Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 37   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Covid Vaccinations  (Read 86036 times)
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: April 24, 2021, 09:08:55 AM »

If Australia ever does open its borders again I'll sure be on a flight to Sydney! I've always wanted to visit. New Zealand, too.

Those of us who live in Australia also wish to be able to leave the country to visit family and loved ones OS - even with restrictions placed on coming back.

Hopefully you do get a chance to come here one day

Given that three Premiers are insisting on zero cases I suspect either they will have to change their views or we won't be opening up for years - look at the WA situation - lock down over 2 cases for a long weekend. While that is the response of the premiers we can't open our borders.
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: April 24, 2021, 10:22:22 AM »

If Australia ever does open its borders again I'll sure be on a flight to Sydney! I've always wanted to visit. New Zealand, too.

Those of us who live in Australia also wish to be able to leave the country to visit family and loved ones OS - even with restrictions placed on coming back.

Hopefully you do get a chance to come here one day

Given that three Premiers are insisting on zero cases I suspect either they will have to change their views or we won't be opening up for years - look at the WA situation - lock down over 2 cases for a long weekend. While that is the response of the premiers we can't open our borders.

Or we could do better re vaccination... why is that such a stuff up .... Im not likely to qualify any time soon ... until the Federal Government actually makes mass vaccination possible - they have that responsibility - then every time some new incident with multiple people happens then that will be response. And quarantine should be in Federal Government facilities as was the case for decades... but I guess they got sold off. Im pissed off with the disregard for basic services. Anyway my comments were about being able to leave Australia and again that is a Federal issue....
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: April 24, 2021, 11:23:00 AM »

Vaccination won't stop cases. It only reduces symptoms and the chances of hospitalisation and death but doesn't stop the transmission of the virus.

The vaccine roll-out isn't going well but the media constantly harping on the blood clot issue is now seeing people cancelling appointments for their vaccines. I know many people over 50 who are saying 'I won't have AZ at all - not worth the risk'. We have a crisis in confidence with the vaccine now as well.

I have a friend who asked her GP what the medium term and long term effects of the vaccine are - and of course the GP had to answer 'we don't know and won't know for between three and ten years ... when we reach the medium term and the long term'. For some older people they are remembering things like thalidomide, a very successful drug at preventing morning sickness but what was the medium term effect - massive birth defects.
Ellie

Muted
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: April 24, 2021, 12:09:25 PM »

The vaccines work as vaccines do, clearly having an effect on transmission as well (looking at the UK, Israel, most of the USA, studies proving they work great) but its endemic and wont go away. Weve known that from the off. Much like the other viruses weve got round, its manageable having those vulnerable vaccinated. I assume then the Australian government intends to be under lockdown whenever someone tests positive to until the end of time with permanently closed borders? Weve lost our collective minds. Seems like people want to live like this forever...

I got J&J. We have higher chances of blood clots from the pill than we do these vaccines!

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: April 24, 2021, 01:59:16 PM »

The vaccines work as vaccines do, clearly having an effect on transmission as well (looking at the UK, Israel, most of the USA, studies proving they work great) but its endemic and wont go away. Weve known that from the off. Much like the other viruses weve got round, its manageable having those vulnerable vaccinated. I assume then the Australian government intends to be under lockdown whenever someone tests positive to until the end of time with permanently closed borders? Weve lost our collective minds. Seems like people want to live like this forever...

I got J&J. We have higher chances of blood clots from the pill than we do these vaccines!

I don't but I don't have a choice - effective vaccines are just that - we no longer have smallpox etc as we got vaccinated - and still do .... yes there are risks to some people but if information is shared appropriately in a non political way then people have an opportunity to make decisions - that is not happening here at the moment
thecrownjewelthief

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: April 24, 2021, 04:16:05 PM »

I got my second Moderna yesterday and besides my arm hurting, I feel fine. Slept later than usual today but that could just be the end of a long week. My mom got her second on Wednesday and had a fever of 101, chills, and said it was the worst headache she's had in years and barely slept. The immune system is a wild thing!
Aubiette

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: April 24, 2021, 04:21:34 PM »

Im confused about why it is difficult for those of you in Aus to get the vaccine. It seems that you had/have the strictest lockdown so I would assume that distribution of any of the vaccines would be the number one priority of your government. Is it supply issues? Money? Government failure?
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: April 24, 2021, 04:32:06 PM »

Im confused about why it is difficult for those of you in Aus to get the vaccine. It seems that you had/have the strictest lockdown so I would assume that distribution of any of the vaccines would be the number one priority of your government. Is it supply issues? Money? Government failure?

Well we have limited ability to produce vaccines (or much else) as almost everything other than food is imported. Apparently AZ was to supply vaccines from Europe - not enough to cover the population but a start. Then the EU blocked exports as they put their population first - can't argue against that. And AZ offered to do it "at cost" so it would probably be at the top of the list as the Government would look for the cheapest option. They said it would be supplied for "free" except the taxpayer pays for everything and even if vaccine is free the clinics that provide it will charge for services .... and the roll out is abysmal ..... so I'm not sure which of the failures is at the top of the list
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: April 24, 2021, 04:58:21 PM »

We are producing AZ in Australia but we also had to send over a million doses to PNG to help with their major issue.

The organisation of getting the vaccine to the GPs has been an issue but GPs have to see their regular patients as well and many are limiting the number of vaccinations they will give per day e.g. my sister-in-laws GP is only do four per day between 5.00 and 6.00 p.m. If you are unable to see him during that time too bad and he has about 600 patients for his surgery so at 4 per day and 1200 to give he will take well over a year to vaccinate all his patients.

Then there are GPs like mine, part of a large medical practice with over 10,000 adult patients (over 30 GPs) who have decided to not participate at all.

The mistake was using GPs as the main distribution.

Now of course AZ isn't recommended to anyone under 50 and people over 50 are asking 'what is so magical about 50?' - especially those in their early 50s. Some older people are saying they will have pfizer or nothing but we aren't expecting anymore pfizer until October at the earliest.

Victoria opened three mass vaccination centres the other day but very few people turned up.

The media makes headline news of every blot clot case giving the details of the individual. With at least one death linked to the vaccine and possibly another it does raise questions about safety.

Yes our external borders will remain closed at least until the end of this year - but otherwise we are largely living normal lives with huge crowds at events, no masks etc. That is another issue - why take a risk on a vaccine when we are living normal lives.

We also have three state premiers, the ones who order lock downs, who insist on zero cases and every time there is a case they will lock down parts of their state. The other three state premiers are trying to let us learn to live with the virus but also know that a couple of cases in a neighbouring state could see the borders between states closed at a moment's notice. The Federal government doesn't control state borders, or health matters.

Health is a state matter so once the vaccine is with the state governments it is up to them to decide how to get it to their people.

Parts of WA are now in lock down because one person completed their 14 days of hotel quarantine ... tested negative before leaving the quarantine and then they went about their normal lives but after 5 days in the community they tested positive (raising the question about how they acquired the virus as well as the incubation period of the strain). This person then flew to Melbourne which is now watching to see if they have any new cases and if they do no doubt Melbourne will also return to lock down.
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: April 24, 2021, 05:27:41 PM »

We are producing AZ in Australia but we also had to send over a million doses to PNG to help with their major issue.

The organisation of getting the vaccine to the GPs has been an issue but GPs have to see their regular patients as well and many are limiting the number of vaccinations they will give per day e.g. my sister-in-laws GP is only do four per day between 5.00 and 6.00 p.m. If you are unable to see him during that time too bad and he has about 600 patients for his surgery so at 4 per day and 1200 to give he will take well over a year to vaccinate all his patients.

Then there are GPs like mine, part of a large medical practice with over 10,000 adult patients (over 30 GPs) who have decided to not participate at all.

Now of course AZ isn't recommended to anyone under 50 and people over 50 are asking 'what is so magical about 50?' - especially those in their early 50s. Some older people are saying they will have pfizer or nothing but we aren't expecting anymore pfizer until October at the earliest.

Victoria opened three mass vaccination centres the other day but very few people turned up.

The media makes headline news of every blot clot case giving the details of the individual. With at least one death linked to the vaccine and possibly another it does raise questions about safety.

Yes our external borders will remain closed at least until the end of this year - but otherwise we are largely living normal lives with huge crowds at events, no masks etc. That is another issue - why take a risk on a vaccine when we are living normal lives.

We also have three state premiers, the ones who order lock downs, who insist on zero cases and every time there is a case they will lock down parts of their state. The other three state premiers are trying to let us learn to live with the virus but also know that a couple of cases in a neighbouring state could see the borders between states closed at a moment's notice. The Federal government doesn't control state borders, or health matters.

Health is a state matter so once the vaccine is with the state governments it is up to them to decide how to get it to their people.

Parts of WA are now in lock down because one person completed their 14 days of hotel quarantine ... tested negative before leaving the quarantine and then they went about their normal lives but after 5 days in the community they tested positive (raising the question about how they acquired the virus as well as the incubation period of the strain). This person then flew to Melbourne which is now watching to see if they have any new cases and if they do no doubt Melbourne will also return to lock down.

The AZ vaccine going to PNG is coming from Europe and not here - no AZ from Europe is going to be anytime soon... so "we" have not produced anything that is being diverted to there

The roll out has been awful or not happening .... this is not a State Govt issue - Morrison was quite clear he was in control. Or clearly not.

As for State Premiers - I remember the NSW one blocking anyone from Vic coming into the State for a long time and also is the one that let the infected cruise patients in as they had contacts in "high places" who also attended the same church.

As for "health" being a "State matter" yes - if you go to a public hospital it is State funded - but go to a GP it is very poorly partially funded by the Commonwealth Govt. If you need surgery then you go on a waiting list or pay yourself with almost no assistance as Medicare has been stripped of funding for years. And as GP's are the preferred method of the inept Health Minister Hunt to roll out the vaccine that is either not recommended for those under 50 or the others which are not available yet then I suggest you direct your concerns to him and not blame the State Ministers who offered to assist as clearly he is a dud. Even the NSW one did - Gladys stepped up when she saw how hopeless Winter was going to be.

I have enough sense to protect myself as best I can and enough smarts to see what the issues are and who is responsible ...

Aubiette

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: April 24, 2021, 06:05:30 PM »

Thanks for explaining ladies. Hopefully the situation will improve and hopefully you can get access to the other vaccines as well. Leaving it up to GPs certainly sounds like a recipe for failure. Perhaps as you get more supply they will open up vaccine distribution sites.
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: April 24, 2021, 11:33:42 PM »

That has not been my experience.  Nobody wants to live like this, but people who wont follow CDC guidelines and have turned a simple health precaution into a political football are helping to prolong the process.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: April 25, 2021, 04:11:51 AM »

Supply issues (Europe breaking supply contracts), logistical issues (Pfizer needing cold temperatures), blood clotting issues (under 50s restricted to Pfizer)...
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: April 25, 2021, 04:17:42 AM »

The AZ vaccine going to PNG is coming from Europe and not here - no AZ from Europe is going to be anytime soon... so "we" have not produced anything that is being diverted to there

The roll out has been awful or not happening .... this is not a State Govt issue - Morrison was quite clear he was in control. Or clearly not.

As for State Premiers - I remember the NSW one blocking anyone from Vic coming into the State for a long time and also is the one that let the infected cruise patients in as they had contacts in "high places" who also attended the same church.

As for "health" being a "State matter" yes - if you go to a public hospital it is State funded - but go to a GP it is very poorly partially funded by the Commonwealth Govt. If you need surgery then you go on a waiting list or pay yourself with almost no assistance as Medicare has been stripped of funding for years. And as GP's are the preferred method of the inept Health Minister Hunt to roll out the vaccine that is either not recommended for those under 50 or the others which are not available yet then I suggest you direct your concerns to him and not blame the State Ministers who offered to assist as clearly he is a dud. Even the NSW one did - Gladys stepped up when she saw how hopeless Winter was going to be.

I have enough sense to protect myself as best I can and enough smarts to see what the issues are and who is responsible ...

Simply not true, sorry. GPs are not allowed to charge a consultation fee to give the COVID vaccine. They bill the govt.

More generally, Ive had amazing health care on Medicare with minimal gap fees. I have nil private health insurance - 100% public.
Ellie

Muted
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: April 25, 2021, 04:20:27 AM »

It's crazy considering it seems like the government there just wants to continue this indefinitely. Granted I do believe many of them DO wish to do so and for varying reasons but it will eventually be politically untenable and unsustainable economically... Here in the US the narrative is still: vaccines don't prevent transmission and don't even work but get one anyway, also no normal ever again unless kids get vaccinated and even then goalposts. So frustrating when we have working vaccines and amazing technology, we should be positive and ending this NOW but instead why? I think media also makes a lot of money out of the hysteria, the 24/7 scary news cycle that's been perpetuated since 9/11. I know people who won't let their kids leave the house still. Sad

I don't get the blood clot worries so much considering we women go through worse chances with them with our birth control pills. When you have SO many folks vaccinated at once like this and look at EVERY little thing I think it seems like it is a bigger issue than it is, and of course media pushes it as a huge issue as if it is something that will affect everyone.

I think you in Aus - example my friend who is American, she cannot leave and wishes to do so but were she a celebrity she could come and go if she pleased? It's completely crazy. I do not think open borders will happen with these policies ever, do they ever intend to open borders? No it seems like. What about Australians who want to go home? That's a human rights abuse imo. It is as if this is the Plague met Ebola and had a baby judging by our reaction.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 37   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: