Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diana Photos  (Read 1246901 times)
hrhpita

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3480 on: March 03, 2017, 08:27:11 PM »

some of her outfits from the later years you could still wear today.  it's amazing.

Ghost

Micro Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #3481 on: March 04, 2017, 07:07:51 PM »

She knew how to do colour.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #3482 on: March 04, 2017, 08:17:42 PM »

Powder blue is so classic. Mary has a powder blue suit that is actually very nice, looked good on her, she wore the jacket for Christian's christening but for some stupid reason she didn't wear the matching skirt.
gudgeon

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #3483 on: April 08, 2017, 12:52:31 AM »

Has this one been posted before? I don't think I've ever seen it and even the jewelry looks unfamiliar to me.

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3484 on: April 30, 2017, 11:42:07 AM »

It's been a while since I've posted in my favorite thread  Smiley

Don't think I have seen her wear this coat without a hat before

Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Still not queen, Maz reacts

Ignore
« Reply #3485 on: May 02, 2017, 11:28:02 AM »

I have to say I hate most of her hairstyles. This looks rather nice:

So does this:

This is pretty ok too but looks like a hairstyle for someone in their late forties.

But most of her hairstyles made her look a lot older than she was and I have a hard time thinking she died at 36 because the hairstyle makes her look close to 50 if not more. This is the one that especially made her look old. It looks like a wig we used as teens with friends for comedic purposes.

Olya

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #3486 on: May 26, 2017, 02:14:20 PM »

How Diana tricked the paparazzi with her HANDBAGS: Late royal would use her clutches as 'cleavage bags' to protect her modesty as she climbed out of cars

Revelation made by Diana's favourite handbag designer Anya Hindmarch
    Diana jokingly referred to her satin clutches as 'cleavage bags'
    Didn't want photographers snapping unflattering photos as she exited a car
    Queen and Kate also known to use their bags as secreat weapons 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.u...d-paparazzi-HANDBAGS.html
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3487 on: May 26, 2017, 03:19:47 PM »

Well, I guess she learned it the hard way...

https://dk.pinterest.com/pin/362258363755288448/

« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 03:28:33 PM by Lille » Logged
Olya

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #3488 on: May 26, 2017, 08:16:22 PM »

Well, I guess she learned it the hard way...

https://dk.pinterest.com/pin/362258363755288448/

I thought the same! She got into quite some trouble for wearing such a low cut dress and for the black colour by queen mum.

That was considered very inappropriate at the time, look now at the hideous monstrosities during awards season and in Cannes  Crap
I used to look forward to these occasions and fantasize about wearing a number of those, now they're all ugly and unwearable..  Confused

It would be spiffy if some other people would learn as quickly as Diana did..
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #3489 on: Yesterday at 01:49:29 AM »

I think Diana, as I recall - and I'm 47 and was always aware (who couldn't given the constant coverage) of Diana, her movements and her wardrobe at the time. I recall her always representing the style of the day well - however, those styles absolutely did not age well. That certainly isn't Di's fault. Toward the end of her life the fashion really progressed and I personally like her slicked back short hair style - not the puffier short one but this one below I found chic on her.

Olya

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #3490 on: Yesterday at 10:00:47 PM »

I think Diana, as I recall - and I'm 47 and was always aware (who couldn't given the constant coverage) of Diana, her movements and her wardrobe at the time. I recall her always representing the style of the day well - however, those styles absolutely did not age well. That certainly isn't Di's fault. Toward the end of her life the fashion really progressed and I personally like her slicked back short hair style - not the puffier short one but this one below I found chic on her.

I feel the same, though I was a little kid when she died, but I always knew "Princess Di(ana)", because she was always in the news & my mum liked her. I loved the pretty princess too!
It really is such a shame how the fashion of that period has aged so terribly, and she was spot on dressing the way she did for the time, but I wish she'd gone more often with more "timeless" designs, though I don't know whether that was possible, from what I gather as total outsider I think literally everyone dressed pretty much the same, and office gear, sports gear, bathsuits, evening gowns, just everything everyone wore was so typical for the 80s & 90s (wide cuts during both decades, neon in the 80s, beige & brown in the 90s, perms, brown lipstick & eyeshadow etc etc). The perms Diana was so fond of also are quite ageing (from today's perspective), esp on such short hair (sth I very much associate with older ladies & see it still on older women).
I love her dresses, makeup & hair the best from the later period of her life too, she was at times just a bit too tan, otherwise a very sophisticated & more elegantly timeless look.
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #3491 on: Yesterday at 10:11:56 PM »

I love her dresses, makeup & hair the best from the later period of her life too, she was at times just a bit too tan, otherwise a very sophisticated & more elegantly timeless look.

Totally agree with your entire analysis above and especially the snippet I'm highlighting here. Her later period fared much better. She often looked chic during her later years.

Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: