Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Covid Vaccinations  (Read 96021 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: October 15, 2021, 10:01:54 AM »

I have reported some possible effects to the Dutch agency that registers possible side effects. I was in doubt as many of the could also be part of the blood thinners I suddenly had to use and the stress around my physical and mental health.

Made me remember that I still have to answer some of the questions (in reply to my report) of the agency.
Paulina

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: October 15, 2021, 02:15:46 PM »

I got my booster shot Monday. Pfizer. My arm hurt for a couple days, and I was a little tired the next day.

Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

The Memorial Wall along the Southbank in London

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: October 27, 2021, 08:18:14 PM »

https://www.citizen.org/n...-in-vaccine-negotiations/
Report: How Pfizer Silences World Governments in Vaccine Negotiations
October 19, 2021
Contracts Show Pfizer Controls Vaccine Donations and Delivery Schedules, Bars Governments’ Public Discussion of Agreements

WASHINGTON, D.C. – A new Public Citizen report has revealed the extent to which Pfizer bullies governments in COVID-19 vaccine negotiations, including barring governments from discussing the agreements without Pfizer’s approval, retaining unilateral control to make key decisions and even securing an intellectual property waiver for itself.

“Pfizer is taking advantage of countries’ desperation,” said Peter Maybarduk, director of Public Citizen’s Access to Medicines program. “Most of us have sacrificed during the pandemic; staying distant to protect family and friends. Pfizer went the other way, using its control of scarce vaccines to win special privileges, from people that have little choice.”
First, Pfizer silences governments through the use of nondisclosure provisions in many of its contracts. Brazil, for example, is prohibited from making “any public announcement concerning the existence… or terms” of the contract or commenting on its relationship with Pfizer without Pfizer’s prior written consent.

Second, Pfizer can disallow governments from accepting additional donations of the Pfizer vaccine.

Third, Pfizer exempts itself from liability for intellectual property infringements, shifting the financial risk of Pfizer’s actions to government purchasers – despite Pfizer’s opposition to similar exemptions for manufacturers proposed at the World Trade Organization.

Fourth, it gives the power to secret private arbitrators, not public courts, to decide issues on contract disputes.

Fifth, Pfizer requires some countries to waive sovereign immunity, so it can go after state assets in case of a dispute.

Finally, Pfizer gives itself sole power when it comes to making key decisions, including how vaccine deliveries will be prioritized if there is a supply shortage.

“Behind closed doors, Pfizer wields its power to extract a series of concerning concessions from governments,” said Zain Rizvi, law and policy researcher at Public Citizen’s Access to Medicines program and author of the report. “The global community cannot allow pharmaceutical corporations to keep calling the shots.”

https://www.citizen.org/a...-95e4-d4d672a82a1b#_ftn57
Pfizer’s Power
October 19, 2021

Some governments have pushed back on Pfizer’s unilateral authority for other decisions. In South Africa, Pfizer wanted to have the “sole discretion to determine additional terms and guarantees for us to fulfill the indemnity obligations.”[57] South Africa deemed this “too risky” and a “potential risk to [their] assets and fiscus.”[58] After delays, Pfizer reportedly conceded to remove this “problematic term.”[59]
But others have not been as successful. As a condition to entering into the agreement, the Colombian government is required to “demonstrate, in a manner satisfactory to Suppliers, that Suppliers and their affiliates will have adequate protection, as determined in Suppliers’ sole discretion” (emphasis added) from liability claims.[60] Colombia is required to certify to Pfizer the value of the contingent obligations (i.e., potential future liability), and to start appropriating funds to cover the contingent obligations, according to a contribution program.[61]

Pfizer’s ability to control key decisions reflects the power imbalance in vaccine negotiations. Under the vast majority of contracts, Pfizer’s interests come first.

minimoos

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: October 30, 2021, 03:55:23 AM »

I didn't have pfizer but had my second AZ three weeks ago and my arm, around the injection site, is still sore and on some days I can barely lift by left arm. My GP has said it is an unusual side effect and it 'may go away or may not'.

It seems that there are a number of ongoing side effects that aren't being publicised.

I had a similar reaction to a flu shot a few years ago. I think it was due to where in the muscle they injected it- too high? I thought it would never go away, but it did eventually. Hope yours has, too!
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: October 30, 2021, 03:57:56 AM »

I didn't have pfizer but had my second AZ three weeks ago and my arm, around the injection site, is still sore and on some days I can barely lift by left arm. My GP has said it is an unusual side effect and it 'may go away or may not'.

It seems that there are a number of ongoing side effects that aren't being publicised.

I had a similar reaction to a flu shot a few years ago. I think it was due to where in the muscle they injected it- too high? I thought it would never go away, but it did eventually. Hope yours has, too!

I had a distracted nurse in a hurry place an injection in the wrong place a few years ago - affecting the tendon - and it took three months to come good.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: October 30, 2021, 11:44:02 AM »

I attended a conference with about a hundred people last week and despite several of the delegates testing positive for COVID, my pfizer immunity kicked in and I remain coronavirus free.

So yay for vaccines.

But, it has seriously messed up the timing of my menstrual cycle (sorry if TMI) and I wish some of the initial testing had actually accounted for women or that these side effects (which a lot of women have now reported) and been publicised a little more widely to help people 1. make informed choices and 2. be less surprised when their Lady Times go haywire.

Cool your jets, everyone
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: October 30, 2021, 01:43:49 PM »

I was unable to get Pfizer or another MRNA vaccination... at this point AZ is not recognised in US for entry purposes... so I’ll wait another few or more months to get to see a family member with health issues....
thecrownjewelthief

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: October 30, 2021, 03:48:52 PM »

I was unable to get Pfizer or another MRNA vaccination... at this point AZ is not recognised in US for entry purposes... so I’ll wait another few or more months to get to see a family member with health issues....

AZ will be okay for US entry purposes on November 8! I work in events and have been writing our covid protocols for 2022, and international travelers can enter the US with any WHO approved vaccine and a negative test (taken 72 hours or less before boarding) with the new travel rules that begin next month.
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: October 30, 2021, 03:52:31 PM »

AZ will be okay for US entry purposes on November 8! I work in events and have been writing our covid protocols for 2022, and international travelers can enter the US with any WHO approved vaccine and a negative test (taken 72 hours or less before boarding) with the new travel rules that begin next month.

Thanks.... I’ll wait to see if my visa comes through and the instructions on how the negative test can be taken and recognised
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: November 26, 2021, 07:25:54 PM »

New variant from Southern Africa detected. This is just neverending at this point.
Celia

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: November 26, 2021, 07:38:07 PM »

I never thought it *had* an end.  I was really surprised by everyone's "oh, the vaccine will completely eradicate this disease."  No, they never really go away.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: November 26, 2021, 08:03:06 PM »

New variant from Southern Africa detected. This is just neverending at this point.

No, but we are a long way from being back at square 1. South Africa alerted the world really early on about this variant, which is good and means scientists can start studying it now. We know how to test for covid, how to treat it, and how to make vaccines that prevent most people getting it. We are not sharing the vaccines widely enough, which increases the risks of mutations, and a lot of the basic public health efforts seem to have slipped (British people are terrible at wearing masks in enclosed spaces), but fingers crossed things aren't as grim as they look

Cool your jets, everyone
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: November 28, 2021, 10:12:51 PM »

I don't know if this is the right place for this but has anyone else been hearing stories about negatibve effects of C19 vax?  Nerves Blink

a very good freind of mine's daughter got vax with P vax and has blurry vision and can't read now.

G Blink

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
anneboleyn

Warned
Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: November 28, 2021, 10:32:33 PM »

I haven’t heard of anything. Majority of people I know are vaccinated and nobody has had side effects that extend beyond 48 hours.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: November 28, 2021, 11:21:37 PM »

I don't know if this is the right place for this but has anyone else been hearing stories about negatibve effects of C19 vax?  Nerves Blink

a very good freind of mine's daughter got vax with P vax and has blurry vision and can't read now.

G Blink

Up to 48 hours then all fine. Better than actual Covid, right?
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: