Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Covid Vaccinations  (Read 74227 times)
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: March 26, 2021, 10:12:30 PM »

Staples and Office Depot/Office Max will laminate your vaccination cards for free.

Office Depot and Office Max will laminate vaccination cards for anyone fully vaccinated through Sunday, July 25. Bring in a coupon with the code 52516714 when you go to an Office Depot or Office Max store.

Staples is doing a similar promotion, according to Business Insider. Coupon code 81450 will get you a free vaccine card lamination until May 1 ó just make sure to only go once you have been fully vaccinated and your card is complete.

I love this  . . . .

« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 10:22:03 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: March 27, 2021, 08:58:24 AM »

Princess MS - my GP has said that as he understands it no one from his surgery (and he is at a medical centre with over 5,000 adults on the books) will be able to get the vaccine at all. They aren't participating and other GPs in the area aren't taking any new patients - or are giving appointments for dates well into next year. I had a friend, who goes to the same medical centre as I do and is now eligible and they were given an appointment for the first does for June 2022 at another doctor's that is over an hour's drive away.

Why they aren't using mass vaccination centres I have no idea but the roll out will be very slow. My sister-in-law's GP is doing 4 vaccinations per day maximum and will do all existing patients first. He has already given everyone their date and time and it will take over a year for all of his existing patients to be vaccinated.

Yes - my brother got the shot - he works in Aged Care but had to drive to Sunshine Coast to get it - he lives in Gold Coast ..... logistics are not working
Kayzilla

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: March 27, 2021, 10:58:03 AM »

Staples and Office Depot/Office Max will laminate your vaccination cards for free.

Office Depot and Office Max will laminate vaccination cards for anyone fully vaccinated through Sunday, July 25. Bring in a coupon with the code 52516714 when you go to an Office Depot or Office Max store.

Staples is doing a similar promotion, according to Business Insider. Coupon code 81450 will get you a free vaccine card lamination until May 1 ó just make sure to only go once you have been fully vaccinated and your card is complete.

I love this  . . . .

Thanks for this info! Iím going to try go get mine laminated today!
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: March 28, 2021, 01:06:04 AM »

In 13 hours time those of us in NSW will have our lives back (other than not being able to go overseas). The only restriction that will remain will be social distancing - no masks, no limits in homes or other places including funeral, weddings or other religious services, everything able to open and full houses at concerts, sporting events etc.

As regards the vaccine - I was at a meeting yesterday and this is the third meeting this year for this group. At the first meeting everyone was keen to get the vaccine asap. Last month it was down to about 60% and now it is down to about 20% willing to get the vaccine. I am in my early 60s and was the youngest at the meeting but these people are simply not prepared to take the risks associated with the virus and one of the arguments is that 'why do we need it when we are back to normal from Monday?' Most of them have no interest in travelling overseas anymore either. A couple though have relatives in nursing homes and they said that their relatives have not yet had the vaccine and when they asked when their relative would get the vaccine the answer was 'who knows - we hope sometime this year but it could be next year?' So much for nursing homes being in the first group to be vaccinated.

We have done brilliantly in stopping the spread of the virus but the government has definitely dropped the ball with the vaccine roll-out.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: March 28, 2021, 01:27:15 AM »

^^^  I am worried that Australians are becoming complacent and I am also worried about the delay with the vaccinations.   My husband and I are over 60 and 70 respectively and I have a health condition that puts me in category 1b, and I had read that we should have been able to make appointments for vaccinations from 22nd March. Luckily our GP's practice is one that is administering the vaccine so we can make appointments, and I expected we would be able to have them soon,  but this week we were told they are only making appointments for people over 80, and there are lots in that category here, so goodness knows when we will get a chance.  I don't know what is causing the delay as the initial government blurb said that there would be an adequate number of doses.
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: March 28, 2021, 01:40:24 AM »

I think the delay is to do with using GPs who have a lot of other things to do. That is why by GPs practice refused to participate as they want to be able to see all patients and not spend the amount of time needed to vaccinate people.

My sister-in-law's GP is limiting his practice to 4 jabs a day only ... and I wouldn't be surprised if others aren't doing the same thing in order to continue to deal with other patients.

When I think how efficiently schools are able to vaccinate students - we do 100 students in 2 hours four times a year - I do think that mass vaccination centres in town halls etc would see the roll-out go a lot faster and more efficiently.

Now they are also worried about people not having their flu vaccinations this year as well and they aren't making it clear that people need at least two weeks (according to some medical expert I saw on Sunrise on Friday) between flu and covid vaccines.

I have an underlying health condition and am in 1b but have been told 'forget it for this year' as I can't go to my GP but have to go to another and they are all saying they will only vaccinate new patients after they have vaccinated all existing patients.
Ellie

Muted
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: March 28, 2021, 01:52:17 AM »

It all sounds ridiculous to me but you all know how I feel about government authoritarianism. It just doesn't end. If you have no vaccinations then you are essentially imprisoned until God knows when then unable to travel and with no one to travel there, right? I'd love to go to Australia but I can't see it in my lifetime.

My arm still hurts terribly, and I've reported another thing to the CDC. I began my period the day I got my shot. It disappeared completely. Very disconcerting. For about 24 hours I felt like absolute rubbish but gradually felt better. I got Johnson&Johnson so just one dose. I've noticed those who are my age group, ie millennials, are getting hit by harder side effects than our parents are.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: March 28, 2021, 03:13:06 AM »

I do know that the government will sort this out. We have only been vaccinating for a month now and the first roll out was in nursing homes and the most at risk.

When they realise they need to change strategy I am sure they will do so and will keep to their promise of everyone with at least one jab by the end of October and all with two by the end of the year with borders reopening for Aussies to travel overseas next year. Tourism is too large in industry in this country to be shut down any longer than is necessary and we have a federal election due by May next year as well.

We are now producing the AZ vaccine here and that should be rolling out a million doses a week in a week or so's time and that will see things pick up. As people demand the vaccine I am also sure GPs will also increase their rate of dosage.
Ellie

Muted
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: March 28, 2021, 03:14:00 AM »

If Australia ever does open its borders again I'll sure be on a flight to Sydney! I've always wanted to visit. New Zealand, too.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
thecrownjewelthief

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: March 28, 2021, 02:32:01 PM »

It all sounds ridiculous to me but you all know how I feel about government authoritarianism. It just doesn't end. If you have no vaccinations then you are essentially imprisoned until God knows when then unable to travel and with no one to travel there, right? I'd love to go to Australia but I can't see it in my lifetime.

My arm still hurts terribly, and I've reported another thing to the CDC. I began my period the day I got my shot. It disappeared completely. Very disconcerting. For about 24 hours I felt like absolute rubbish but gradually felt better. I got Johnson&Johnson so just one dose. I've noticed those who are my age group, ie millennials, are getting hit by harder side effects than our parents are.

Yes, younger people, especially young women, have the strongest side effects. It has to do with your immune system being stronger (one of my best friends is a medical PhD and researcher).

I got my first Moderna yesterday and my arm definitely hurts. I also felt a little under the weather - slightly feverish and tired - but feel better this morning besides the arm.
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: March 28, 2021, 02:38:14 PM »

Yes, younger people, especially young women, have the strongest side effects. It has to do with your immune system being stronger (one of my best friends is a medical PhD and researcher).

I got my first Moderna yesterday and my arm definitely hurts. I also felt a little under the weather - slightly feverish and tired - but feel better this morning besides the arm.

Yes.  The younger you are, the more effects.

Does anyone know of its worse if you've had it before?

I'm not eligible yet so just waiting to schedule once I can. I'll be at least 6 months post once eligible.

The only post-pos person my age who has gotten the vaccine, had it 1 year prior and had barely any antibodies (tested a few weeks prior to vaccine).
casie

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: April 24, 2021, 03:12:15 AM »

Iím happy to report that, as of last Saturday, all (human) members of my household are fully vaccinated. 
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: April 24, 2021, 04:21:06 AM »

I was fully vaccinated a week ago. I got the Pfizer vaccine. The hospital where I got an appointment only offers Pfizer. I just want to let everyone know how great Pfizer is. I had almost no side effect at all. After the 1st dose, I didn't feel soreness in the arm until 7 hours later and it's not that different from the soreness I felt after flu shot. That lasted a day or 2. After the 2nd dose, I was warned about side effects by the nurse, but I hardly felt anything. I felt a bit lethargic. That's all.

Highly recommend Pfizer.   
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: April 24, 2021, 06:11:08 AM »

If Australia ever does open its borders again I'll sure be on a flight to Sydney! I've always wanted to visit. New Zealand, too.

Those of us who live in Australia also wish to be able to leave the country to visit family and loved ones OS - even with restrictions placed on coming back.

Hopefully you do get a chance to come here one day
casie

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: April 24, 2021, 08:26:39 AM »

I was fully vaccinated a week ago. I got the Pfizer vaccine. The hospital where I got an appointment only offers Pfizer. I just want to let everyone know how great Pfizer is. I had almost no side effect at all. After the 1st dose, I didn't feel soreness in the arm until 7 hours later and it's not that different from the soreness I felt after flu shot. That lasted a day or 2. After the 2nd dose, I was warned about side effects by the nurse, but I hardly felt anything. I felt a bit lethargic. That's all.

Highly recommend Pfizer.   

I got the Pfizer as well.  With my first dose, I had no side effects.  The day after my second, however, I felt like death warmed over, basically body aches and flu-like symptoms.  But I was okay the next day.  I'd say to anyone to just take it easy the next day, especially after your second dose, and drink lots of water! 

My folks got the one-dose J&J, and they experienced no symptoms at all. 
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: