerous for older people who did not get a vaccination.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: August 02, 2021, 11:42:26 AM »

Hug

Hug
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: August 02, 2021, 09:16:44 PM »

If getting the vaccine meant full immunisation with neither risk of getting it or passing it on, I would be all for "forcing" healthcare personnel to get the jab. However, as it seems right now, it aims at preventing you from getting overly sick. So getting the jab is not reducing the risk of contractng and passing it on to more vulnerable people. It merely reduces your personal risk of having severe symptoms and or fatal complications.
Plus the current concoction is taylored to the currently known strains, and like the flu vaccines might prove completely useless to mutated versions.
I can understand the hesitations.
I chose to have the entire family vaccinated, mostly because I fear that they will restrict ones movements and liberties if you aren't vaccinated. But to be fair for mostly healthy and esp. young people it seems a chemical intake for doubtful benefits.
Alas, discussion is very difficult, you are branded an Anti-vaxxer, a rep. a whatnot if you simply express doubts and I would much prefer a healthier debate and a careful consideration of personal situations...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Mariola

Mini Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: August 02, 2021, 10:37:05 PM »

If getting the vaccine meant full immunisation with neither risk of getting it or passing it on, I would be all for "forcing" healthcare personnel to get the jab. However, as it seems right now, it aims at preventing you from getting overly sick. So getting the jab is not reducing the risk of contractng and passing it on to more vulnerable people. It merely reduces your personal risk of having severe symptoms and or fatal complications.
Plus the current concoction is taylored to the currently known strains, and like the flu vaccines might prove completely useless to mutated versions.
I chose to have the entire family vaccinated, mostly because I fear that they will restrict ones movements and liberties if you aren't vaccinated. But to be fair for mostly healthy and esp. young people it seems a chemical intake for doubtful benefits.
Alas, discussion is very difficult, you are branded an Anti-vaxxer, a rep. a whatnot if you simply express doubts and I would much prefer a healthier debate and a careful consideration of personal situations...

About the bold, I think that is because the anti-vaccine people who shout most loudly are also the people who are anti-mask and even who deny there is a virus. There should be a space for people also who do not want to have the vaccine but who acknowledge that in this case they will maintain distance and observe  other rules.  Helas I do not know how this can work.
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: August 03, 2021, 02:53:59 AM »

I'm in the not-vaxed-but-wearing-a-mask-everywhere-and-following-all-other-guidance camp.  I have eaten indoors at a restaurant twice.  First time was alarming because the place followed NO rules; only I did. 

Every now and then I say "There's more than one disease out there."  My companion will say "Oh yeah, that's right."  As if it never occurred to them to consider other illnesses.  It's as if everyone things getting everyone vaccinated for COV-19 will miraculously make this virus simply disappear.  I've always thought that this corona virus will *never* go away, and it's already shown us by its 20 or so variants.  It will indeed become another annual thing like "flu season."  Or the common cold (some are corona viruses, some are rhino viruses). 
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: August 03, 2021, 04:05:02 AM »

About the bold, I think that is because the anti-vaccine people who shout most loudly are also the people who are anti-mask and even who deny there is a virus. There should be a space for people also who do not want to have the vaccine but who acknowledge that in this case they will maintain distance and observe  other rules.  Helas I do not know how this can work.

Exactly.
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: August 10, 2021, 11:03:11 PM »

A vaccinated friend from college just came down with it.  She got it from someone at a trade show (traveled there with one daughter).  She flew, took public transportation, met family.  Now three others have it, and they've exposed a group of friends and the other family.

My friend posted a photo from the trade show with her standing unmasked, outdoors with the presumably infected person. 

When I am taking a picture with anyone these days, I take my mask off at the last minute and hold my breath until it's over.
Aubiette

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: August 10, 2021, 11:24:31 PM »

My state has gone from around 200 hospitalizations in early July to 2256+ today (highest since January) with something like only 6% of ICU beds available in the state.  Almost all of those hospitalized are unvaccinated. I’m a nurse and I’m tired. I’m all for freedom. I’m against mandates and forcing people to do things. I’m conservative and republican as hell. But you know what? I’m at the point where I’m over it. Don’t want to get it? Fine. We’ll still take care of your $&$ at the hospital IF we have enough staff or beds. Oh and when non emergent procedures are stopped (which is happening again in some places) and you can’t get your surgery or your cancer goes undiagnosed until late then I’m sorry. Oh and if you have a heart attack or a stroke and we don’t have an ICU bed available for you I’m sorry. I live in a state where only like 37% are vaccinated. I’m tired.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 11:31:21 PM by Aubiette » Logged
Mariola

Mini Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: August 10, 2021, 11:33:17 PM »

My state has gone from around 200 hospitalizations in early July to 2200+ today (highest since January) with something like only 6% of ICU beds available in the state.  Almost all of those hospitalized are unvaccinated. I’m a nurse and I’m tired. I’m all for freedom. I’m against mandates and forcing people to do things. I’m conservative and republican as hell. But you know what? I’m at the point where I’m over it. Don’t want to get it? Fine. We’ll still take care of your $&$ at the hospital IF we have enough staff or beds. Oh and when non emergent procedures are stopped (which is happening again in some places) and you can’t get your surgery or your cancer goes undiagnosed until late then I’m sorry. Oh and if you have a heart attack or a stroke and we don’t have an ICU bed available for you I’m sorry. I live in a state where only like 37% are vaccinated. I’m tired.

I am so sorry to read this  Sad.

I do not remember your state but it makes me angry to read about Florida and Texas and the numbers and not allowing masks in the schools etc etc. Also when I read 'oh it doesn't matter now if I catch it because they will know now how to treat in the hospital'  Real mad and never realising that one more unnecessary Covid person in the hospital means less treatment for somebody other.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: