Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 38   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Covid Vaccinations  (Read 97253 times)
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: March 09, 2021, 11:26:26 PM »

I had my first dose of Moderna last week and have my second appointment for March 30.  Banana
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: March 10, 2021, 12:03:34 AM »

It is apparently somewhat a role of the dice. The Duke made his own appointment about 2 weeks ago and is scheduled for 10 days from now. He went on today, and there were multiple appointments available about 20 minutes from here. And it was 60* in NY today. I am feeling spring and the world starting to turn again.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: March 10, 2021, 12:20:16 AM »

It is apparently somewhat a role of the dice. The Duke made his own appointment about 2 weeks ago and is scheduled for 10 days from now. He went on today, and there were multiple appointments available about 20 minutes from here. And it was 60* in NY today. I am feeling spring and the world starting to turn again.

Yeah, I made mine at midnight the day our age group qualified - at the first website I came to that was set up to roll over at midnight to the next qualification. By the time I finished making his appointment there was nothing until the next day. But we don't have to travel very far either - in the same county the next town over. Lots of our contemporaries are getting shots this week, and on Thursday they open it to anyone 50+.

Last Thursday the Gov gave the criteria for dropping all the health orders and  opening the state back up: we must drop to 50 cases per 100,000 people for two weeks. So it won't be anytime soon, but with more and more people being vaccinated it is an achievable goal. Right now we have one county meeting that mark, and that county is primarily Amish.

I'm loving the bit of early spring we're having too!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies.     CS Lewis
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: March 11, 2021, 12:38:57 AM »

Just think, sometime in the foreseeable future we can drop the masks!
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: March 12, 2021, 06:44:23 PM »

I got the first of the shots yesterday. I got the Pfizer vaccine.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: March 12, 2021, 09:25:51 PM »

We were given the Moderna vaccine. No side effects except for the usual arm soreness you get from any vaccination.

So we went to our friends funeral this morning. We poked our noses into the sanctuary - found they were not social distanced enough for us to be comfortable, so we waited in the car and went to the committal service at the gravesite. We were talking with friends afterward and the conversation, of course, turned to who had gotten vaccinated, what vaccine did they get and where were their shots given. Most were evenly divided between Moderna and Pfizer, with one person having received the Johnson & Johnson shot. Everyone wanted to know where. The King of the Britons has a work colleague with allergies so she must have the J&J vaccine. He'll be passing that information along.

The new networking is how and where to get vaccinated.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies.     CS Lewis
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: March 24, 2021, 11:44:30 AM »

Recently, vaccinations have been a common topic of conversation in my area. Within the Netherlands there is apparently quite a difference between regions when it is who's turn. For example, my parents (both> 75 years old; group 75-80 years) did not have their vaccination appointments until the end of April and in May. Fortunately, they can now both be the first (08:30) on a Sunday in the nearby town. While according to reports online in other regions 60-64 year olds are already being vaccinated ..... And the question is how it will go if being vaccinated in the summer may be a requirement for a holiday in / traveling abroad ... .

For now I am relatively healthy in body and limb, relatively young and I am mobile. No function in healthcare or a really essential work atmosphere. As a result, I will in all probability be one of the last to qualify for a vaccination.
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: March 24, 2021, 01:08:10 PM »

Just think, sometime in the foreseeable future we can drop the masks!

In NSW from next Monday - along with pretty well all other restrictions, other than the 'sign in to businesses' etc via the use of a QR code.

Australia is starting to roll out the vaccine to the over 70s, over 50s for indigenous Aussies and those with serious underlying conditions. We have also approved the AZ vaccine that is being manufactured here and by next month they should be producing 1 million doses a week so we won't need to rely on any from overseas.

Of course the roll out, in NSW, has been affected this week by the floods and Australia has also sent thousands of doses to PNG due to their recent outbreak.

I have no idea when I will be getting the vaccine. As we are using GPs and my GP isn't participating I have no idea how I am to get the vaccine. I suspect that I won't be getting it at all or it will be sometime next year or in 2023.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 01:14:21 PM by luvcharles » Logged
Ellie

Muted
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: March 24, 2021, 09:47:10 PM »

I got mine today. It was really painful.

At least when we live in a world where you can only participate in life if you are vaccinated (but still must socially distance and wear masks, of course) I can maybe do things.

I do have a tentative flight booked to the UK in the autumn to see my family and some dear friends. We'll see.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
genegal43

Gigantic Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: March 24, 2021, 10:38:53 PM »

Krispy Kreme is offering free donuts to people who get the vaccine.

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
thecrownjewelthief

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: March 25, 2021, 05:38:55 PM »

My state still has restrictions on who is eligible overall but a few rural counties have opened vaccinations up to everyone who wants one, so I just got an appointment for this weekend for my first dose! I live in a big city so I'm sure it will be hard to get one here once it's fully open, so I'm excited to get mine and then hopefully be able to volunteer at vaccination events too. I'm in my 30s so anticipated having to wait a few more months to get in, but the more people getting the shot the better.
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: March 25, 2021, 07:39:13 PM »

Supercontent  getting my second Pfizer shot in the morning.  I live in trumpinstan, not many have worn masks even with mandates, no penalties.  I'll still wear a mask when I'm out, I'd be horrified if people thought I was a selfish, inconsiderate trumper  Wink

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: March 26, 2021, 10:58:31 AM »

I live in the Black Forest (Germany) and the roll-out is so painfully slow. My 84+ dad only got an appointment next week because a friend stayed up all night.
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: March 26, 2021, 11:06:27 AM »

In Australia we are only starting to get access to vaccines and understanding that it is restricted... no mass vaccinations here you have to go to your Dr but many are not registered to participate in the program and those that are are not accepting people not already registered as patients... some people in limited circumstances are being accepted but for the rest it will be a very long wait ... I’m in the long wait category as my Dr is not part of the the program.... was told the logistics and cost to be part of the program was not within the parameters for them .... special freezers to store the vaccine and extra staff and not enough doses available to make it viable... guess we are behind the 8ball in delivery
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 11:13:59 AM by Princess MS » Logged
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: March 26, 2021, 11:14:51 AM »

Princess MS - my GP has said that as he understands it no one from his surgery (and he is at a medical centre with over 5,000 adults on the books) will be able to get the vaccine at all. They aren't participating and other GPs in the area aren't taking any new patients - or are giving appointments for dates well into next year. I had a friend, who goes to the same medical centre as I do and is now eligible and they were given an appointment for the first does for June 2022 at another doctor's that is over an hour's drive away.

Why they aren't using mass vaccination centres I have no idea but the roll out will be very slow. My sister-in-law's GP is doing 4 vaccinations per day maximum and will do all existing patients first. He has already given everyone their date and time and it will take over a year for all of his existing patients to be vaccinated.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 38   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: