Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: British Royal News.  (Read 551598 times)
luvcharles

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2610 on: July 04, 2018, 02:04:32 AM »

Officially the girls have done 7 engagements each this year. They are the engagements that are paid for by The Queen - the concert for the Queen, the banquet at CHOGM, Trooping, afternoon party, a couple of receptions, beating retreat and the Chelsea Flower Show (not all for both).

That is slightly up on past years but they don't make 10 most years - according to the poster on TRF who keeps a count of the times the girls appear in the CC.

They both also do a number of charity engagements but as private citizens and these can amount to 20 - 30 each per year (as per the same source as above - but she relies on other people to give her links to these engagements so makes it clear that they may not be accurate).
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2611 on: July 04, 2018, 09:55:29 AM »

When William becomes Duke of Cornwall Charles will be King and he will be funding Harry from the Duchy of Lancaster not William funding him from the Duchy of Cornwall.

When William becomes King he will continue then to fund Harry but from the Duchy of Lancaster - along with Charlotte and Louis and their families.

Only the Duke of Cornwall and his immediate descendants are funded from the Duchy of Cornwall. The rest are from the Duchy of Lancaster - which is a major reason Charles wants to stop the York girls working for the firm - he doesn't want to have to support them or commit William and George from having to do so into the future.

Interesting. I don't think I knew Charles was trying to stop the York girls from working for BRF (and thereby financing them.) I feel like I've seen Eugenie in particular, up her number of appearances. Maybe that's just because I follow her on Instagram though. I imagine Andrew isn't happy with Charles' plans.
LOL, that's like saying Atlantis had a water problem….

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Oh_Caroline

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2612 on: July 04, 2018, 03:05:26 PM »

I think this is where Charles misses the mark.   While I agree that the girls aren't needed as FT working royals I would like to see their patronages appear in the court circular.   I would also like to see the girls at things like Festival of Remembrance, Remembrance Sunday, State Visits, & Diplomatic Reception.   Events where you expect a large royal presence.   Of course I expected the boys to attend once they were adults and their wives from marriage.   The girls could help to fill the gap at the big stuff between the time that the Queen's cousins retire/die and George/Charlotte/Louis/Spouses start attending.   Even a small office with a Private Secretary, Personal Private Secretary, and receptionist wouldn't break the bank.   A little give on Charles's part could have prevented rumors.
lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2613 on: July 04, 2018, 04:09:21 PM »

the UK will have to spend a minimum of 6.6 million US dollars for tRump to play golf at his Scotland resort...........
but the US gets to pay 4-times that amount for Trump to play golf...as he never leaves the White House without his personal car/beast/limo which has to fly whereever he may be.plus all the support staff and security
plus all the food and lodging for ALL his "group" - his resort charges even himself to be paid for with US tax dollars   
Celia

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #2614 on: July 04, 2018, 07:29:21 PM »

The duke of Kent is in the front row at Wimbledon, and his brother's family further along also in the front row.  Does anyone recognize the lady next to the duke?  Looks kinda like Princess Irene of Greece.
QueenE

Baby Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2615 on: July 04, 2018, 07:53:18 PM »

When William becomes Duke of Cornwall Charles will be King and he will be funding Harry from the Duchy of Lancaster not William funding him from the Duchy of Cornwall.

When William becomes King he will continue then to fund Harry but from the Duchy of Lancaster - along with Charlotte and Louis and their families.

Only the Duke of Cornwall and his immediate descendants are funded from the Duchy of Cornwall. The rest are from the Duchy of Lancaster - which is a major reason Charles wants to stop the York girls working for the firm - he doesn't want to have to support them or commit William and George from having to do so into the future.

Interesting. I don't think I knew Charles was trying to stop the York girls from working for BRF (and thereby financing them.) I feel like I've seen Eugenie in particular, up her number of appearances. Maybe that's just because I follow her on Instagram though. I imagine Andrew isn't happy with Charles' plans.
LOL, that's like saying Atlantis had a water problem….

Ha! Guess it's pretty bad then!!
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #2616 on: July 05, 2018, 03:31:36 PM »

I think this is where Charles misses the mark.   While I agree that the girls aren't needed as FT working royals I would like to see their patronages appear in the court circular.   I would also like to see the girls at things like Festival of Remembrance, Remembrance Sunday, State Visits, & Diplomatic Reception.   Events where you expect a large royal presence.   Of course I expected the boys to attend once they were adults and their wives from marriage.   The girls could help to fill the gap at the big stuff between the time that the Queen's cousins retire/die and George/Charlotte/Louis/Spouses start attending.   Even a small office with a Private Secretary, Personal Private Secretary, and receptionist wouldn't break the bank.   A little give on Charles's part could have prevented rumors.

Is there anything stopping them from doing this while having a job on the side? I ask because it seems the whole issue about them has turned into Charles being cruel, stopping them from being working royals and thus, they cannot work. I would think it's his smartest plan to date, cutting the RF in size as it's not even certain the RF will make it through his taking over.

Also plenty of non-royals manage to make a living on their own AND doing charity on the side. Bea and Eug could do that too - if that wanted to..
Lady Alice

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2617 on: July 05, 2018, 03:54:03 PM »

Is there anything stopping them from doing this while having a job on the side? I ask because it seems the whole issue about them has turned into Charles being cruel, stopping them from being working royals and thus, they cannot work. I would think it's his smartest plan to date, cutting the RF in size as it's not even certain the RF will make it through his taking over.

Also plenty of non-royals manage to make a living on their own AND doing charity on the side. Bea and Eug could do that too - if they wanted to..

And that in the bolded is the crux of the matter. They have the means, the network, the money - they have a freedom in life choices many of us never will have. The York girls choose to be aimless. Some of it, I think, is because they've slid into the arena of semi-celebrity and prefer to party with A-listers and wear awful couture clothing, rather than work.

How much of the whole blocking them as working royals thing is due to Charles' view of the future? Or Andrew's conflicts with Charles? The politics of the day when Charles is in that position to decide that will probably play a big part in how this may change, but we'll never likely know how much of the sibling relationship plays into it - we'd need a fly on the wall for this information. For what it's worth, I think Charles is right to look towards slimming the monarchy down.

How much of the York girls' aimlessness is due to Andrew's arrogance and insistence on prerogatives? How big a part does Fergie's entitlement, mooching, and her codependency on her daughters play into this? Again, we'll never really know. What is known is that the York girls have the power to do good or great things beyond this half-life they have, just because of who they are, but instead do this piddling stuff. It's also apparent that they've never had the sense of noblesse oblige that cousin Alexandra has always had. It's really a shame.

Princess MS

Warned
Small Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2618 on: July 05, 2018, 04:08:00 PM »

Also plenty of non-royals manage to make a living on their own AND doing charity on the side. Bea and Eug could do that too - if they wanted to..

And that in the bolded is the crux of the matter. They have the means, the network, the money - they have a freedom in life choices many of us never will have. The York girls choose to be aimless. Some of it, I think, is because they've slid into the arena of semi-celebrity and prefer to party with A-listers and wear awful couture clothing, rather than work.

How much of the whole blocking them as working royals thing is due to Charles' view of the future? Or Andrew's conflicts with Charles? The politics of the day when Charles is in that position to decide that will probably play a big part in how this may change, but we'll never likely know how much of the sibling relationship plays into it - we'd need a fly on the wall for this information. For what it's worth, I think Charles is right to look towards slimming the monarchy down.

How much of the York girls' aimlessness is due to Andrew's arrogance and insistence on prerogatives? How big a part does Fergie's entitlement, mooching, and her codependency on her daughters play into this? Again, we'll never really know. What is known is that the York girls have the power to do good or great things beyond this half-life they have, just because of who they are, but instead do this piddling stuff. It's also apparent that they've never had the sense of noblesse oblige that cousin Alexandra has always had. It's really a shame.

From what I read they do support "causes" and unless there is a pap around on those occasions there may not be any recognition of that. Of course the whole family is totally blind to the self seeking life that they have and the mindset that makes them think it is their "right". I'd place the York girls a long way behind another four of their generation in terms of being entitled and time and money wasting - if they want to spend their own money - fine - and if there is an arrangement that works for the UK taxpayer - fine also - but leave it there - no paid holitours to Commonwealth countries for the likes of Haz and Megs - if they want to come they pay their way
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 04:19:39 PM by Princess MS » Logged
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #2619 on: July 05, 2018, 04:24:02 PM »

From what I read they do support "causes" and unless there is a pap around on those occasions there may not be any recognition of that. Of course the whole family is totally blind to the self seeking life that they have and the mindset that makes them think it is their "right". I'd place the York girls a long way behind another four of their generation in terms of being entitled and time and money wasting - if they want to spend their own money - fine - and if there is an arrangement that works for the UK taxpayer - fine also - but leave it there - no paid holitours to Commonwealth countries for the likes of Haz and Megs - if they want to come they pay their way

Harry and Meghan are O/T.

William and Kate are the future king and queen of England. Harry and Meghan the spare couple meant to support first Charles and then William until George, Charlotte and Louis are of age. They are a bigger deal than Bea and Eug, all the way around.
periwinkle

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #2620 on: July 05, 2018, 04:58:29 PM »

The York girls are caught in a weird position and that part is outside of their control. They were born at a time when no one questioned them as HRH royal princesses but grew up with everyone divorcing and the world and how we see royal roles changing and their own royal cousins are not Princess Louise and Prince James but they could be so that is already very weird. Andrew didn't see that coming and didn't react to it well at the time and I think part of that is that he is their father and has a protective instinct toward them. I mean Andrew doesn't exactly live in the real world but Fergie should know better and she is a total pill. Eugenie has a career from what we know and is now getting married and will have a family her life is like lots of rich women. I feel badly for Beatrice that she put all her eggs in the Dave basket but hopefully she will find someone nice and soon. She is not focused like her sister on a career or passion project so that is what really paints them both in a negative light. I think they do have a sense of noblesse oblige and of course have their few patronages they seem to enjoy but they are in a weird position and at a weird age when you either find and focus on a career or a relationship and while Eugenie has both Beatrice doesn't seem to have either. I think Eugenie would not want to be a full time royal ever and Beatrice clearly doesn't now but maybe she'll want it later she better decide which is which. At some point in life you have to decide what to do and if Beatrice wants to call on Charles and make her case I think she should and he should listen.
luvcharles

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2621 on: July 06, 2018, 12:46:43 AM »

Also plenty of non-royals manage to make a living on their own AND doing charity on the side. Bea and Eug could do that too - if that wanted to..

That is what they are doing. Beatrice works for Afiniti and Eugenie for Hauser and Wirth art gallery. They also do charity work on the side. Many people only read what media outlets like the DM write and believe it - especially when it accuses them of going on holidays all the time - ignoring the fact that many of their overseas breaks are at the weekends, when many people go away. Eugenie also is often seen overseas but ... when a check is made there is often an art event also happening so she is working while also going overseas.

Beatrice seems a lot less settled than Eugenie. Eugenie has worked in the art world since leaving university - first with Paddle 8 in NYC and then with Hauser and Wirth in London. Beatrice has done a few things but seems more settled now since she has moved to work for Afiniti.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: