Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 256   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diana Photos  (Read 2245199 times)
nirvana

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #840 on: June 23, 2012, 08:42:59 PM »

Is it my imagination?  Maybe it's the haircut?  Do Edward and Harry have similar looks as small children? Sorry, I didn't inherit the photo posting gene--a very bad trait to have in a photo thread.  However, I just saw the little video of Edward next to Charles when Charles was fiddling Smiley with his cello.  I thought Edward and Harry looked a lot alike in profile.  If Harry is going to age as a Windsor it is MHO that Edward would be the best one to resemble.  In my dreams a Windsor with hair.

You are most definitely not alone, I know which photo you mean   Thumb up  Harry is often said to take after the Spencers, but to me he is very much like the Windsors.  He has Edwards elfin face and ski slope nose, and the red hair also comes from either Queen Mary or Alexandra (I can't remember which one).

Jeah!!!
Lolita

« Reply #841 on: June 23, 2012, 09:22:54 PM »

I'm not a fan of Di by any means but looking at this pics one can't deny that she was the very epitome of charisma and allure. She had something very special that attracted the attention of the viewer.
Lexy

Warned
Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #842 on: June 23, 2012, 09:56:22 PM »

“We once told the late Princess of Wales that William will be a great king but she replied “….Harry will be outstanding, you’ll see."

found this quote on tumblr, is it real? Rather fascinating if it is.
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #843 on: June 23, 2012, 09:59:03 PM »

Diana Again, (now banned but a gloriously insightful member of the board) once said that Willy felt Diana's loss because he needed her.  But that Harry's loss was deeper because he WAS her, and it was like losing a limb for him.

In DA's opinion, Harry and Diana were close because they were peas in a pod.  I certainly see that as Harry matures.  Her charisma, spark, way with people.... it all manifests in Harry. 

You can call me TrollSpoon.
Lexy

Warned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #844 on: June 23, 2012, 10:03:27 PM »

Diana Again, (now banned but a gloriously insightful member of the board) once said that Willy felt Diana's loss because he needed her.  But that Harry's loss was deeper because he WAS her, and it was like losing a limb for him.

In DA's opinion, Harry and Diana were close because they were peas in a pod.  I certainly see that as Harry matures.  Her charisma, spark, way with people.... it all manifests in Harry. 

Very insightful indeed, I agree.
whimsicalwriter
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #845 on: June 23, 2012, 10:53:40 PM »

“We once told the late Princess of Wales that William will be a great king but she replied “….Harry will be outstanding, you’ll see."

I have read that quote in a number of places. I can't say if Diana did actually say it but many believe she did. Of course reading it in several places makes people believe it even if it's not tue.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #846 on: June 23, 2012, 11:20:50 PM »

Angola 1
http://youtu.be/9u9oMzj56nw

Angola 2
http://youtu.be/ZZ-dSwqXNpA

Angola
http://youtu.be/9xCRDwA-rrQ
http://youtu.be/HywXBUcPBy8

Lexy

Warned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #847 on: June 24, 2012, 12:16:04 AM »

I have read that quote in a number of places. I can't say if Diana did actually say it but many believe she did. Of course reading it in several places makes people believe it even if it's not tue.

if he ever did miraculously become King it will sure be an interesting quote to look back on
tudorfan

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #848 on: June 24, 2012, 04:33:29 AM »

Ah, there was once a time you could look at a spouse of Charles and say, "now that's a princess."  Now you have to turn away and blind your eyes from Medusa the scary witch.   

"I was the one who was always pitched out front, whether it was my clothes, what I said, what my hair was doing, everything - which was a pretty dull subject, actually, and it's been exhausted over the years." - Diana
Chris

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #849 on: June 24, 2012, 04:39:49 AM »

if he ever did miraculously become King it will sure be an interesting quote to look back on

Perhaps she meant that Harry would be an outstanding help to his brother when the time came for William to take the throne.  I just can't see Diana thinking that William shouldn't be king...particularly when she so often said that William would be much better suited to be king than his father and she felt Charles should be skipped over for his son.  This sounds like something that might have been the figment of a reporter's imagination.  IMO
Grace and Diana Fan

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #850 on: June 24, 2012, 05:44:26 AM »

« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 06:00:44 AM by Grace and Diana Fan » Logged
tudorfan

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #851 on: June 24, 2012, 02:59:11 PM »

Candid photo on a holiday in April 97.

"I was the one who was always pitched out front, whether it was my clothes, what I said, what my hair was doing, everything - which was a pretty dull subject, actually, and it's been exhausted over the years." - Diana
tgb

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #852 on: June 24, 2012, 05:40:00 PM »

I'd bet a million bucks she meant "[William will be great but] Harry will be outstanding [in his own duties], you’ll see."

Seems like they left out the part before the .... to make it sound more controversial. I imagine Diana just saw qualities that would make Harry excellent at his job and wanted to shout him out, too -- she'd always been aware William as the heir would get more attention, and probably felt Harry needed some recognition. I would LOVE to see Harry become king, however!
devin22

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #853 on: June 24, 2012, 06:07:19 PM »

I'd bet a million bucks she meant "[William will be great but] Harry will be outstanding [in his own duties], you’ll see."

Seems like they left out the part before the .... to make it sound more controversial. I imagine Diana just saw qualities that would make Harry excellent at his job and wanted to shout him out, too -- she'd always been aware William as the heir would get more attention, and probably felt Harry needed some recognition. I would LOVE to see Harry become king, however!

I agree. She wanted to also shower praise on to her second child who sometimes overlooked. Out of those 2 Harry has the most magnetic personality imo. That picture of Diana in Barbuda is very nice.
Gabby/gabs87

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #854 on: June 24, 2012, 06:16:51 PM »

I have to agree. I don't think Diana meant that William would amount to nothing and Harry would take the thrown but rather she was pointing out she had 2 sons (Something I often do with my twins when one get's more attention than the other). Oh if only she was here today to see how truly outstanding Harry is. I see a lot of her people skills in him and he sure does have her mannerisms. Something which I think his brother lacks slightly. I would love to see Harry King but I wouldn't wish that sort of responsibility on anyone. I even feel slightly for William knowing he will one day become King and there isn't a damned thing he can do about it other than walk away from the BRF  Sad
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 256   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: