Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 248   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diana Photos  (Read 1445437 times)
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #3645 on: March 22, 2018, 11:57:21 AM »

I wish I could see the footage of Princess Diana and Wayne Sleep dancing to Billy Joel's Uptown Girl... I know someone must've filmed it. It was a surprise for Prince Charles but he wasn't as impressed as she had hoped for.  Sad

AutumnOpal

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3646 on: March 22, 2018, 02:17:13 PM »

Knowing him he wasn't impressed because she was getting all the attention.
Those pictures are great though.
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #3647 on: March 22, 2018, 02:31:22 PM »

I’m sorry but this sounds kinda tacky to me.

The Spy Who Loved You

Baby Member

Canada Canada

"Keeping the British end up, sir."

Ignore
« Reply #3648 on: March 22, 2018, 03:06:55 PM »

I wish I could see the footage of Princess Diana and Wayne Sleep dancing to Billy Joel's Uptown Girl... I know someone must've filmed it. It was a surprise for Prince Charles but he wasn't as impressed as she had hoped for.  Sad

These photos are great! What an eye-opener they are. She stands in sharp contrast to
the "stiff" public image we associate with royals.

“Here's to alcohol, the rose colored glasses of life.” 
— F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Beautiful and Damned
Lizardcandy

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #3649 on: March 22, 2018, 04:54:27 PM »

These photos are great! What an eye-opener they are. She stands in sharp contrast to
the "stiff" public image we associate with royals.
It makes me cringe to see these pictures to be honest, how exactly did she expect her super conservative husband to react I wonder. It's like they lived in totally different universes
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #3650 on: March 22, 2018, 05:11:24 PM »

Any other royal would have been crucified for this....

Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3651 on: March 22, 2018, 07:20:37 PM »

I don't really understand the outrage. Everyone knew she was dancing on her free time (or at least had done so earlier in life) and that Wayne Sleep, a former Royal Ballet dancer, was her friend. It was a three minute thing at the Royal Opera House, 2500 people saw it but so what. She wasn't the first royal to dance on a theatre stage. But I guess what was ok back in the day wasn't ok anymore in 1985. People expect the BRF to be like wooden idols which is insane. Charles should have been happy she did that for him.

rosella

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3652 on: March 22, 2018, 08:11:56 PM »

I can't remember any outrage at the time about Diana dancing, from the general public or the tabloids. The only displeasure I've read about was Charles's, via Wayne Sleep, who got the impression that Charles felt that Diana had made an exhibition of herself. Even then, Sleep felt that a lot of that outrage was that Charles himself hadn't been invited to do anything. In a previous year Charles had been on stage with Diana and they had done a brief skit on a popular ad of the time, singing 'Only one Cornetto!'
AddiesGirl
Banned
Banned
Big Member

"I am aware that you believe me insane" - Sisi

Ignore
« Reply #3653 on: March 22, 2018, 09:30:50 PM »

I can't remember any outrage at the time about Diana dancing, from the general public or the tabloids. The only displeasure I've read about was Charles's, via Wayne Sleep, who got the impression that Charles felt that Diana had made an exhibition of herself. Even then, Sleep felt that a lot of that outrage was that Charles himself hadn't been invited to do anything. In a previous year Charles had been on stage with Diana and they had done a brief skit on a popular ad of the time, singing 'Only one Cornetto!'

^absolutely agree, I also seem to remember Charles wasn't pleased with how skimply (in his eyes) she was dressed. But I fear we are drifting into dangerous waters and this is supposed to be a photos only thread per Maria. I leave you with this, this is the way I want to remember her, not the sadness.

Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3654 on: March 22, 2018, 09:37:30 PM »

^absolutely agree, I also seem to remember Charles wasn't pleased with how skimply (in his eyes) she was dressed. But I fear we are drifting into dangerous waters and this is supposed to be a photos only thread per Maria. I leave you with this, this is the way I want to remember her, not the sadness.

Jeez, I almost forgot!   Agreed!!

I am dreadfully sorry, from now on pictures only!

« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 09:45:50 PM by Suzerain » Logged

AddiesGirl
Banned
Banned
Big Member

"I am aware that you believe me insane" - Sisi

Ignore
« Reply #3655 on: March 22, 2018, 09:45:40 PM »

OMG I want that butterfly lamp! She was so adorable.
MCJ

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #3656 on: April 16, 2018, 07:50:49 AM »

This is not strictly a photos link and it's not even new, but I just came across this program on the BBC radio site, in which people talk about when they met Diana. It doesn't include photos, but hearing some of the commentary brought some images instantly to mind, such as the time, during her engagement, when the then-student interviewed at the beginning presented her with a daffodil and kissed her hand!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b092gjmz
rosella

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3657 on: April 16, 2018, 08:06:26 AM »

I remember that incident. It was very sweet, and Diana looked pleased. There were many occasions like that. People just fell in love with her.
Paulina

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #3658 on: April 16, 2018, 10:01:36 PM »

I think Diana genuinely liked people. It speaks to her character that she chose to be a nanny to kids before she ever got caught up with Charles. It was reciprocal. She got something from being warm to people and they got something from her. And as for her dancing, well, it's not a surprise. She'd had many years of dancing lessons and interest in ballet before that 3 minute presentation. Those pictures are beautiful. She had some life in her for sure. And she was young and active. Thanks for sharing the pictures. She was a unique one.
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3659 on: April 22, 2018, 02:25:39 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 248   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: