Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Covid Vaccinations  (Read 85478 times)
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: August 29, 2021, 12:57:33 PM »

Hester sorry to hear you had a bad reaction to the vaccine. Such a lottery, isn't it?  Hope you can shake it off.

Thanks Jane! Iíd still get the vaccine again, but as someone who has only ever had the odd sniffle and hay fever, itís very unfamiliar feeling debilitated for so long! Itís been weird- I have lived most of my life on vegetables and salads & vegetarian proteins, my diet was madly healthy. For six weeks after the vaccine I could not face a vegetable. Only potatoes.  I had to disguise vegetables in curries! Iím only just eating the odd green vegetable again. I also used to eat hardcore German black bread that a German colleague has been baking weekly for me for six years! I have only been able to eat white bread since the vax. It is all very strange! 😹
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: August 29, 2021, 02:03:43 PM »

Cordelia, how are you feeling?

Like something the cat dragged in  Crazy

Woke up at 2 with the body aches and headache, thankfully they're not getting worse.  Slight fever, no energy.  Just kinda rough all around.

I think it could be much much worse so I'm grateful for that.

Thanks for checking  Hug
anneboleyn

Warned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: August 29, 2021, 03:44:54 PM »

Woke up at 2 with the body aches and headache, thankfully they're not getting worse.  Slight fever, no energy.  Just kinda rough all around.

Thanks for checking  Hug

Hope you start to feel better soon  Hug

ďAnd she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.Ē - Annabelle M. Ramos
Aubiette

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: August 29, 2021, 04:22:56 PM »

Thanks for checking  Hug

That was me. It was gone by the next day. Hope the same for you. Iíll be eligible for a booster next month I guess because I got my vax so long ago and Iím already wondering what those side effects will be like.  Nerves
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: August 29, 2021, 04:35:21 PM »

Thanks for checking  Hug

That was me. It was gone by the next day. Hope the same for you. Iíll be eligible for a booster next month I guess because I got my vax so long ago and Iím already wondering what those side effects will be like.  Nerves

Me too Aubiette. Mr. B and I are eligible in October, so Iím trying to make my work schedule a little lighter just in case. The second Pfizer shot was not too bad (better the next day), which gives me some hope that the booster side effects will be mild.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: August 29, 2021, 05:19:06 PM »

Thanks for checking  Hug

Me too Aubiette. Mr. B and I are eligible in October, so Iím trying to make my work schedule a little lighter just in case. The second Pfizer shot was not too bad (better the next day), which gives me some hope that the booster side effects will be mild.

Congrats on 7000 posts AB!

Hang in there Cordelia, hopefully it will be just for today.

We'll be eligible for the booster in December. I had more side effects from the Shingles vaccine, so I'm not worried about me, but TKotB had it worse, so we shall see. Not stopping us from getting it though.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: August 29, 2021, 08:30:29 PM »

Which shingles vaccine did you get?  I'm interested in getting it, but for some reason my GP didn't recommend Shingrix.  Can't remember her reason.  She also thought I should wait a few more years (I'm 52), which I thought was odd.  I switched GPs, by the way.
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: August 29, 2021, 08:55:06 PM »

Which shingles vaccine did you get?  I'm interested in getting it, but for some reason my GP didn't recommend Shingrix.  Can't remember her reason.  She also thought I should wait a few more years (I'm 52), which I thought was odd.  I switched GPs, by the way.

We got Shingrix - itís indicated for anyone over 50, so I donít know why your old GP would have an issue. Shingles is awful and I had no desire to chance getting it.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: August 29, 2021, 09:03:31 PM »

It was the Shingrix shingles vaccine. Our GP recommended it even though we'd both had shingles - mine was a light case, TKotB had what I now call long haul shingles - the pain lingered for months and he had to be put on some strong meds before it cleared up.

With the vaccine I had a few pustules and itching, but hubby had discomfort at his shingles site, which oddly enough happened also with his covid vaccination, along with a few muscle spasms there for good measure.

We're both in our 60's but our GP held off until last year (we'd been asking for awhile) and then said to get it. Perhaps there were problems with it previously, or he considered the immunity had run out.

As AB said, you don't want to get shingles if you can avoid it.

FWIW - the worst vaccine for side effects was the one for Yellow Fever - the side effects lasted over a month, and the shot itself was painful.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 10:05:36 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: August 30, 2021, 09:41:08 AM »

This weekend came the news that an in law tested positive for COVID. As being employed in health care, she was vaccinated early on. In her case with the Janssen vaccine. As far as I know she only had a cold (complaints similar to a cold). She is the 2nd or 3rd one in my surroundings to be vaccinated and got COVID afterwards. But in general is way less severe then would they have had COVID without vaccine, is assumed.
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: August 30, 2021, 03:38:06 PM »

This weekend came the news that an in law tested positive for COVID. As being employed in health care, she was vaccinated early on. In her case with the Janssen vaccine. As far as I know she only had a cold (complaints similar to a cold). She is the 2nd or 3rd one in my surroundings to be vaccinated and got COVID afterwards. But in general is way less severe then would they have had COVID without vaccine, is assumed.

The vaccines really do help make you much less sick if you contract Covid. My physical therapist just tested negative after his 6 year old came down with it (after parents knowingly sent a kid to daycare sick, but thatís another story).

Iím sorry about your in-law and hope they have a speedy recovery.
anneboleyn

Warned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: August 31, 2021, 06:27:10 PM »

Wishing them a speedy recovery! I'm glad the vaccine is making their symptoms mild.

ďAnd she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.Ē - Annabelle M. Ramos
Butterbean

Small Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: October 14, 2021, 10:44:36 PM »

Wondering if anyone has had joint pain after Pfizer? I have had terrible pains in knuckles, knees, and wondering how long it lasts?
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: October 14, 2021, 11:46:29 PM »

I didn't have pfizer but had my second AZ three weeks ago and my arm, around the injection site, is still sore and on some days I can barely lift by left arm. My GP has said it is an unusual side effect and it 'may go away or may not'.

It seems that there are a number of ongoing side effects that aren't being publicised.
anneboleyn

Warned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: October 15, 2021, 01:40:41 AM »

I hope it improves for you, lc. Canada pulled AZ from shelves thankfully. It seems like a riskier choice.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: