Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 256   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diana Photos  (Read 2245201 times)
SvenskaSarah

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #3780 on: February 16, 2019, 03:43:57 AM »

I took my mum to the Diana exhibition at Kensington Palace when it first opened. I was amazed by seeing the clothing in person that I'd seen in photographs. The craftsmanship is exceptional, but it also gave an incredibly good insight as to just how tall and thin Diana was. I'm not the biggest fan of her, but I truly recommend a visit to th exhibition. I think they feature some of the Queen, Margaret and maybe Camila and the Queen mother (don't quote me on than latter two).
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3781 on: February 17, 2019, 12:43:06 AM »

Diana with her Chanel bags

... and her famous Lady Dior bag which she seemed to have several versions of

Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3782 on: February 17, 2019, 09:53:09 AM »

Quite a collection.

I wonder why nobody saw the bags valuable enough to also keep them for the future when her sons had their take on her jewellery.

The Lady Dior bags are are timeless investment pieces (the style is still available, and depending on size and material, they cost 2.500 to 5.000 EUR per piece),
as are the Chanel bags.

She also owned several Anya Hindmarch "Maud" clutches in light colors - Kate later bought the same model in black.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #3783 on: February 17, 2019, 10:23:48 AM »

I wonder what happened to items like these purses?  Maybe her mother and sisters took them?
Kitty

Warned
Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3784 on: February 17, 2019, 11:02:59 PM »

SO during the Diana years is when collectibles and booklets were popular for the British royals and knowing about their tours, fashion, charities, palaces, and sometimes their personal lives and somehow I find myself missing that. Not because print media/magazines are dead medium but because its great to collect them and you knew more about the royals and the work they did!
Lady G

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #3785 on: February 18, 2019, 10:19:10 PM »

SO during the Diana years is when collectibles and booklets were popular for the British royals and knowing about their tours, fashion, charities, palaces, and sometimes their personal lives and somehow I find myself missing that. Not because print media/magazines are dead medium but because its great to collect them and you knew more about the royals and the work they did!

I keep all my old royalty books back at my parents' house. Can't bring myself to throw them out. Every Hello! from all the weddings/babies/jubilees/funerals. Diana, Fergie and Alexandra's wedding books (Alexandra's was my mum's). Some great books with the whole family (including Gloucesters, Kents etc) and their engagements. I was tempted by Chris Jackson's 'Modern Monarchy'. Has anyone read it?

"Cowards falter, but danger is often overcome by those who nobly dare."
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3786 on: February 19, 2019, 02:41:46 AM »

I'm on the waiting list at my library. It hasn't come in yet. 
Kitty

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #3787 on: February 19, 2019, 04:14:33 AM »

I keep all my old royalty books back at my parents' house. Can't bring myself to throw them out. Every Hello! from all the weddings/babies/jubilees/funerals. Diana, Fergie and Alexandra's wedding books (Alexandra's was my mum's). Some great books with the whole family (including Gloucesters, Kents etc) and their engagements. I was tempted by Chris Jackson's 'Modern Monarchy'. Has anyone read it?
Oh wow! Oh I wish I owned them!!! I felt like we knew more about them than we do today just from those old royalty books and collectibles.
Lady G

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #3788 on: February 19, 2019, 08:36:29 PM »

Oh wow! Oh I wish I owned them!!! I felt like we knew more about them than we do today just from those old royalty books and collectibles.

Trevor Hall used to do these 'The Royal Year' books - they were great because they covered the whole family and they were rammed with pictures . And Ladybird used to bring out these small hardback books as well. I have this one

"Cowards falter, but danger is often overcome by those who nobly dare."
Kitty

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #3789 on: February 19, 2019, 10:11:24 PM »

Trevor Hall used to do these 'The Royal Year' books - they were great because they covered the whole family and they were rammed with pictures . And Ladybird used to bring out these small hardback books as well. I have this one

[/quote I wonder why the monarchy don't do these again because it was popular and successful in the 80s and 90s. Plus it can be another great way to bring revenue too.
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3790 on: February 19, 2019, 10:16:58 PM »

Hello, my name is KC and I'm a book hoarder And 95% of my books are royalty-related. Everything from obscure autobiographies of minor German royals (like Princess Daisy of Pless) to modern commemorative and monthly magazines. I don't buy them anymore, but I now have a collection that dates back to the mid 80s. My poor children have tonnage to get rid of if I don't get rid of it first Blush
Kitty

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #3791 on: February 20, 2019, 04:46:01 AM »

Hello, my name is KC and I'm a book hoarder And 95% of my books are royalty-related. Everything from obscure autobiographies of minor German royals (like Princess Daisy of Pless) to modern commemorative and monthly magazines. I don't buy them anymore, but I now have a collection that dates back to the mid 80s. My poor children have tonnage to get rid of if I don't get rid of it first Blush
DON'T GET RID OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was also a time when royalty really was a center on the global stage!!
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3792 on: February 20, 2019, 05:19:16 AM »

DON'T GET RID OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was also a time when royalty really was a center on the global stage!!

That's for sure, the historical aspects of their lives have taught me so much about world history. The Belgian Congo, the Crimean War, the history of the Balkans, it's all interwoven into the history of royalty. They were actually leaders then, not just figureheads (for better or usually worse).

I'll never toss them out, I'll donate them or sell them before I'd do that. I'm sure there are libraries that would love to have some of them that really are quite obscure. My kids know that some of them are valuable, I hope I've impressed on them that should anything happen they will bring good money. You just never know with kids Wink
Kitty

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #3793 on: February 20, 2019, 06:35:21 AM »

That's for sure, the historical aspects of their lives have taught me so much about world history. The Belgian Congo, the Crimean War, the history of the Balkans, it's all interwoven into the history of royalty. They were actually leaders then, not just figureheads (for better or usually worse).

I'll never toss them out, I'll donate them or sell them before I'd do that. I'm sure there are libraries that would love to have some of them that really are quite obscure. My kids know that some of them are valuable, I hope I've impressed on them that should anything happen they will bring good money. You just never know with kids Wink
Don't forget the 80s and 90s was a time when the monarchy and royals really became global phenomenons and that includes Diana for the most part. Oh how I wish I owned many of the old booklets and collectibles about her and the royals. Its like the royals today are even more distant than they were in the past which is ironic since back then royalty was much more respected and there was a difference between them and celebrity.
Carreen

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3794 on: February 22, 2019, 02:32:26 PM »

Oh, I had, among other nice things, a beautifully illustrated book about the wedding of Charles and Diana. I remember every single picture but the book itself has disappeared long ago. It was the time of her early British fashion - windmill collars, pussy bows, salmon ensembles, crisp ruches, electric blue block stripes and clown hats. She could pull of ANYthing, she was so graceful and radiant with just the right amount of shyness. I remember that as a girl, I was sad she always had short haircuts - it was too modern for my taste, not princessy enough. She had such wondderful thick hair - imagine what a plait she could have had! :-) 
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 256   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: