Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 256   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diana Photos  (Read 2691179 times)
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: March 13, 2012, 02:00:57 AM »

Can you imagine a thread like this for COWMilla  Secret  No

or for IAMDiana  No No

Donīt we have a House of Horror thread for the BRF?  Halo
Aww, Henry  Lolipop

Star Yapetka
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: March 13, 2012, 08:05:16 AM »

Aww, Henry  Lolipop [/quote]

ahh Harry, you must mean the King of Hearts  Wink...since his mother was the Queen of Hearts

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Yapetka

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: March 14, 2012, 09:17:08 AM »

Princess Tia, iCarrot, editorathome, getafix and Miss Waynfleet thank you  Beer

I could look at Diana pics all day!

Yes, I'm the same--can't explain it in any rational way. I see her and I just smile. Pretty remarkable that someone who's been gone so long can still have that effect. I'm aware of her flaws (some of which were terrible and extremely deep), but her charisma was absolutely unmatched. She was one-of-a-kind.

The same here. I have a book called "Diana" by Alison Gauntlett filled with pictures only and I can look at them all day long Smiley. There was something very special about her that none of the new princesses have it.

Well this is a safe place to share these things  Halo so I have to confess that Iīm exactly the same and I have a lot of books about Di. Even a big old scrapbook full of her pictures, itīs somewhere with my other school stuff and I just donīt have the heart to throw it away. I remember  how much I wanted my copy of Diana: Portrait of a Princess by Jayne Fincher. It was terribly overpriced (almost 1 500,- now it would be around 45 €) and there was only one copy in our little country. But they sold that bloody book before I was able to save up enough from my pocket money. They crushed my young soul  Cry

But hurray for the Internet  Banana  Banana  Banana

gudgeon

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: March 14, 2012, 04:40:15 PM »

I could look at Diana pics all day!

Yes, I'm the same--can't explain it in any rational way. I see her and I just smile. Pretty remarkable that someone who's been gone so long can still have that effect. I'm aware of her flaws (some of which were terrible and extremely deep), but her charisma was absolutely unmatched. She was one-of-a-kind.

So, so true!! It's interesting (to me) because I think one of the reasons she had so much empathy for others - which you can see in photos like these - is that she had so much emotional baggage. I can't imagine Waity EVER looking so genuinely emotional over strangers...or over ANYTHING really. I think Diana's emotional responses were real because she knew what it was like to feel abandoned by her mother or have her marriage fall apart with her husband cheating on her the entire time. I don't know if that makes sense or not but I just think that she was a very empathetic person and that's what made everyone feel so special in her presence - you felt like she knew and understood you. I also think charisma - which she had in SPADES - is just inborn and it's not something you can learn (sorry, Waity!).

But, on a lighter note, here are some happier ones...

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
Yapetka

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: March 14, 2012, 09:29:41 PM »

So, so true!! It's interesting (to me) because I think one of the reasons she had so much empathy for others - which you can see in photos like these - is that she had so much emotional baggage. I can't imagine Waity EVER looking so genuinely emotional over strangers...or over ANYTHING really. I think Diana's emotional responses were real because she knew what it was like to feel abandoned by her mother or have her marriage fall apart with her husband cheating on her the entire time. I don't know if that makes sense or not but I just think that she was a very empathetic person and that's what made everyone feel so special in her presence - you felt like she knew and understood you. I also think charisma - which she had in SPADES - is just inborn and it's not something you can learn (sorry, Waity!).

So true  Thumb up Yes Kate smiles, waves and shakes hands but otherwise she looks very aloof, like everything goes one ear in and the other ear out and itīs sad because all of the media attention is on her and sheīs able to really make a difference, but she opted for the easy way - nice dress and nice hair. Letīs hope she will grow up, because when it comes to Kate 30 is a new 18.

Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: March 14, 2012, 09:45:03 PM »

Is Charles pointing at her hair in the pic from the Braemar games Confused
Yapetka

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: March 14, 2012, 10:03:21 PM »

Maybe he wanted to shift away hair from her sight. He used to be quite affectionate and chivalrous at least early in their marriage. Unlike his son  Whistle
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 10:11:56 PM by Yapetka » Logged

Yapetka

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: March 16, 2012, 05:47:51 PM »

I never understood the royals fuss over the updo. It was such a traditional look anyway. If she had gone punk or something  Wink I'd get it. But she looked exactly like everyone else in that family - boring! Proof that Diana just couldn't win........it must've felt so smothering.

She looked little bit like young Princess Anne, maybe her hair supposed to be an homage to Anne  Thinking

gudgeon

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: March 16, 2012, 06:20:59 PM »

I never understood the royals fuss over the updo. It was such a traditional look anyway. If she had gone punk or something  Wink I'd get it. But she looked exactly like everyone else in that family - boring! Proof that Diana just couldn't win........it must've felt so smothering.

She looked little bit like young Princess Anne, maybe her hair supposed to be an homage to Anne  Thinking

Hee hee, Anne looks like she has mutton chops  Laughing

It is SO STRANGE to see flirty pictures of upChuck and Di...and then to think about the lack of any visible intimacy or affection between Willy and Waity. On the one hand I often think that couples who are really amorous in public are kind of faking it and trying to put on a show so everyone else thinks they are so hot and heavy (kind of like Seal and Heidi always renewing their wedding vows and now getting divorced). But on the other hand there doesn't seem to be any romantic spark between Waity and Willy...so odd. I wonder if it will change at all once/if she gets pregnant? Like, will that create a new intimate bond between them? Curious...I'm going to go look for intimate photos of W-W and see if I can find any...

Maybe he wanted to shift away hair from her sight. He used to be quite affectionate and chivalrous at least early in their marriage. Unlike his son  Whistle

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
Yapetka

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: March 18, 2012, 06:46:16 PM »

today's dose of Diana pictures

Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: March 23, 2012, 11:35:27 AM »

Yikes
hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: March 23, 2012, 11:54:53 AM »

I wonder what she would have been like these days I think the spark would still spark but a lot less regal more of a celebrity but one of the most appealing ones

Diana and Grace were the only memorable royal women the majority is just bland a few standout a bit more but no one comes close

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: March 23, 2012, 12:25:43 PM »

having followed diana since her engagement I pretty much thought I knew all her outfits. Still I sometimes stumble over new ones. These 2 are new to me.
Princess Tia

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: March 23, 2012, 03:22:45 PM »

Thanks so much YAP, Lille, and Gudgeon  Star Star Star!!!  Please keep them coming, I never tire of looking at photos of Diana.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 03:28:33 PM by Princess Tia » Logged
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: March 24, 2012, 12:08:56 AM »

Yapetka  Star  Your daily star my dear!
Lille and Grudeon   Star Star for you two ladies as well!

Please keep digging!  I am a Diana photo hound!!!!!! Thumb up Yes

I know this is odd, but Yapetka, would you be able to dig up photos of Princess Anne when she was young and (cough!) photogenic   ~ 19 or a little older?  I find her younger portraits interesting and regal and elegant.
Like Miss Waynefleet's avatar!  Thanks  Champagne Champagne Champagne
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 256   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: